No change in TM30, TM28 reporting, says Phuket Immigration

rooster59

No change in TM30, TM28 reporting, says Phuket Immigration

By The Phuket News

1578046431_1-org.jpg

The counters for completing TM30 forms at Phuket Immigration are still needed. Photo: Tanyaluk Sakoot

PHUKET: There have been no changes to requirements for landlords of foreigners and for foreigners themselves to report their own whereabouts under the TM30 and TM28 provisions, a senior officer at Phuket Immigration has told The Phuket News.

The confirmation follows a foreigner posting online on Thursday (Jan 2) that a friend in Maha Sarakham province had presented himself to his local immigration office there to file a required report, but being told that the reporting requirement under the TM30 provision no longer applied throughout the country.

“‪He was told all reporting requirements connected to TM30 are canceled. No more reporting of a return after leaving your home province‬,” the post said.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/no-change-in-tm30-tm28-reporting-says-phuket-immigration-74237.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-01-04

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately this is the story of Thai Law everywhere. No one really knows what the law is because it is all up to the judge, policeman, immigration officer or anyone else who has any power. The result is the perfect environment for corruption and it is quite likely that is exactly how they want to keep it. Thailand is no place for business and increasingly becoming no place to retire to or reside in as regulations become more aggressive, more confusing and more difficult to comply with.

55 minutes ago, timewilltell said:

Thailand is no place for business and increasingly becoming no place to retire to or reside in as regulations become more aggressive, more confusing and more difficult to comply with.

I cannot agree with your last statement. I, and all of my foreign friends here, are not having the difficulties with the rules that your statement implies. The retired ones just leave the money in the bank on a long term deposit (they love the strong baht) and I have been running my business for about 18 years and everything is pretty much same same. I pay the taxes for me, the company and my staff - where are the difficulties? Work permit and visas are all pretty straight forward.

Life here is simple. Learn the rules and just follow them. Do not pissss anyone off.

Completely wrong - no foreigner who relies on outside country income wants a strong baht...

800k in a Thai baht interest almost nothing is a bad investment..

and then next year rolls around where the foreigner must bring it back up to 800k or rely on interval outside income...

might want to re-think that retired foreigners like a strong baht...

19 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

I cannot agree with your last statement. I, and all of my foreign friends here, are not having the difficulties with the rules that your statement implies. The retired ones just leave the money in the bank on a long term deposit (they love the strong baht) and I have been running my business for about 18 years and everything is pretty much same same. I pay the taxes for me, the company and my staff - where are the difficulties? Work permit and visas are all pretty straight forward.

Life here is simple. Learn the rules and just follow them. Do not pissss anyone off.

Another that assesses a complex situation only through the prism of his own circumstances.

After coming back from France in October, I went to Pathum Thani immigration, a desk officer told me if I still have my old tm30 then I don’t need to report again even if I was coming back From overseas. I just n deed to wait for my 90 days report.

I no longer travel within Thailand.    My next holiday will be to new York city.   I will spend more on that 17 day holiday than 3 months of hotels and restaurants in Thailand but i don't want to screw around with the travel forms in Thailand.    

It no wonder the confusion when launched it was a real mess. It would be easier to know when PM takes a poo in his office. I know many refused to fill out form and no go to a hotel stay. We all have friends!

So many people complain about the TM30 system and yet not one General or manager will step up and organize a better way? The Embassy Vetted us to move to Thailand, but Immigration Offices are taught they are in control who stays in Thailand. Just ask yourself why all immigration office do not have a proper Cashier Department! Corruption! They not care if you have a loan or own a home, You will leave when the tell you!!!! The Embassy of the world will not support you in regard to verify income which comes from the US Govt., Maybe they too are partners in Crime?

Good luck to all in 20 20

This Phuket Immigration guy's explanation of TM30s being a landlords'-only responsibility and TM28 being a foreigner's responsibility absolutely doesn't fit with the way BKK CW Immigration and elsewhere have been enforcing these rules.

BKK CW has regularly imposed the TM30 requirement on foreigners who are pure and simple renters/tenants who don't own the property they live in. And when all this started, they weren't withholding foreigner tenants' extension of stay applications until they filed a TM28. They were fining foreigner tenants and requiring them to file and show TM30s.

These people simply don't have a clue of what they're doing or what they're saying at the organizational level.

3 hours ago, ChasingTheSun said:

If you cant afford to put 800K baht into a bank account, and let it sit there forever, you should never EVER consider living outside your home country.

Stay home please!

What a load of codswallop.

4 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

What have you been smoking????

6 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Every office has it's own interpratation of this

Every office has their own interpretation on every single rule in the book and every single schill officer has their own interpretation on top of that depending upon which side of the bed they got out of or how much power they feel like wielding that particular day. Makes me sick having to deal with these creatures.

3 hours ago, ChasingTheSun said:

If you cant afford to put 800K baht into a bank account, and let it sit there forever, you should never EVER consider living outside your home country.

Stay home please!

I can live very comfortably here for 15,000 a month. Aircon, IPTV, internet, out for dinner every Friday evening, western food for dinner, Thai food for lunch, running a pickup, living with wife and five dogs. Four bedroom house, 1.1 rai of land bought when the baht was in the toilet. Just the occasional extra expense, such as car insurance.

Why the hell should I need to keep 800,000 laying stagnant in a bank. I wouldn't need to do that in my native UK. Why should I need, by law, to do it here? Thais are not required to keep 800,000 in the bank, only foreigners. Why? We all live in the same country. It's no more logical than the 90-day exit rule. Just a rule for a rules sake, with no practical purpose. Some people might, for whatever reason, need to keep 800,000 to safeguard their lifestyle, but one size does not fit all.

20 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I can live very comfortably here for 15,000 a month. Aircon, IPTV, internet, out for dinner every Friday evening, western food for dinner, Thai food for lunch, running a pickup, living with wife and five dogs. Four bedroom house, 1.1 rai of land bought when the baht was in the toilet. Just the occasional extra expense, such as car insurance.

Why the hell should I need to keep 800,000 laying stagnant in a bank. I wouldn't need to do that in my native UK. Why should I need, by law, to do it here? Thais are not required to keep 800,000 in the bank, only foreigners. Why? We all live in the same country. It's no more logical than the 90-day exit rule. Just a rule for a rules sake, with no practical purpose. Some people might, for whatever reason, need to keep 800,000 to safeguard their lifestyle, but one size does not fit all.

800k baht in the bank account is for a retirement visa.

if someone Is a 50+ retiree without a suitable pension income, and they complain that they cant afford to have a measly 800K baht held in their bank account for the purpose of securing a retirement visa, then they have NO business trying to retire in said foreign country.

In fact, if the person is a westerner, the person is probably a huge failure in life, and they are also a big financial risk to the foreign country that they want to scrape-by(reside) in.

6 hours ago, timewilltell said:

Unfortunately this is the story of Thai Law everywhere. No one really knows what the law is because it is all up to the judge, policeman, immigration officer or anyone else who has any power. The result is the perfect environment for corruption and it is quite likely that is exactly how they want to keep it. Thailand is no place for business and increasingly becoming no place to retire to or reside in as regulations become more aggressive, more confusing and more difficult to comply with.

I've been here for 8 years and have no problem what the h? I was even stopped in the reception area of my apartment 2019 my immigration officers showed my papers no problem. Just renew every 90 and yearly! geeze.

6 hours ago, timewilltell said:

Your right each time I came in before and I was stopped and asked what I was doing here? And the other officers were clueless and not one had a clue what others were asking it's all made up as they go along no wonder tourism crashing with Western people. 

5 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Completely wrong - no foreigner who relies on outside country income wants a strong baht...

800k in a Thai baht interest almost nothing is a bad investment..

and then next year rolls around where the foreigner must bring it back up to 800k or rely on interval outside income...

might want to re-think that retired foreigners like a strong baht...

"800k in a Thai baht interest almost nothing is a bad investment"

Better interest rates in thai banks compared to most western banks if you know where to put them. 0% back home. 

26 minutes ago, aspenbkk said:

Your right each time I came in before and I was stopped and asked what I was doing here? And the other officers were clueless and not one had a clue what others were asking it's all made up as they go along no wonder tourism crashing with Western people. 

Tourists are really not affected by this. And also for expats it is not as difficult as you make it out to be.

Archived