No change in TM30, TM28 reporting, says Phuket Immigration

rooster59

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

What a load of codswallop.

Rubbish. If you are on the bread line.. why are you here ? I live pretty comfortably on Aussie aged pension. And yes, I have a hobby & a few beers & a steak at least once a week.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I can live very comfortably here for 15,000 a month. Aircon, IPTV, internet, out for dinner every Friday evening, western food for dinner, Thai food for lunch, running a pickup, living with wife and five dogs. Four bedroom house, 1.1 rai of land bought when the baht was in the toilet. Just the occasional extra expense, such as car insurance.

Why the hell should I need to keep 800,000 laying stagnant in a bank. I wouldn't need to do that in my native UK. Why should I need, by law, to do it here? Thais are not required to keep 800,000 in the bank, only foreigners. Why? We all live in the same country. It's no more logical than the 90-day exit rule. Just a rule for a rules sake, with no practical purpose. Some people might, for whatever reason, need to keep 800,000 to safeguard their lifestyle, but one size does not fit all.

I disagree. The reasons for these rules is extremely logical and the logic is easy to follow: We tolerate your presence here as long as you provide income; as long as you don't become too settled and comfortable; as long as you do not regard your situation as permanent; as long as you do not begin thinking about this place as "home;"  as long as you don't become too vested and invested in being here; as long as you never forget your place; you are a "guest" (even though we don't put no damn mints under your pillow and give you little bottles of shampoo like he Holiday Inn!).

This policy and attitude can be soft pebbled and remain more or less in the background, or it can be more "in your face" as it has been recently.  The irony is that so many of us keep coming back for more.  Please Sir, can I have another?

1 hour ago, ChasingTheSun said:

800k baht in the bank account is for a retirement visa.

if someone Is a 50+ retiree without a suitable pension income, and they complain that they cant afford to have a measly 800K baht held in their bank account for the purpose of securing a retirement visa, then they have NO business trying to retire in said foreign country.

In fact, if the person is a westerner, the person is probably a huge failure in life, and they are also a big financial risk to the foreign country that they want to scrape-by(reside) in.

Interesting that you judge whether a person is a success or not on how much money they have. Some others have different values in life. Your idea appears to be that who dies with the biggest bank balance wins. There are a hundred reasons that some people might not have money to stagnate in a bank to no purpose whatsoever. A poor marriage, investments that went sour etc. I really have no time for people like you that have no compassion for others.

38 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Interesting that you judge whether a person is a success or not on how much money they have. Some others have different values in life. Your idea appears to be that who dies with the biggest bank balance wins. There are a hundred reasons that some people might not have money to stagnate in a bank to no purpose whatsoever. A poor marriage, investments that went sour etc. I really have no time for people like you that have no compassion for others.

Learn to read Barry.

I said “probably”.

Please read posts carefully before you rush to respond and judge others. 

i really have no time for people that respond to posts without reading them first.

13 minutes ago, ChasingTheSun said:

Learn to read Barry.

I said “probably”.

Please read posts carefully before you rush to respond and judge others. 

i really have no time for people that respond to posts without reading them first.

I understand what probably means. It means highly likely, so my comment stands.

8 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You obviously don’t understand what the word “probably“ means.

“Probably” means >50% probability.

if you are 50+ years old from a western country, and you can’t even save 800k and keep it in a bank account, you are not entitled to retire in Thailand.

You sound like one of those people who PROBABLY feels he is entitled to “free” stuff everywhere he goes. 

7 hours ago, ChasingTheSun said:

If you cant afford to put 800K baht into a bank account, and let it sit there forever, you should never EVER consider living outside your home country.

Stay home please!

Cant beleive a man can spend a whole 40 years working 8 hours a day and not squirel away a measley 800k , blows my mind! Glad they have finally been given the boot ..best thing for Thailand for sure

9 minutes ago, ChasingTheSun said:

You obviously don’t understand what the word “probably“ means.

“Probably” means >50% probability.

if you are 50+ years old from a western country, and you can’t even save 800k and keep it in a bank account, you are not entitled to retire in Thailand.

You sound like one of those people who PROBABLY feels he is entitled to “free” stuff everywhere he goes. 

I know perfectly well what probably means. I've been a journalist for 40 years and choose my words carefully. I think you meant to write 'possibly', not 'probably'. That's okay.

24 minutes ago, madmen said:

Cant beleive a man can spend a whole 40 years working 8 hours a day and not squirel away a measley 800k , blows my mind! Glad they have finally been given the boot ..best thing for Thailand for sure

I cannot believe that semi-literate people can put 800k away, congratulations. 

23 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I know perfectly well what probably means. I've been a journalist for 40 years and choose my words carefully. I think you meant to write 'possibly', not 'probably'. That's okay.

Lol

keep trying Barry, sounds like you are coming around, albeit slowly.

2 hours ago, malt25 said:

Rubbish. If you are on the bread line.. why are you here ? I live pretty comfortably on Aussie aged pension. And yes, I have a hobby & a few beers & a steak at least once a week.

Who's on the breadline? I can afford to put the required money in the bank, and I wouldn't even if I was a baht millionaire several times over, now run along instead of going on about things you know nothing about.

This debate is now finished.

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I can live very comfortably here for 15,000 a month. Aircon, IPTV, internet, out for dinner every Friday evening, western food for dinner, Thai food for lunch, running a pickup, living with wife and five dogs. Four bedroom house, 1.1 rai of land bought when the baht was in the toilet. Just the occasional extra expense, such as car insurance.

Why the hell should I need to keep 800,000 laying stagnant in a bank. I wouldn't need to do that in my native UK. Why should I need, by law, to do it here? Thais are not required to keep 800,000 in the bank, only foreigners. Why? We all live in the same country. It's no more logical than the 90-day exit rule. Just a rule for a rules sake, with no practical purpose. Some people might, for whatever reason, need to keep 800,000 to safeguard their lifestyle, but one size does not fit all.

Well said who in there right mind wants leave 800,000 in a Thai bank for 5 months of the year and not able to touch it and then 400,000 for 7 months of the year and hopefully not die during that period 

11 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

After coming back from France in October, I went to Pathum Thani immigration, a desk officer told me if I still have my old tm30 then I don’t need to report again even if I was coming back From overseas. I just n deed to wait for my 90 days report.

Correct also at Jomtien immigration. 

A return to the same address does not require the person to report that he has returned to that address. 

Suppose the TM6 takes care of the incoming people, and the rest are just accepted as being in Thailand, presumably at the reported TM30 address.

13 hours ago, ChasingTheSun said:

If you cant afford to put 800K baht into a bank account, and let it sit there forever, you should never EVER consider living outside your home country.

Stay home please!

Why? Just because you have that money to throw away and never be used, doesn't mean everyone does. Some people still actually work for a living and make decent wages or decent pensions but are not rich enough to leave so much in a bank. Personally, my Thai family bills exceed 60k monthly. Luckily and would be reduced greatly if I didn't have to keep that money in the bank always. 

Your snobbish attitude is the kind of people we need to be saying.. Stay home please!!! 

12 hours ago, Formaleins said:

Every office has their own interpretation on every single rule in the book and every single schill officer has their own interpretation on top of that depending upon which side of the bed they got out of or how much power they feel like wielding that particular day. Makes me sick having to deal with these creatures.

100% on the nail........Sick to death of playing childish games with petulant children....

17 hours ago, ChasingTheSun said:

Stay home please!

Thats all well and good till the 800k disappears as has happened to a friend of mine....GONE!!! 

20 minutes ago, pattayadgw said:

Thats all well and good till the 800k disappears as has happened to a friend of mine....GONE!!! 

What is it about TV posters and all of their " friends"? all having bad luck lol wether its getting assulted, interegated and thrown into a cell by IO's, ripped off etc

just one of the reasons Im not a friend of any TV poster...I could be next ! 5555555

18 hours ago, ChasingTheSun said:

Stay home please!

Could I afford? Yes. But my retirement funds are invested and returning dividends I had planned and are now using to supplement my retirement budget. Not a good fiscal decision to park those funds in a Thai bank.

14 hours ago, ChasingTheSun said:

800k baht in the bank account is for a retirement visa.

if someone Is a 50+ retiree without a suitable pension income, and they complain that they cant afford to have a measly 800K baht held in their bank account for the purpose of securing a retirement visa, then they have NO business trying to retire in said foreign country.

In fact, if the person is a westerner, the person is probably a huge failure in life, and they are also a big financial risk to the foreign country that they want to scrape-by(reside) in.

Yes, to hell with all those working middle class Aussies, Kiwis, Canadians, Yanks, and Europeans (of various discript) who came to a lower cost country because they are out priced in their own country. Force them back to spend their government pensions in their own countries (I believe there is evidence of Australia and England keeping pressure on in this reasoning).

12 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I believe, reading his following response to this post that we may deduce, having used terms such as "entitlement" and "wanting free stuff" his thinking aligns nicely with far too many of my own countrymen who support the stance of current Trump type  supporters.

Archived