No change in TM30, TM28 reporting, says Phuket Immigration

rooster59

On 1/5/2020 at 12:49 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

I can live very comfortably here for 15,000 a month. Aircon, IPTV, internet, out for dinner every Friday evening, western food for dinner, Thai food for lunch, running a pickup, living with wife and five dogs. Four bedroom house, 1.1 rai of land bought when the baht was in the toilet. Just the occasional extra expense, such as car insurance.

Why the hell should I need to keep 800,000 laying stagnant in a bank. I wouldn't need to do that in my native UK. Why should I need, by law, to do it here? Thais are not required to keep 800,000 in the bank, only foreigners. Why? We all live in the same country. It's no more logical than the 90-day exit rule. Just a rule for a rules sake, with no practical purpose. Some people might, for whatever reason, need to keep 800,000 to safeguard their lifestyle, but one size does not fit all.

You do realise that you are in THAILAND, I'm sure, not wherever you came from.

If they want us to sing Bye Bye Blackbird while juggling 3 fresh eggs to obtain an extension it's their right.

Farangs are just visiting, unless gain PR.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If they want us to sing Bye Bye Blackbird while juggling 3 fresh eggs to obtain an extension it's their right.

Yes, and that is exactly why so many are talking of leaving a place they are not welcome. I know several people who have got out or are not visiting any longer. It's a very big world out there where foreigners are welcome and even in some countries they are allowed as residents to take part in local politics.

There might be small signs though that Thailand is realising it might be better for the economy to welcome rather than repel 'aliens', as the government like to call us. We might be at a crossroads. They will turn the screw tighter (health insurance policy) or loosen up a bit and pull back on treating aliens as criminals (TM30, 90-day reporting as if on probation).

Seems to me that anyone not using the money in the bank method and leaving it there, is in for a rough ride.

I’ve just extended my visa at Korat using the 12 monthly transfers into the bank. They didn’t even have international transfer assignations against them. I simply brought in my fx transfer slips,but I realize other offices can be much less cooperative.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seems to me that anyone not using the money in the bank method and leaving it there, is in for a rough ride.

People from the UK,US and Australia will have a hard(er) time because of the non-existing income letter. For the rest of the world, it's same as before. But,I agree,the money in the bank method is quite smooth. 

1 hour ago, nchuckle said:

I’ve just extended my visa at Korat using the 12 monthly transfers into the bank. They didn’t even have international transfer assignations against them. I simply brought in my fx transfer slips,but I realize other offices can be much less cooperative.

Several immigration offices have started to learn about international transfers and how they show up in the bank book at different banks. Depending on what bank you're using, the bank statements also shows the transfers as foreign. 

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Yes, and that is exactly why so many are talking of leaving a place they are not welcome. I know several people who have got out or are not visiting any longer. It's a very big world out there where foreigners are welcome and even in some countries they are allowed as residents to take part in local politics.

There might be small signs though that Thailand is realising it might be better for the economy to welcome rather than repel 'aliens', as the government like to call us. We might be at a crossroads. They will turn the screw tighter (health insurance policy) or loosen up a bit and pull back on treating aliens as criminals (TM30, 90-day reporting as if on probation).

It's only the officials that don't want, IMO, farangs living in LOS. Once done with immigration office insanity, it was LOS as it always was for me, except ruined too many beaches.

It's only the officials that don't want, IMO, farangs living in LOS. Once done with immigration office insanity, it was LOS as it always was for me, except ruined too many beaches.

The problem is that it is those officials who make the rules. I agree that the people are fine. The uniforms are not. I enjoy my life here, except being wary every time I'm out and about on the roads. The only cloud is wondering what the uniforms might do next to make life more difficult for us alien life-forms.

8 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Question: Are you the Bangkok Barry that posts on Stickmans. There was another Bangkok Barry Peterson that passed away in March 2019 ( an army guy)

11 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That is the most refreshing response I've read in a long time.

And what's more if the authorities request that you jump - as a visitor to the Kingdom you politely ask "yes sir, how high"

12 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

They will not loosen up on the titty twisting foreigner screw. Why would they? Compassion? I think they enjoy making us bark like dogs. 

On 1/4/2020 at 8:06 PM, stevenl said:

Tourists are really not affected by this. And also for expats it is not as difficult as you make it out to be.

This is the problem- 7 pages of guff by people who have no connection to Phuket and don't realise how user-friendly Immigration in Hkt town has become over the past couple of years ( relocation of the retirement permits and the drive-thru being just two improvements) but feel the need to comment on a clearly marked PHUKET thread.

So far I see:

Pathum Thani

Unknowns but clearly not in PHUKET and affected by this

Phichit

Bangkok

Sakhon Nakhon

Khon Kaen

Jomtien

Phetchaburi

Khun Hahn

and my favorite: a Sofa ????

Edit- missed Korat.

We even have a thread drift about Australia.

This thread could do with a complete cull of irrelevant comments.

On 1/4/2020 at 11:42 AM, NCC1701A said:

Confusion will be my epitaph
As I crawl a cracked and broken path
If we make it we can all sit back and laugh
But I fear tomorrow I'll be crying
Yes I fear tomorrow I'll be crying
Yes I fear tomorrow I'll be crying

Epitaph by King Crimson from the album 21 Century Schizoid Man.  What a great song, still got the original vinyl copy.

7 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

They will not loosen up on the titty twisting foreigner screw. Why would they? Compassion? I think they enjoy making us bark like dogs. 

Why do you think you are not welcome ?? Every country have reporting requirements. France, Italy, China, Indonesia  come to mind immediately (by personal experience). You check into a hotel or rent an apartment  there and you are immediately asked for your passport. No big deal. You live in a foreign country - the authorities need to happy you have sufficient means to live there without the danger of being homeless. reliant on welfare and destitute. So what's new.

5 hours ago, Melbun said:

Why do you think you are not welcome ?? Every country have reporting requirements. France, Italy, China, Indonesia  come to mind immediately (by personal experience). You check into a hotel or rent an apartment  there and you are immediately asked for your passport. No big deal. You live in a foreign country - the authorities need to happy you have sufficient means to live there without the danger of being homeless. reliant on welfare and destitute. So what's new.

Come on. Be Real! How long have you been coming and staying here?

I have seen the changes going nearly 3 decades. It went from open smiley face come on in to Thaskin putting down some Xenophobic stricter rules to now as a full out we are almost not even welcome. I guess you think the instating the insurance rule policy is ok? Oh but you cannot buy or use anything outside of approved Thai policies for where their money grab isn't as it is not allowed. And please don't tell me foreigner handouts for welfare as it doesn't even to Thai. As for becoming homeless, there are way tooo many foreigners who have a family and a home but not a substantial bank account, but who can support themselves and whomever with them through the Social Security or the retirement they have. In most cases what you said for being able to survive and support yourself is a farce as this is a low budget country to live in, but I do agree there are ones who come and should not be here. The answer is?

Well I for one do not like being tracked or having to report my whereabouts. Is too much like what China is doin and this has just escalated to being repulsive silly nowadays. Perhaps on the books during the communist insurgency way way back when, but has zero value in the present day. so I will say again: Come on be Real! And I for one have money and a house and cars and a family and and and… I still resent their intrusion and silly upping the ante hoops for us to jump through.

On 1/6/2020 at 7:24 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

"It's a very big world out there where foreigners are welcome and even in some countries they are allowed as residents to take part in local politics." 

Please,tell me where a foreigner with let's say a 1 year visa can take part in local politics? Do you think that's possible in any country close to Thailand as an alternative when leaving? 

17 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

"It's a very big world out there where foreigners are welcome and even in some countries they are allowed as residents to take part in local politics." 

Please,tell me where a foreigner with let's say a 1 year visa can take part in local politics? Do you think that's possible in any country close to Thailand as an alternative when leaving? 

My sister from the UK was resident in Spain, and as such could vote in local elections there. I don't know about Asia. I very much doubt anywhere would allow it. The whole region is very much more insular and resistant to foreign 'advice' - maybe because of former colonialism.

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

My sister from the UK was resident in Spain, and as such could vote in local elections there. I don't know about Asia. I very much doubt anywhere would allow it. The whole region is very much more insular and resistant to foreign 'advice' - maybe because of former colonialism.

Spain is a part of EU so is UK (so far). Don't compare an EU country with Asian countries. I don't think Spain is the first alternative that comes in mind when leaving Thailand because of the TM30 report. Do you? 

6 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Come on. Be Real! How long have you been coming and staying here?

I have seen the changes going nearly 3 decades. It went from open smiley face come on in to Thaskin putting down some Xenophobic stricter rules to now as a full out we are almost not even welcome. I guess you think the instating the insurance rule policy is ok? Oh but you cannot buy or use anything outside of approved Thai policies for where their money grab isn't as it is not allowed. And please don't tell me foreigner handouts for welfare as it doesn't even to Thai. As for becoming homeless, there are way tooo many foreigners who have a family and a home but not a substantial bank account, but who can support themselves and whomever with them through the Social Security or the retirement they have. In most cases what you said for being able to survive and support yourself is a farce as this is a low budget country to live in, but I do agree there are ones who come and should not be here. The answer is?

Well I for one do not like being tracked or having to report my whereabouts. Is too much like what China is doin and this has just escalated to being repulsive silly nowadays. Perhaps on the books during the communist insurgency way way back when, but has zero value in the present day. so I will say again: Come on be Real! And I for one have money and a house and cars and a family and and and… I still resent their intrusion and silly upping the ante hoops for us to jump through.

Well I understand you, BUT nothing is static and indeed it can be reasonably expected that change is inevitable. They have their reasons for implementing the rules. Understandable you don't like being tracked - I don't either. Do you use a credit / debit card ?? yes ? your are being tracked. Unless you pay cash for everything - someone is spying on you. Now some idiot will respond and call me paranoid. QUOTE: "As for becoming homeless, there are way tooo many foreigners who have a family and a home but not a substantial bank account" Answer : they are teetering on the precipice alas.

1 hour ago, Melbun said:

Well I understand you, BUT nothing is static and indeed it can be reasonably expected that change is inevitable. They have their reasons for implementing the rules. Understandable you don't like being tracked - I don't either. Do you use a credit / debit card ?? yes ? your are being tracked. Unless you pay cash for everything - someone is spying on you. Now some idiot will respond and call me paranoid. QUOTE: "As for becoming homeless, there are way tooo many foreigners who have a family and a home but not a substantial bank account" Answer : they are teetering on the precipice alas.

That was a very cordial reply. Thank you. 

The change is not based on realistic virtues but seemingly based on xenophobia and thus spoils into ill-treatment of their they will say guests. I only feel the warmth from the Thai people. They, the you know who are even not fair like most receptive countries are for their people as they do not make it easy for family folk to get a PR or citizenship as is only open to having the criteria you must work and then pay the big money and wait for the que which is very limited. And this is racist or the correct word sexist because in actuality women can get this very easy if married to a Thai man. Thai man own the foreign woman so he can find it easier to make his property his. On most cases for the older folk with homes and families, I think that they are ok as they have pensions and or social security coming in. Don't have to spend much to live comfortable here. 

I actually pay cash for most things not leaving a trail. So ofcourse they can know a little bit but not my whole program. Anyway, it is good and it is bad with always knowing we are always just a step away from being tossed out from our lives and family here. And they don't care. Thai people do, but them, no way.

5 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Spain is a part of EU so is UK (so far). Don't compare an EU country with Asian countries. I don't think Spain is the first alternative that comes in mind when leaving Thailand because of the TM30 report. Do you? 

ASEAN? Which, of course, is a joke. But yes, Spain would most certainly be my first choice. Very cheap and good quality food, far superior to Thailand, similar climate but cooler in winter, beer in the supermarkets a quarter of the price in Thailand and wine so cheap they have a Songkran-style festival where they throw it over each other instead of ice-cold water. More variety in the shops, better service in shops and restaurants. If I didn't have family in Thailand I'd be off like a shot.

And why shouldn't I compare an EU country with Asian?

On 1/4/2020 at 11:39 PM, ChasingTheSun said:

&00k thai baht = Only USD $26,000

please explain how USD$26000 would ever generate enough income to meaningfully supplement a rational retirement budget?

... added to the savings in cost of living outweighs this one-time amount by far.  

15 minutes ago, pattayadgw said:

All well and good but what are these new forms if you want to extend a 30 day arrival visa for 30 more days?? just introduced and making many tourists very unhappy??? 

They are not new forms, for tourists staying in a hotel, nothing has changed.

1 hour ago, pattayadgw said:

All well and good but what are these new forms if you want to extend a 30 day arrival visa for 30 more days?? just introduced and making many tourists very unhappy??? 

Always been - Application for Extension of Temporary Stay in The Kingdom (TM.7)

Not new

Archived