Who will win today, Liverpool or Everton?

WineOh

Its matchday and im feeling like a kid at christmas. I still love the FA cup, regardless of the current devaluation of it.

SHould be a good game tonight and a tight one with ancelotti now managing the toffees. I cant see us putting a full first team out so it could go either way, but im going liverpool to win 3-2

what u guys reckon?

35 minutes ago, champers said:

Looking forward to it too, as a neutral. I want to see plenty of goals, some meaty tackles and ensuing scuffles. Will Everton get more tickets because it is an FA Cup tie? I hope so.

I think everton will play well today. If we put out or 2nd team there is every chance they will come away with the win. Ancelotti will see this as his chance to make a big statement of his intentions at everton.

No matter what anyone says we should be playing a strong team today. The FA cup is still the biggest domestic cup in the world and should garner the respect it deserves!

Sick of all these pundits on SKY devaluing it all the time.

1 hour ago, champers said:

Looking forward to it too, as a neutral. I want to see plenty of goals, some meaty tackles and ensuing scuffles. Will Everton get more tickets because it is an FA Cup tie? I hope so.

Think the trickies get about 8,000 tickets mate.....Expect the meaty tackles but not looking forward to them as we have enough injuries already!

1 hour ago, Liverpoolfan said:

I think everton will play well today. If we put out or 2nd team there is every chance they will come away with the win. Ancelotti will see this as his chance to make a big statement of his intentions at everton.

No matter what anyone says we should be playing a strong team today. The FA cup is still the biggest domestic cup in the world and should garner the respect it deserves!

Sick of all these pundits on SKY devaluing it all the time.

We have only 12 senior outfield players fit (and most of them have played 90 mins in every game over the Xmas period). Additionally, JK will no doubt get advice from the medical staff as to the senior players condition and I expect some will be recommended to rest. I think a lot of the kids (and maybe Adrian) will therefore be involved.

Protecting the players long term fitness and prioritising PL and Champs League comes before the FA Cup I'm afraid. Looking at the make up of PL teams playing last night, it is pretty clear that the fixture congestion at this time of year has already devalued the FA Cup unfortunately. Get an easy draw and you can get away with it but we never seem to be that lucky. Difficult decisions to be made today by JK in what is a no-win situation.????

16 minutes ago, wilai said:

Protecting the players long term fitness and prioritising PL and Champs League comes before the FA Cup I'm afraid.

I know mate, thats why I think he will go with his B team tonight. It's sad but true, as much as I love the cup it just aint top of the list of priorities anymore for the big clubs.

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

I really couldn't care for this Cup.

How can you not care for the FA Cup?

It's right up there for me (though i get the earlier argument for prioritising).

Loads of great FA cup memories, going right back to being a wee kid running to buy sweets just before kickoff to eat during the final, etc.

Watched Rochdale vs Newcastle last night and thoroughly loved the David vs Goliath romance of the cup.

Love it!

Here is the team

Adrian, N Williams, Gomez, Phillips, Milner, Chirivella, Lallana, Elliott, Minamino, Jones, Origi

Subs: Kelleher, Mane, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Brewster, Hoever, Larouci.

Trickies are at full strength.....not surprising as it is their biggest game of the season!

12 minutes ago, wilai said:

Here is the team

Adrian, N Williams, Gomez, Phillips, Milner, Chirivella, Lallana, Elliott, Minamino, Jones, Origi

Subs: Kelleher, Mane, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Brewster, Hoever, Larouci.

Cant wait to see Takumi in action tonight!

Good match report.

Gutless. Spineless. Witless. Hapless. Choose your adjective. Everton’s long-suffering fans have witnessed some pathetic performances at Anfield in recent years but this one, against a Liverpool team featuring nine changes and stuffed with inexperienced kids, takes the biscuit.

https://www.toffeeweb.com/season/19-20/comment/reports/39039.html

20 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah, wouldn't want ACL injuries or the likes to any of your important players in a worthless cup ????

Yeah yeah, now 11 senior outfield players fit to start...luckily VAR plays for Liverpool. 

2 minutes ago, champers said:

The Ancellotti effect didn't take long to wear off. Coutinho like winner. Enjoyed watching Bolton lad Nat Phillips; he kept Calvert-Lewin quiet.

Yep, once he settled he did a great job against an in-form striker. Gomez drifted out to the left quite a lot and he was left to deal with DCL's physicality and also Richarlison's tricks/pace on occasions. Not sure he'll stay at LFC as we've a couple of highly rated kids 3/4 years younger than him but he'll do a good job for someone. Sacrificing his Winter hols in Germany has paid off for him.

On 1/5/2020 at 5:26 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

How can you not care for the FA Cup?

It's right up there for me (though i get the earlier argument for prioritising).

Loads of great FA cup memories, going right back to being a wee kid running to buy sweets just before kickoff to eat during the final, etc.

Watched Rochdale vs Newcastle last night and thoroughly loved the David vs Goliath romance of the cup.

Love it!

Yeah I agree re. memories and it held such huge value growing up, but I feel it has been devalued. It feels more like the league cup did a few years back and is on a similar path. I would like to see it like it was in the 80's & 90's again. 

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

Yeah I agree re. memories and it held such huge value growing up, but I feel it has been devalued. It feels more like the league cup did a few years back and is on a similar path. I would like to see it like it was in the 80's & 90's again. 

Breakfast with the players, it's  a knockout, etc ????

Archived