BMA to open Walking Street on Rang Nam Road

rooster59

BMA to open Walking Street on Rang Nam Road

Praphorn Praphornkul

a0d08215a0dc9541ed23a9fb093bbc41_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The "Walking Street" campaign, aimed at stimulating the economy and promoting tourism, will expand to Rang Nam Road, a popular tourist destination near the Victory Monument in Bangkok, with the concept of "Hotel Quality Food at Street Food Prices".

Officials from the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) and the Ratchathewi District Office inspected the 660-meter Rang Nam Road, linking Phaya Thai Road and the Ratchaprarop intersection. The area will be closed to traffic on the third weekend of each month, from noon to 10 p.m. The campaign will run from February 15 to May this year, and the government will evaluate the outcome before considering its extension.

The Walking Street on Rang Nam Road will feature more than 400 popular products in Bangkok. Dining and relaxation areas along with a stage for concerts and other performances are expected to be erected in nearby Santiphap Park.

nnd.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2020-01-05

I, personally, don't think this idea of planned, controlled, sanitised, walking streets will take off; the real thing tends to be cheap, cheerful, organic (as in arising in an unstructured way), exciting, and chaotic, I'm thinking of the old Khao San, and other streets with a similar reputation.

Just now, nausea said:

I, personally, don't think this idea of planned, controlled, sanitised, walking streets will take off; the real thing tends to be cheap, cheerful, organic (as in arising in an unstructured way), exciting, and chaotic, I'm thinking of the old Khao San, and other streets with a similar reputation.

but they sold dodgy stuff and thats  what made it  more  appealing...sanitise it and its  just any other street

3 minutes ago, nausea said:

You're right. If somebody tried creating another Woodstock, it would probably fail.

Woodstock was partially successful because of the spontaneous nature of it. Same same for bygone street events.

4 minutes ago, neeray said:

You're right. If somebody tried creating another Woodstock, it would probably fail.

Woodstock was partially successful because of the spontaneous nature of it. Same same for bygone street events.

its  like the fake  floating market that used to be close to Hua  Hin inland ......................iN A  FIELD, now  closed  down

Bangkok for Bangkok people.  BMA let them alone.  There are 8-9 million of them year round trying to get by and often hoping no-one comes along to 'help' them.

Tourists have many places to go to already, but even these have been made worse by the attentions of BMA.  If you have spare time on your hands BMA stop the scams, supply seating, rubbish bins and public toilets.

Archived