BANGKOK
JimmyJ

Chiang Mai Immigration Q & A - Info and reports. (2020)

i changed from retired to marriage a few years ago because would not accept stat/ dec from oz embassy 

was told this year could go back to retirement /only to change banks money goes in 

on marriage never asked for divorce paper only copy marriage cert /also only 2 photos one inside one outside showing number on house /no photo in bedroom as some say/ cheers

On 6/16/2020 at 1:48 PM, EricTh said:

Did he check whether you had 800k for 3 months and 400k after that?

Sorry been busy and only just gone back to TV forum...

I was using the 65,000 monthly income method, so I had to have book copies and bank letters.

On 6/19/2020 at 6:43 PM, warcy said:

I noticed there was an Indian guy with a heavy Indian accent outside helping foreigners. Who is he?

He appears to be a helper to guide you through the renewal process. He picked me up when I went for my retirement extension and I must say that he was a great help with my visit. 👍👍👍

Just an update - residency certificates (seem to be flavour of the month and farang seem to need one to do anything official these days).

A lot of people used to use Tian visa service. This is still in the building opposite immigration but has changed it's name to the Colonel company and still offers all of the same services. It opens at 8am. However for The Residence certificate, it is not worth using them anymore. Immigration require Passport copy inc. latest 90 day and TM30 plus your landing card - Signed copies of all. They also want a signed copy of your condo contract (or house book). They will tell you this service is no longer free you pay 500 baht for each certificate you want and collect them the next morning. If you pay 1000 baht you get it the same afternoon. I handed in 2 photographs and paid 1000 baht to get my 2 residency certificates tomorrow morning. You can also nominate someone to collect for you as long as they have the slip you are issued ( or a picture of it on their phone sent by you). I was in and out in about 5 minutes quick easy and straight forward. I was also told that these certs are valid for one month at all Government agencies from the date of issue.

From my own dealings , with the Colonel, visa agency, Residency Certicates were,  never ever for free.🙄

Always a fee charged😀

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, deej said:

From my own dealings , with the Colonel, visa agency, Residency Certicates were,  never ever for free.🙄

Always a fee charged😀

Tian aka Colonel seems to be a backdoor company to some of the officers earning extra income.

It's really sad that Big Joke is no longer the head and we are back to the old days ..... 

Edited by EricTh

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, ScouseTommy said:

A lot of people used to use Tian visa service. This is still in the building opposite immigration but has changed it's name to the Colonel company and still offers all of the same services. It opens at 8am. However for The Residence certificate, it is not worth using them anymore. Immigration require Passport copy inc. latest 90 day and TM30 plus your landing card - Signed copies of all. They also want a signed copy of your condo contract (or house book). They will tell you this service is no longer free you pay 500 baht for each certificate you want and collect them the next morning.

It is still free for those long term (at least one year) visas but not for tourist visas if you can wait for 20 days.

You were given misleading information by that new girl. I am just wondering whether she is in cahoot with certain people. It should be free for tourist visa holders too like in the past. There's no official document that say otherwise.

Edited by EricTh

I changed my extension from retirement to marriage and was given the 30 day under consideration last week. A few days later I was surprised to receive a phone call from Imm. asking me to bring my wife and a witness to Imm. which I did the next day. By doing so I was informed that a home visit was not necessary. Has this happened to others because I was under the impression that CM. Imm made home visits? While there Imm. took pictures of us at their desk as well as in the hallway in front of the large Imm. poster. My 30 day under consideration says I must report to Imm. on the 24th can I go sooner than this date or wait until the 24th?