Chiang Mai Immigration Q & A - Info and reports. (2020)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do not go to a visa agent. Go to the nearest immigration office. Do not leave it until the last possible day. Bring 1,900 baht, a passport photo, your passport, a photocopy of the personal detai

Personally, I don't give a flying flamingo about who any older expat male chooses to keep company.  And it doesn't bother me to see expat men with Thai women decades younger them then.  I've been happ

Mark Twain once said "Don't argue with stupid people.  First, they will bring you down to their level and then they will beat you with experience."  End of discussion.

Posted Images

On 8/17/2020 at 1:28 PM, FredLee said:

my current extension was set to expire on 08 Sep. My new extension is until 26 Sep 2021. I was told by her that the extra days were because of the covid extensions.

My current retirement extension is set to expire on 12 Sep....

..... and thus I renewed my retirement extension today, using my 3000bt agent, who'd submitted the paperwork to Imm yesterday. Thus, we waltzed into Imm, headed to the right, thru a door to a "Staff Only" office. Surprisingly, there were more folks with their agents waiting here than out front, where only about 10% of the first row of seats were taken (this 1:30PM Wed). Nevertheless, five minutes later, I was called, had my photo taken, then had my newly stamped passport handed to me. Never ever reviewed any paperwork, nor signed anything there -- this having been handled the day before in the agent's office.

Now, unlike FredLee, who apparently has a Non Imm O visa from which his extensions emanate -- my original visa is OA, thus I needed to get the LMG insurance policy. The policy's dates are: Begin 12 Sep 2020, expire 12 Sep 2021. Since policies begin at 1600, this allows full coverage of my new extension period of 13 Sep 2020 thru 12 Sep 2021.

But, again unlike FredLee, my extension was dependent on the insurance dates, thus it begins 13 Sep, not 26 Sep; and from other threads, 26 Sep seems to be the starting date for many and most extension renewals taking place in Aug and Sep -- unless something like insurance coverage precludes it, e.g., my situation.

So, next year I can go to renew on 30 July -- 45 days before expiration -- thanks to the onerous requirement for Thai insurance. For FredLee, and many others with 26 Sep 2021 expiration dates, thanx to the amnesty, there just may be a mass queue beginning 14 Aug, i.e., 45 days ahead of expiration date. Just a slight serendipity for me, having to purchase that crummy insurance.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Extension of Stay - Retirement

Arrived IMM at 1330hrs, appointment 1400hrs, went inside around 1340hrs, gave the guy the documents, after checking, told to sit down and wait for passports, out around 1420hrs

• Like 1

Additonal information:-

We had printed out all the forms (filled in on the computer) in pdf and signed each one in blue ink

Submitted a photo, blue background

Signed all documents in blue ink prior to going to IMM

Supplied bank standard letter and statement updated today 21/09/20

• Like 1
1 hour ago, HullyGully said:

Extension of Stay - Retirement

Arrived IMM at 1330hrs, appointment 1400hr

Many thks for your report.

You say u had a appointment at 1400 HR,

How did u do this,may i ask? 

13 hours ago, HullyGully said:

Below is the link for the Appointment Form

https://cmimm.net/send-contact/

You can make an appointment 45 days from your expiry date

You fill out the form send it to IMM, they get back to you by email, I guess if the time and date does not suit you, then you reply asking for a new date and time

I had made an appointment for retirement ext. and was given  Monday morning, but having been to the bank for letters Friday decided to try my luck. Arrived 2.45 , out 3.15 , quickest in 15 years !

FYI had applied for apt. in August, 45 days before my expiry on 28/9, but was given an apt. 7 days before due to expire.  

Edited by cnxnicho
update

That was the same as me, My Extn expiry date is 28/09/20

I applied for an appointment 45 days before, given an appointment 7 days before expiry date 21/09/20

• Like 1
20 hours ago, HullyGully said:

That was the same as me

I applied for an appointment 45 days before, given an appointment 7 days before expiry date 21/09/20

Many thks for your kind help, when the appointment form is submitted,how long did u wait for date, and appiontment time ?