Chiang Mai Immigration Q & A - Info and reports. (2020)

JimmyJ

59 minutes ago, Raindancer said:

According to immigration just now, this is only for existing online users.  So the video from that Phuket lawyer is ambiguous to say the least.

So are we required to obtain a new TM30 paper receipt from the new database, or is the old paper receipt still acceptable for extensions etc?

The alleged queue at the TM30 office suggests that they want a new printout.

10 minutes ago, NotEinstein said:

So are we required to obtain a new TM30 paper receipt from the new database, or is the old paper receipt still acceptable for extensions etc?

The alleged queue at the TM30 office suggests that they want a new printout.

You are only assuming that the queue suggests a new printout. 

I was there yesterday and did not see any such queues for TM 30.

Why not phone immigration and ask the question? 

053 -201755-6

As the article stated "existing online registrations" need to be re registered.  That has nothing to do with those who did not register on line and obtained their TM  30 by hand.

Edited by Raindancer
Added Tel Number

5 minutes ago, Raindancer said:

You are only assuming that the queue suggests a new printout. 

I was there yesterday and did not see any such queues for TM 30.

Why not phone immigration and ask the question? 

053 -201755-6

As the article stated "existing online registrations" need to be re registered.  That has nothing to do with those who did not register on line and obtained their TM  30 by hand.

OK, but many of us did register online and have re-registered.

A friend went to CM Imm. yesterday specifically to preempt needing a new receipt for his extension renewal (he registered online) and gave up because of the queue he saw. He asked the information desk but didn't get an answer either way.

1 minute ago, NotEinstein said:

OK, but many of us did register online and have re-registered.

A friend went to CM Imm. yesterday specifically to preempt needing a new receipt for his extension renewal (he registered online) and gave up because of the queue he saw. He asked the information desk but didn't get an answer either way.

According to my neighbour  he re registered and received his updated TM 30 by email.

I will bow out of this conversation as online registration does not affect my manually obtained one.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a reminder for some people:

Done a visa conversion, visa free entry to Non O, you must have two copies of everything, that is:

Passport photo page

Last entry stamp

Yellow "tabian Ban"  Book or rental agreement etc

Letter from the bank

Bank statement (if money is new to the country)

Completed form TM87 (And photo, forgot mine!)

TM30

Arrived about 2pm, left around 4pm. Under consideration to return exactly 21 days later in the afternoon.

Marriage extension today. Previously reception accepted paperwork when having an appointment, but now they insist that the paperwork is check outside first, which means queuing up with those trying to get an inside queue number, or, as we did, poke the paperwork at the officer that was luckily not doing anything. This year they wanted 2 sets of 2 photos outside and 2 photos inside the house - luckily I had 2 pages printed of last year's photos with us. Once accepted inside it took the advertised 20 minutes.

15 hours ago, NotEinstein said:

Marriage extension today. Previously reception accepted paperwork when having an appointment, but now they insist that the paperwork is check outside first, which means queuing up with those trying to get an inside queue number, or, as we did, poke the paperwork at the officer that was luckily not doing anything. This year they wanted 2 sets of 2 photos outside and 2 photos inside the house - luckily I had 2 pages printed of last year's photos with us. Once accepted inside it took the advertised 20 minutes.

So, any issues with your TM 30 as we discussed in an earlier post?

5 hours ago, Raindancer said:

So, any issues with your TM 30 as we discussed in an earlier post?

No TM30 issues, probably because we had an online account and, as they requested in September, I made a new account and registered myself on it, along with the German volunteers staying in our residence, so over-riding my return from overseas at the end of August. Some are having issues and getting fined though >

4 hours ago, NotEinstein said:

No TM30 issues, probably because we had an online account and, as they requested in September, I made a new account and registered myself on it, along with the German volunteers staying in our residence, so over-riding my return from overseas at the end of August. Some are having issues and getting fined though >

I would imagine they are being fined for not reporting after a trip abroad.  Despite police order 2.2 stating no need.  Just doesn't make sense.

Can't see why else people would be fined.  

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, roo860 said:

Is it a blue background photo for a 1yr extension at Chiang Mai immigration, used up my last one last year.

I remember having some of those a few years back as I remember that may have been a rule then; however, I don't believe it is any more (I've done a couple extensions and couple re-entry permits here in CM in the last 13 months and photos I provided just had a white background and there were no questions/issues).

13 minutes ago, CMBob said:

I remember having some of those a few years back as I remember that may have been a rule then; however, I don't believe it is any more (I've done a couple extensions and couple re-entry permits here in CM in the last 13 months and photos I provided just had a white background and there were no questions/issues).

Cheers Bob!

• 1 month later...
On 12/18/2023 at 12:43 PM, CMBob said:

Hi Bob ..... the last post i see on Retirement extension requirements is from last April.   I am about to do my umpteenth extension , but never sure if there are any "recent" changes .   Would you be good enough to put up a current list ?

(letter from bank, photo and form,  tm30, adress ( i use yellow book) , copies of passport ( i do all pages ) , tm7 90 day, ... am i leaving out anything ?    TIA    Rumak

1 hour ago, rumak said:

(letter from bank, photo and form,  tm30, adress ( i use yellow book) , copies of passport ( i do all pages ) , tm7 90 day, ... am i leaving out anything ?    TIA    Rumak

Looks like your list is fairly complete and would only note:

(1) For bank stuff, you need the standard bank letter (one that simply recites what account you own and what the balance is as of that date) AND the one-year statement (at SCB you can get both at the same time although I keep reading that you have to order something 5-7 days ahead at Bangkok Bank).  I remain puzzled as to whether CM requires one to show a bank transaction the same day as your bank letter date but I do it (add 100 baht or so) as I've read several posts where other immigration offices have required same. Make sure the amount on your bank letter and one-year deal state the exact same amount.  I always get the bank stuff the day before application and that's been fine (although I've read that one can do that up to 5 or so days ahead here in CM).

(2) For passport copies, all I used to need was a photocopy of the photo/info page, the current extension, and the page showing the last entry date; however, this time (Dec 2022), they also required a photocopy of one's latest Non-O (in my case, that meant a copy of the transfer stamps in my new passport as that shows the latest Non-O info).

I tend to take the kitchen sink with me as I never know what they might ask for.  For example, about 4 years ago, the lady immigration officer demanded a photocopy of every filled-out page of my passport (including stamps from other countries) and she seemed to make that request with the hope I'd go away (however, after politely questioning her as to why same was required - given she was the same officer I used the prior year and didn't need it then - it seemed to disappoint her when I reached into my folder and produced the copies she requested).

Remember, neatly print your telephone number below your signature on the TM7 and sign everything in blue ink.

48 minutes ago, CMBob said:

Looks like your list is fairly complete and would only note:

(1) For bank stuff, you need the standard bank letter (one that simply recites what account you own and what the balance is as of that date) AND the one-year statement (at SCB you can get both at the same time although I keep reading that you have to order something 5-7 days ahead at Bangkok Bank).  I remain puzzled as to whether CM requires one to show a bank transaction the same day as your bank letter date but I do it (add 100 baht or so) as I've read several posts where other immigration offices have required same. Make sure the amount on your bank letter and one-year deal state the exact same amount.  I always get the bank stuff the day before application and that's been fine (although I've read that one can do that up to 5 or so days ahead here in CM).

(2) For passport copies, all I used to need was a photocopy of the photo/info page, the current extension, and the page showing the last entry date; however, this time (Dec 2022), they also required a photocopy of one's latest Non-O (in my case, that meant a copy of the transfer stamps in my new passport as that shows the latest Non-O info).

I tend to take the kitchen sink with me as I never know what they might ask for.  For example, about 4 years ago, the lady immigration officer demanded a photocopy of every filled-out page of my passport (including stamps from other countries) and she seemed to make that request with the hope I'd go away (however, after politely questioning her as to why same was required - given she was the same officer I used the prior year and didn't need it then - it seemed to disappoint her when I reached into my folder and produced the copies she requested).

Remember, neatly print your telephone number below your signature on the TM7 and sign everything in blue ink.

i follow pretty much the same procedure .  i keep a one year term acct every year so i don't ever need any additional info, just  the letter and update the balance at that time. (bring copies of all pages of passbook , not many since i do not make withdrawels) .  They want to see them, but give them back to me.  Same with copy of yellow tabien bahn.  ( and i bring the kitchen sink in a seperate folder ) .  I have a new passport, so only a few pages to copy..... with the transfer stamps and current extension.      

Thanks for the input ...... we are getting to be real "oldtimers"  , lol ,  but i do still manage to get it together for the "big event"  every year.   The online appt is a blessing  .

Here's one for fun.
I presented the one year statement from Bangkok bank. It showed 12 transactions marked
"foreign T/T".  I had to go back and get at letter from Bangkok bank stating that the 

items marked foreign transfer were, uh, foreign transfers. 

Years ago the bank official added a handwritten note stating the FTT items in my book were foreign transfers.
He said "immigration knows this but they will pretend they don't".

On 1/24/2024 at 10:34 AM, amexpat said:

Here's one for fun.
I presented the one year statement from Bangkok bank. It showed 12 transactions marked
"foreign T/T".  I had to go back and get at letter from Bangkok bank stating that the 

items marked foreign transfer were, uh, foreign transfers. 

Years ago the bank official added a handwritten note stating the FTT items in my book were foreign transfers.
He said "immigration knows this but they will pretend they don't".

What bank office? The chotana office puts some writings on my statement 

• 1 month later...