Chiang Mai Immigration Q & A - Info and reports. (2020)

3 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

Next day after you went to immigration as described or next day after waiting 8 days for cor?

Good question.

Poorly written PS I realize.

I went back 8 days later, received the CoR, went to the bank the next day.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do not go to a visa agent. Go to the nearest immigration office. Do not leave it until the last possible day. Bring 1,900 baht, a passport photo, your passport, a photocopy of the personal detai

Personally, I don't give a flying flamingo about who any older expat male chooses to keep company.  And it doesn't bother me to see expat men with Thai women decades younger them then.  I've been happ

Mark Twain once said "Don't argue with stupid people.  First, they will bring you down to their level and then they will beat you with experience."  End of discussion.

Posted Images

Did anyone successfully extend their visa via the combo method recently?

I wonder how it works considering the complexity of the 5+7 months method...

Edited by EricTh

Today I went to Chiang Mai immigration to do my reentry permit.

What I found was the situation was quite chaotic compared to last time I went there in November where it was a breeze. The differences are

There was a long queue just to get to the front information counter and it snaked from outside the building. The entrance was essentially almost blocked and it was difficult for anyone just to get in and out the building. It took me around 20 mins just to reach the counter.

When I reached the counter, I saw one Thai visa agent with over ten or more Chinese passports and she spoke Thai with the immig. officer.

I saw one Chinese?? guy who didn't wear any mask and coughed at me. Hopefully....

Outside the building, I saw a specialized area specifically for Chinese tourists. I counted around 50 or more people sitting outside going into another small building.

I think Chiang Mai immigration should seriously consider opening up another branch at Promenada. 

Edited by EricTh
27 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Today I went to Chiang Mai immigration to do my reentry permit.

What I found was the situation was quite chaotic compared to last time I went there in November where it was a breeze

One can have their Re-Entry Permit  done at the Airport within  minutes 

The desk is directly  to  your left  of the luggage clearance.  and before you pass Customs .

9 hours ago, deej said:

The desk is directly  to  your left  of the luggage clearance.  and before you pass Customs .

Never heard of that location.

To my knowledge, the only place one can get a re-entry permit at the CM airport (International side only) is just after the final security clearance on the 2nd floor but before you go through the exit Immigration booths.  It is on the left and clearly marked.  Only ticketed passengers checking in and departing from the International side can avail themselves of this service.

I don't believe they do photos there so you need to take one with you (as for paperwork, I'm not sure what they will provide as I always have the filled-out TM8 and required copies with me). As per the usual routine, you can get a single re-entry permit (1000 baht) or a multiple re-entry permit (3,800 baht).

• Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, chingmai331 said:

If my one year non-o visa extension expires on 1 march, how many days prior to that date can i re-apply?

thnx, but plz no guesses or maybes.  

Presuming you have a one-year extension, you can apply for your next annual extension in CM 45 days prior to your expiration date.  In your case, you could have applied as early as the 17th of last month.

Edited by CMBob
21 hours ago, deej said:

Try again after researching the meaning of Customs.

• Sad 1
37 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

Try again after researching the meaning of Customs.

My post was only trying to give a heads up to members who are having problems with the slow service presently at Cmai Immgr Dept.

Very kindly CMBob gave a better account of my post to members who may take my heads up in the near future

Be so nice of you .not to be so sarcastic and post helpful information  instead of the above 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, deej said:

My post was only trying to give a heads up to members who are having problems with the slow service presently at Cmai Immgr Dept.

Very kindly CMBob gave a better account of my post to members who may take my heads up in the near future

Be so nice of you .not to be so sarcastic and post helpful information  instead of the above 

Must be the Wuhan virus

• Haha 1

Went there yesterday to do TM30 for new tenants around 9am- in and out in 5 minutes.

On the other hand the queues at the main entrance were absolutely chaotic, queuing to get a ticket to get a ticket perhaps?

Looked very much like the bad old days.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Went there yesterday to do TM30 for new tenants around 9am- in and out in 5 minutes.

On the other hand the queues at the main entrance were absolutely chaotic, queuing to get a ticket to get a ticket perhaps?

By any chance, are you able to make an educated guess on the nationalities?

Edited by Gweiloman
13 minutes ago, Thailand said:

TM30 is on the third floor so that's another queue which is short.

It is the ground floor that is chaotic with long queue at the main entrance. Yes, queuing to make sure you have the right documents before you get your queue number.

In my opinion, documents should be done at the respective counters so that the main entrance queue can be short. At least people can sit waiting rather than stand waiting.

I was bumped many times by rude people going in and out of the main entrance.

Edited by EricTh