Chiang Mai Immigration Q & A - Info and reports. (2020)

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do not go to a visa agent. Go to the nearest immigration office. Do not leave it until the last possible day. Bring 1,900 baht, a passport photo, your passport, a photocopy of the personal detai

Personally, I don't give a flying flamingo about who any older expat male chooses to keep company.  And it doesn't bother me to see expat men with Thai women decades younger them then.  I've been happ

Mark Twain once said "Don't argue with stupid people.  First, they will bring you down to their level and then they will beat you with experience."  End of discussion.

Posted Images

My o-a expire April 10. I have insurance to start on April 10 exactly . I am using the monthly income method so I plan to get the bank guarantee letter and the 12 months statement. I have monthly FTT since feb 2019 so I could go into chiang mai immigration As early as feb 25 ( Chiang mai allow 45 days in the past) but I am writing on this forum for advise due to this new insurance requirement. Any thoughts the best time to go in to apply ? Thanks 

5 hours ago, chuang said:

The farang is not taken advantage of...it;s a contractual agreement...to each his own...stop whining and fuming if people want to use an visa agent for one reason or other, so be it...grow up..

Contractual agreement to pay 6000 baht for something you can do yourself?  Obviously you're another one who helps feed into this system by agreeing to pay an agent an exorbitant fee on an annual basis making it look like it's the normal way to operate.

Because of people like you, others are not able to show up at normal business hours and get their visas processed in a reasonable amount of time.  You sound like the one who is whining and fuming.  My guess is you're not that happy about paying the agent fee and you're trying to defend it when you can not.

Anyway, I found a solution to the problem.  I moved and my annual extension now takes between 10 and 20 minutes to do.  No problems with immigration, pollution or the other negatives of CM.  But for people such as yourself, please stay where you are at as I'm sure your life is wonderful and just couldn't be better, once YOU grow up that is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
1 hour ago, jimgilly said:

Contractual agreement to pay 6000 baht for something you can do yourself?  Obviously you're another one who helps feed into this system by agreeing to pay an agent an exorbitant fee on an annual basis making it look like it's the normal way to operate.

Because of people like you, others are not able to show up at normal business hours and get their visas processed in a reasonable amount of time.  You sound like the one who is whining and fuming.  My guess is you're not that happy about paying the agent fee and you're trying to defend it when you can not.

Anyway, I found a solution to the problem.  I moved and my annual extension now takes between 10 and 20 minutes to do.  No problems with immigration, pollution or the other negatives of CM.  But for people such as yourself, please stay where you are at as I'm sure your life is wonderful and just couldn't be better, once YOU grow up that is.

Very sadly . 

You have a morbid sense of 

humour.

• Like 1

I can not find a thread to my question so I will ask here. A person can marry at any Amphur but do the witnesses have to reside in the Amphur that you register the marriage?

2 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

There is one overriding reason why immigration personnel love legitimate agents.

Hmm, could there maybe be another reason? 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

There is one overriding reason why immigration personnel love legitimate agents.

Indeed. The reason is inside of the the brown envelopes!

• Like 1
On 2/7/2020 at 1:22 AM, Bobluckynova said:

I recently went to CM immigration to extend my retirement visa based on the 800k in the bank.  I was told by the first agent that I needed one year of statement from the bank. 

I suspect that there are some overzealous officer who make up their own rules. Why do we need 12 months bank statement when doing the 800k deposit? 

We only need 2 months before the appl date if this is your first time. Next year might be different bcos they need to check the 3 months after approval .

Edited by EricTh