BANGKOK
JimmyJ

Chiang Mai Immigration Q & A - Info and reports. (2020)

Will I still able to update my current TM30 by myself at CM Imm when I return from Vietnam in early March? I do have a Yellow Book & the last couple of times I have returned to Thailand from other countries, it has never been a problem.

Thanks for any forthcoming advice.

5 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Rumours abound that from 1st March the 90 day reporting and TM30 reporting are moving back to Promenada; somebody said they heard this from an IO.   Anyone know if this has been or can be confirmed ?

This is good news, I think? We won’t have the crowds like now. 

17 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Rumours abound that from 1st March the 90 day reporting and TM30 reporting are moving back to Promenada; somebody said they heard this from an IO.   Anyone know if this has been or can be confirmed ?

Confirmed by the notice that they will be providing transport from the airport office to and back from Prominada for these two services.  AC BMWs less than 2 years old with drivers will be available.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Pesky said:

Will I still able to update my current TM30 by myself at CM Imm when I return from Vietnam in early March? I do have a Yellow Book & the last couple of times I have returned to Thailand from other countries, it has never been a problem.

Yes (absent some possible change as noted above).  Just go up to the third floor, they'll hand you a queue number, and you'll likely be taken care of in less than 5 minutes.  Best to go after 1PM as less people around then.  All you need is your passport with your new TM6 (departure card) and TM30 Receipt of Notification (on which they'll place a new date stamp or print you out new one if the one you have is raggedy or full).

Thanks Bob.

That is what I have done on previous occasions. Looks like I'll be going to Promenada in future.

16 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

This is good news, I think? We won’t have the crowds like now. 

TM 30 reporting is done on the 3rd floor so does not create crowding downstairs.90 day reporting can be done online in the comfort of your home or by mail at your nearest PO.In fact there is a school of thought that these 2 methods should be compulsory and that would help eliminate this current chaos of queuing.So simple to do

• Like 1

Sure 90 days is so easy on line, relax and within a few hours approved, as long as your info. is correct !  also TM 30 online or via the app.  , so only a visit 1 time a year for an extension and if you think about it and not go early morning, perhaps mid afternoon, never a problem.   Too many complaints here, just think and relax, really 1 time a year is a problem.  Never used an Agent and never will !

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Sparkles said:

TM 30 reporting is done on the 3rd floor so does not create crowding downstairs.90 day reporting can be done online in the comfort of your home or by mail at your nearest PO.In fact there is a school of thought that these 2 methods should be compulsory and that would help eliminate this current chaos of queuing.So simple to do

Yes, and also TM30 reporting can be done on-line in the comfort of your home.

I compiled a comprehensive step-by-step instruction detailing how to register on the IO TM30 website and subsequently file your TM30s on-line.

It's easy (if you know how to do it) and will take less than 2 minutes once you are registered and filed the very first one (which will take max 1 hour), so PM me if you'd like to receive a copy.

• Like 1