Powertrippin' immigration Cops at DMK

Mr Dome

5 hours ago, Chazar said:

Really so when I enter the fasttrack lane at the Airport why is there a  sign for Monks  to also use this lane for free...............normal procedure  eh

For free? Monks are provided that option in order to alleviate the discomfort many experience when crowded into close proximity to a Monk. Especially women. The procedure at the desk in  Fast Lane differs ?

With the increasing number of visitors from India, the IO's will need to develop a more flexible attitude to queueing styles.  Ducking under zig zag barriers when there's nobody else there will be the least of their problems.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, yogi100 said:

They do not wan't us here, that's obvious by the increasingly aggressive attitude and surliness of IOs in Thailand's airports. 

That's just a ridiculous assertion; millions of visitors arrive here every year and are stamped in with no issues!

16 hours ago, yogi100 said:

A pal of mine was given the same treatment by an angry loud mouthed female IO for no reason. She tried repeatedly to get him to admit he was working in the LOS. 

What was the reason for him giving her suspicion that he may have been here to work?  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Mr Dome said:

So, there you have it. Don't duck under the stretch tape even in a completely empty section.

Most people wouldn't even consider doing that, the system is there for a reason. 

As you were not the only passengers heading for Immigration, perhaps their concern was that hundreds of others would follow your example (as the two behind you did) with chaos ensuing?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Mr Dome said:

The other two were in their 20's, I'm in my 50's, long sleeves & pants, no tats, look like a nerd ...

...and ducking under several tapes designed to keep order when walking through them (like everyone else does) would have taken you a few seconds.

Some posters should be ashamed of themselves, using degrading slurs to refer to certain IOs as "toms", "lesbians", "angry, loud-mouthed female", "rude, ignorant pigs", having "short hair", "high testosterone" or "PMT" with no justification to do so.   There's even a rule about it here!    

Attitudes such as those do show and can be picked up by IOs, good luck to them if they see it and treat you with the contempt that you deserve.  They don't have an easy job and clowns deliberately messing around with the IB's system or insulting them won't be looked at kindly.

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, jackdd said:

Just some of the posts where she was mentioned, there are many more:

This does arouse suspicion in me as to the authenticity of the OP.

Seems to have many contentious points planted to generate appropriate outraged

replies!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, yogi100 said:

They do not wan't us here, that's obvious by the increasingly aggressive attitude and surliness of IOs in Thailand's airports. 

A pal of mine was given the same treatment by an angry loud mouthed female IO for no reason. She tried repeatedly to get him to admit he was working in the LOS. 

She let him in eventually but it shook him up. People wanna relax on holiday not have to keep worrying when they are going to be the target of some rude, jumped up petty official. But it's at the discretion of these people and their word is final. You can do nothing about it.

They can pick on anyone any time. I don't even know if they'll even let me in next time and I have an O Visa that runs out just after my next trip. 

It will make many folk think twice about forking out thousands of Pound, Dollars or Euros on fights and hotels if they don't feel welcome let alone if they don't even let you leave the airport. Little wonder tourism is down.

You are just another paranoid complaining poster. Follow the rules at the airport, especially at immigration, and there's no problem what so ever. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

You are just another paranoid complaining poster. Follow the rules at the airport, especially at immigration, and there's no problem what so ever. 

Try and make an informative post or one of interest yourself instead of whinging and whining at those of us that do.

I do follow the rules at the airport! What on earth makes you think I don't?

So does the friend I referred to. How would a failure to follow rules result in my pal being accused of working! Tell me that.

Read my post again then get back to us and inform me what rules we did not follow.

16 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Why?  I was asking you, you brought it up.

By the way, if you're going to quote my posts in your comments, please stick to the rules and don't alter them, I did not post that in "bold".

No you brought it up by asking what gave her the suspicion he was working.

I was not there, I never met the woman and if I did I'm not a mind reader, I wouldn't even know enough Thai to ask her.

And in what way did I 'alter' your post. I highlighted it for the sake of referral. How is that against any 'rules'.

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Yes, wearing uniforms seems to give Thais a power ego, especially if they can make a noise, whether by blowing a whistle, or shouting their mouths of like a Yorkshireman.

Yes, wearing uniforms seems to give Thais a power ego,

Are you sure this only applies to Thais? Very sure? Are you positive?

Or is it just to take the opportunity to bash the Thais at the 1st available opportunity?

Does not look super nice, IMHO

10 minutes ago, ravip said:

Yes, wearing uniforms seems to give Thais a power ego,

Are you sure this only applies to Thais? Very sure? Are you positive?

Or is it just to take the opportunity to bash the Thais at the 1st available opportunity?

Does not look super nice, IMHO

Do something questionable at an airport in the US, and see what happens,or having an attitude talking to an immigration officer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shy coconut said:

You might have a problem with US immigration if you have them a bunch of

Dollars covered in some white powder after taking a short cut to their booth.

You think! You will be lucky to make your flight.

19 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Singaporean IOs and the Arab countries that I've visited are generally the opposite. Smiling and courteous !! 

Strange but true ????

Vietnam and Hong Kong are also very business like but polite and helpful.

Am just thinking that perhaps the zig zag line is part of their video screening of arriving pax. If you bypass this "walk" (or shuffle) then you're evading full scrutiny ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, legend49 said:

And the Thais who rely on tourism wonder why tourists are not coming here any more.

But they are, millions of them.

If TV said the moon was made of green cheese....................

• Haha 1