2020: Crackdown on tourists working without work permits - 50K fines and deportation awaits

3 hours ago, Sticky Wicket said:

They don't want any English teachers really, it's just a facade

teachers for the Chinese language on the other hand

• Like 2
  • Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a happy digital professional, working remotely from TH for a few months every year*, I say: come get me!   It really would be a fun experience, something to write about in a few years, pl

Dont get caught cleaning your windows

I'm amazed that this would be a big deal, as i wouldn't suspect too many foreigners on tourist visa's working in Thailand .....  maybe a few but certainly not a hundred or even 30 .....   ? 

Posted Images

Just now, shadowofacloud said:

And being deported would be part of the fun - 

i take it you have never spoken to an inmate at the immigration lock up?

• Like 2

Be warned all you farangs sitting with the wife, at the market, while she is selling her 40 THB bananas.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, wombat said:

i take it you have never spoken to an inmate at the immigration lock up?

I've read the reports, seen photos. Def not a pleasant experience, but an interesting one. But then, I've been living a pretty adventurous life so far. For a 9-5 couch potato, it would most likely be a shocking ordeal.

Plus my embassy would be involved and I'd be lawyered up to the teeth before you could say somtam, so I guess it would quickly burn down to the most common denominator - cash.

Edited by shadowofacloud
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
5 hours ago, Beggar said:

There are many. Some don't get paid and think this is no problem then. But it is not important if you get money or not. It is important that you do something that could be classified as work. 

Film industry springs to mind.

4 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Of course its totally normal to do this, do you think all these models that go to fashion weeks, music videos etc get a work permit in every country they visit? lol no, normally no one gives a <deleted> and no country cares. Same for DJs and co.

Do you think a DJ from the US gets a work permit for a dj gig on ibiza, london and co - nah only the big ones, it's a pain in the ass and really no one gives a damn if they have one or not. they fly from one country to another every day in a plane, logistically impossible to get work permits everywhere.

Models and DJs absolutely do usually get work visas to walk in shows and play internationally. 

I've never gone through the process... but I've been told that entertainment visas in Thailand aren't particularly hard to secure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, steven100 said:

I'm amazed that this would be a big deal, as i wouldn't suspect too many foreigners on tourist visa's working in Thailand .....  maybe a few but certainly not a hundred or even 30 .....   ? 

Clearly everyone knows that tourists working in Thailand are on an education visa 🙂

5 hours ago, mariohh1 said:

maybe out in the sticks but here on koh phangan are at least 100

What jobs are they all doing??

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

You'd be surprised. 

As a backpacker I was offered many jobs, TV commercials, Film extra etc

1 minute ago, fruitman said:

Believe it or not but there are many Thai who are also sick and tired of the way things go here, no improvements, nepotism, scamming, corruption, low quality of life, traffic jams and so on.....They go to Japan or Europe whenever they have the chance!

I know. I've met a few educated, young Thais, who both understand what the establishment is doing to their society and who can critically look at the shortcomings of their country. But they, unfortunately, are a very, very small minority - and usually working abroad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1