Car crash into wall: Elder sister dead after Norwegian pensioner takes her and his wife out to lunch

webfact

4 hours ago, legend49 said:

The car had gone into the wall of a property owned by 95 year old Jian Wattana. 

What is this media obsession with listing peoples ages? Is it to pad out the article to make it look longer and get paid more baht?

Dear Legend,

Why do you put 49 after your name...is that your age?

Rooster

10 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:
4 hours ago, legend49 said:

The car had gone into the wall of a property owned by 95 year old Jian Wattana. 

What is this media obsession with listing peoples ages? Is it to pad out the article to make it look longer and get paid more baht?

Dear Legend,

Why do you put 49 after your name...is that your age?

Rooster

Perhaps it's notches on his bedpost?

4 hours ago, mickymouse1 said:
9 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I'm not trying to be clever here, but how can that happen apart from incorrectly putting on the seat belt?

Well, no one knows exactly what happened etc. Just L.I.A & say RIP

Well, if everyone took your advise this would be remembrance thread of only ‘RIP’ comments. 

While it is sad that this incident happened and the consequences tragic, this is still a discussion forum where discussion on such events will naturally take place - hopefully such discussion can remain polite while at the same time discussion such matters and perhaps even provide some insight and help to the rest of us to avoid such incidents in the future. 

One such point I’d like to make: We took our maid in the car a few years back, she didn’t know how to wear the seatbelt and managed to ’tangle’ herself up in it before we’d pulled away. 

I never know putting on a seatbelt could be complicated for some, one of things this episode taught me was never to underestimate the innocent ignorance of those around who’ve lacked the same opportunities I’ve had. 

Archived