UK election result 'blew away' argument for second Brexit vote: Labour's Starmer

webfact

32 minutes ago, evadgib said:

The only 'we' that really matter frankly couldn't care less & I cannot see that changing in the foreseeable future. The 'someone else's fault' brigade were well and truly neutered on 13th Dec. Any that are left (oops, I nearly said Remain!) are welcome to tuck in...

image.jpeg.b9139c5881d2bb220e2e385edfbc9af9.jpeg

Thanks. And just in case don't forget to keep some of those pies.

11 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am from the EU and believe me, after all that headache, many of us won't miss you.

I am pretty sure Brexit will be bad for the UK. The question is when it will get bad enough that the Brexiters realize that they didn't do themselves a favor.

Let's wait until 2021 after the transition period is over. Or will Boris change his mind and extend it? And lets look how fast the UK will make all those beautiful deals with all those countries around the word with which they currently still have trade agreements through the EU.

Maybe that will all work out fine and the UK will prosper. But maybe not. Let's see.

Enjoy the ride!

Why are you so concerned about the uk?we had a vote and it was to leave, "many of us won,t miss you"the feelings mutual.things not going too well in the los? There you go,perhaps you should consider crossing the uk off your list for when you have to leave.

5 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Currency is not the big issue that unionists like to claim it is.

Almost everyone in Scotland realises that initially would would carry on using the pound. With or without a currency union.

After that it will be up to the people of Scotland whether they want that to continue, launch our own currency or adopt the Euro as we see fit.

Every other country which has left the Empire faced the same issue and every other country got through it no problem.

Unless you know of some unique reason why Scotland could not do the same? 

If Scotland voted to leave the UK, I don't think it would be up to the people in Scotland whether they want to keep using the GBP. I believe that decision would be for the UK government to make. 

I'd like to think the UK would be reasonable and allow an independent Scotland to keep using GBP, at least for a transition period. But during that period you would have the UK dictating fiscal policy, so it would be a currency union. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jayboy said:

Away with the fairies.Scotland will have a huge debt on separation.At present Scotland is running a deficit of 7% GDP - that's about £ 13 billion.Figures can be argued about but the reality is that financial terms will have to be negotiated.For bears of little brain this means that London will have to be satisfied with the deal.

Did Ireland take any of the UK's debt when it left?

Australia?

New Zealand?

Canada?

The United States?

Did any of the countries which left the empire take on any of the debt?

• Haha 1

I can assure you the currency issue is a matter of major concern among financially literate SNP supporters, of which I can see you are not one.

We can see who is financially literate. Its not you.

This was done to death in the last referendum and yet you still come on here spouting the same nonsense.  

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Away with the fairies.Scotland will have a huge debt on separation.At present Scotland is running a deficit of 7% GDP - that's about £ 13 billion.Figures can be argued about but the reality is that financial terms will have to be negotiated.For bears of little brain this means that London will have to be satisfied with the deal.

Scotland has no deficit or debt.

Scotland is apportioned such things by creative bean counters in Whitehall in order to satisfy their political masters.

London (by which I suspect you mean Westminster) will have little choice.

For bears with little brains have a look at what happened to other countries which left the Empire.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

If Scotland voted to leave the UK, I don't think it would be up to the people in Scotland whether they want to keep using the GBP. I believe that decision would be for the UK government to make. 

I'd like to think the UK would be reasonable and allow an independent Scotland to keep using GBP, at least for a transition period. But during that period you would have the UK dictating fiscal policy, so it would be a currency union. 

Oh dear god. Its a fiat currency. Go google it.

11 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Oh dear god. Its a fiat currency. Go google it.

You're talking about Scotland using the pound without a formal currency deal? That doesn't strike me as 'independence', and I'm pretty sure the EU would frown upon that. 

5 hours ago, englishoak said:

Ridiculously :offtopic: 

Why is it every thread about Brexit hijacked by the usual few plastic Jocks whining about a referendum they lost... I am sick to the back teeth with the whining tbh, face it guys if Scotland or its future really were so important to you, youd not be living somewhere else...

Ive come to the conclusion the only thing more enjoyable than telling remainers i told you so is reminding Scots they clearly dont want their own independence, just a sugar daddy. UK or EU tit apparently it makes little difference which Scotland is sucking off. 

Back on topic ive tickets to the Brexit celebration on Jan 31 in parliament SQ, its gonna be a great day in London and im going to make sure the taxi on the way in is our local Scots independence whining driver just to have some fun and get the day off to a great start.   :402: 

You are whining about people whining?

Enjoy your rally.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Loiner said:

Tell me about it. Why can’t they stick to their own Mel Gibson “Frreeeedom”  topics. 

These posters had their own referendum and lost that one too. I think they’re just trolling because they have nothing useful to add to Brexit discussion. As one of our realistic Unionists from north of the border would describe them: Subsidy junkies. Do they think they would get bigger handouts from Brussels than London?

Wouldnt want to be a burden.

Perhaps its best if we just go our separate ways.

• Like 2