BANGKOK
webfact

UK election result 'blew away' argument for second Brexit vote: Labour's Starmer

5 minutes ago, TheDark said:

I don't get it. What is the reasoning for Englishmen not to allow Scotts to decide what they want for their future?

Why Englishmen would even want to keep on going with dysfunctional union, when it's clear that now when UK is leaving EU, Scots want to exit the union with England? 

EU was naturally sad that important part of it wanted to leave, when UK first independently decided to to have a referendum and then decided to Brexit. However EU was ok with the situation.

Why Englishmen wish to force Scotland to stay as part of the union by not letting Scotland to decide her own fate by a referendum. A referendum is valid now when the environment has radically changed for Scotland. 

If she loves you, let her free. If she comes back, she is yours. If not, she never was.

I think you are making an incorrect comparison there. Yes, the EU is ok with the UK leaving, because the UK voted in a referendum to leave. The UK had two chances: once in 1975 and once in 2016. Two referendums more than 40 years apart. 

Scotland voted to remain part of the UK in their first referendum in 2014, with a 55/45 majority. So what is the basis of your argument that Englishmen are forcing Scotland to stay in the union? 

Perhaps you're thinking that the SNP are Scotland? The SNP are a political party who's central policy is for Scottish independence. They are the only Scottish representatives in Westminster, so naturally they give the impression to the outside world that all Scots want independence. Maybe this is why you are mistaken? 

Personally I think if polling for independence in Scotland is consistently in favour of independence over say the next...5 years, then they should get another referendum. I don't think there is justification for another referendum in 2020, just because the SNP want it. 

19 minutes ago, TheDark said:

I don't get it. What is the reasoning for Englishmen not to allow Scotts to decide what they want for their future?

Why Englishmen would even want to keep on going with dysfunctional union, when it's clear that now when UK is leaving EU, Scots want to exit the union with England? 

EU was naturally sad that important part of it wanted to leave, when UK first independently decided to to have a referendum and then decided to Brexit. However EU was ok with the situation.

Why Englishmen wish to force Scotland to stay as part of the union by not letting Scotland to decide her own fate by a referendum. A referendum is valid now when the environment has radically changed for Scotland. 

If she loves you, let her free. If she comes back, she is yours. If not, she never was.

You don't actually speak for all Scots as the majority do not wish to exit the Union.

Just because Sturgeon has a big gob, and a a disproportionate number of parliamentary seats, does not make another referendum valid now. Had one, wait another 5 years or so.

Although I am fundamentally in favour of the Union I have to be careful not to be hypocritical. I was in favour of the UK having a referendum to leave/remain in the EU and I am generally in favour of citizens deciding their own fate. However, the Union is somewhat more deeply and historically defined than the EU that evolved badly over 40 years or so. Additionally, the Scottish people did have a vote in 2014 and that result holds good.

33 minutes ago, TheDark said:

When the Big Ben Bongs, UK is out. 

Big Ben represents quite well the whole Brexit process. To get changes done in England, takes years and a lot of money. Meanwhile, during the suspension of Big Ben's ability to inform people, the crows have nested and multiplied on top of the parliamentary structures. 

May the Big Ben Bong again.

It doesn't stop you waving your Union Flag down the Mall though does it on the night of the 31st of Jan, remember, be there or be square.

50 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I think you are making an incorrect comparison there. Yes, the EU is ok with the UK leaving, because the UK voted in a referendum to leave. The UK had two chances: once in 1975 and once in 2016. Two referendums more than 40 years apart. 

Scotland voted to remain part of the UK in their first referendum in 2014, with a 55/45 majority. So what is the basis of your argument that Englishmen are forcing Scotland to stay in the union? 

Perhaps you're thinking that the SNP are Scotland? The SNP are a political party who's central policy is for Scottish independence. They are the only Scottish representatives in Westminster, so naturally they give the impression to the outside world that all Scots want independence. Maybe this is why you are mistaken? 

Personally I think if polling for independence in Scotland is consistently in favour of independence over say the next...5 years, then they should get another referendum. I don't think there is justification for another referendum in 2020, just because the SNP want it. 

SNP is a political party of Scotland, which gained huge majority in last elections. People of Scotland wanted to show their support for the cause, quite like the people of England showed their support of their cause. 

As the reason for staying together with England has changed, it's time to have a new poll. The world moves on rather fast in the rest of the world, so can Scotland too, once it's independent. 

Scotland wishes to have her own say. Whether to stay with England and be it's subject, or become once again the nation it once was. 

You did not answer, why would Englishmen want to keep on going with dysfunctional union with the Scottish nation? Why not separate the United Kingdom in peace and get the whole process of dismantling UK, which is coming sooner or later, over with?