Phuket: Aussie denies shoplifting - but Phuket police say they have him banged to rights

webfact

On 1/6/2020 at 2:01 PM, legend49 said:

but Phuket police say they have him banged to rights

Can any TV reader explain this phrase???

He has the right to have roots . Probably why he came here .

51 minutes ago, Cereal said:

The guy looks dodgy as heck. What kind of lowlife scum walks around dressed like that?

If you followed the regular 'what I wear to immigration' and ' why I don't wear trousers' threads, you'd understand that's the dress standard of over half the forum posters.

And don't even consider the 'i don't own underwear' crew (another 10%)

On 1/6/2020 at 7:49 PM, brianthainess said:

As with small amounts of drugs, smoking a joint etc complete waste of time slap on wrist and a warning at most, like Thais with bad driving, what about a press conference for  jumping a red light ? THAT might actually work now i think about it, but.....

Years ago, I came to the realization that a lot of Asian news stories are parables, to warn others no to do the same.  Like a story in Bangkok about a husband being arrested for beating his wife.  Hardly newsworthy, but may give a bunch of husbands pause before the do it...

On 1/6/2020 at 11:38 AM, ezzra said:

Right, Top brass gather for a shoplifter, anyone who reads this and don't know much about Thailand will be excused to think that there are no crimes in this country and if the top brass is involved in a shoplifting case, Thailand must a country where the worst crimes are petty crimes... 

The top brass usually get involved when there is a possibility of milking the perpetrator and helping him avoid lengthy sentences and reporting to immigration etc. etc..

They have to recoup their investments. 

They call it greasing the squeaky wheel...

Reduced sentence, pay fine, non refundable bail to keep out of the monkey house, a generous offering behind closed doors to stop the immigration officers from getting involved...

19 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

And don't even consider the 'i don't own underwear' crew (another 10%)

Did you know that its illegal to go out in public without underwear in Thailand.!!

Mirrors on the toe cap of police shoes next... haha