Pattaya: Police speak out about sex on the beach: Don't post footage - it's damaging to Pattaya's image

webfact

Pattaya: Police speak out about sex on the beach: Don't post footage - it's damaging to Pattaya's image

8pm1.jpg

Picture: 

Police in Pattaya have warned the public not to post clips of people having sex on the beach online. 

They said this is damaging Pattaya's image and is unhelpful in the investigation. It may also be illegal to post like this. 

They advised if anyone sees illegal activity to call the police straight away.

The directives to the public came after a couple were filmed on the beach and the story was widely reported. 

On the Pattaya police page they issued a three point notice.

1. If you see illegal activity like sex on the beach tell the police immediately while they are still there.

2. Putting footage on the internet and telling the police about it later is not helpful. In addition it would damage the image of Pattaya and furthermore it could be illegal under computer crime legislation.

3. Clips can be sent to administrators for their own private viewing....not to others!!

Thaivisa notes that many Thai posters on the site mocked point number 3. 

Source: Pattayapoliceman

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-06

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, webfact said:

1. If you see illegal activity like sex on the beach tell the police immediately while they are still there.

Surely if the police are already there they don't need to be told. :coffee1: 

3 minutes ago, legend49 said:

Twitter and FB have many videos of Thais doing it in public places, is that on the list of Thai jobs that are protected from aliens?

I remember a hunt for a thai serial mastubator, who jumped out at the highway, doing his thinge...

I guess Thais are just as perverted as us all...

How they are able to keep a straight face while saying these things is just too funny.  The word "irony" must be missing from these gentlemen's vocabulary.  Reading this would have garnered no further attention had it not been for the four steps and the shame brought on the good name of Pattaya.   Had they had sex in the water, they could have gotten terribly ill.  The beach is safer.  

1 hour ago, BEngBKK said:

I remember once Thailand gave out vitamins to people because the population was getting smaller..

I guess they do not like farrangs to teach Thais how to do it in public...

Thai's do nothing in public. never seen Thai's dancing at a pub.

They just don't get it do they ?   Pattaya has been known as the sex Capital of the World by Brit's for the last 25 years.   Quite often this whole country is known as the Kingdom of Sex but they are worried about people 'damaging the image'.........the mind boggles !

7 minutes ago, JMSIII said:

Well.  Maybe, just maybe.  IF....the police were to start doing actual police work, say something like....doing patrols 24/7.  They might just prevent this sort of thing, or might even catch folks in the act...

WHAT ! I am aghast that you can say such a thing.

The police doing actual police work,AND doing patrols !!

The shock of such a statement and the actuality of such a thing will totally ruin the reputation of the organisation.

Please don’t suggest that they refuse brown envelopes, my god can you imagine the heart attacks that would befall them if that was enforced !!

555, 555

Archived