ADV 150 Honda - Anybody bought one/ridden one - review please

thequietman

The ADV has come down in price finally to 79000 baht, however, I have the Click 150i and am fairly happy with it.

I might upgrade if someone can justify the extra 20000 baht. Does anyone have one or have experience of driving one? As usual, the Honda dealership don't have one for a test drive! ????

Many thanks in advance for any input. ????

Edited by thequietman
  • Confused 1

adv 150 abs / rear disk / keyless has a list price of 97,900 baht....then on the road fees...

https://www.ridebuster.com/honda-adv-150-thai-debut/

and pattaya dealers reluctant to give discount as demind is out stripping supply....

prey tell us who is offering them for 79,000 b   ?

thts over 10k tha a pcx.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

I am looking at the Yamaha Aerox and wondering how it compares with the ADV and PCX?

image.png.5eb704bf549103a02fd3762c2aa0357e.png

Aerox is cramped especially if your'e tall. The ABS of the the ADV will deem the Aerox and PCX old-fashion. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I couldn't care if it hums a long or not. For me it's about getting around town and a step through is handy for shopping. I know you like loud exhausts and the like

You know nothing about me the scoot OP is interesting in has no step through that's for girls who go chopping. ????

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

flat floor is ok if you wear a dress, you can keep your knees together

you're another one who probably gets aroused by loud exhausts.

Step through is just more practical, it's not a macho thing

Edited by scubascuba3

Wow, a lot of strange comments.

I've a PCX - and coming from superbikes I'd say the biggest issue (once you get used to the 'no power' issue) is that the smaller wheels give a pretty nasty ride. It was definitely a shock that it gets 300km off a 180 baht fill up though... 

I'd say the PCX gives a better ride (less twitchy and more stable) than a Click - but the Click would do fine for local soi/canal trips... but you already said you're fairly happy with the Click. These are scooters, and 'fairly happy' I'd say is about as good as it gets.

The only 'upgrade' IMO would be to go for a bike, something like a CBR150 that gives you the proper wheels, but goes back to limiting shoes options and general friendliness. Definitely much better and safer to ride though...

The ADV is basically a PCX, but the tyres have gone from 110/80-14 and 130/70-13 to 110/80-14 and 120/70-14... so hardly a difference. I think the ADV is more of a style statement (more aggressive/stubby/blocky design than the sleeker PCX) already made by the Yamaha NMax - which would probably have been better value for money, though I never got chance to ride one.

On 1/7/2020 at 9:35 AM, alx123 said:

Aerox is cramped especially if your'e tall. The ABS of the the ADV will deem the Aerox and PCX old-fashion.

You don't think the Honda ADV would have the same ABS as the PCX?

The jury is still out on whether ABS is much use on a scooter - unless you're not comfortable riding... the only time ABS would have helped me was when I hit the back end of a Civic on my GSX-R about 15 years ago, that would have cost me 15k in damages if I'd been stupid enough to pay - so it certainly wouldn't have saved me money.

• Confused 4

On 1/8/2020 at 6:24 AM, JimmyTheMook said:

exact same engine as PCX and new 150i Click - ADV dumb bike and overpriced.

Big Jimmy has spoken, so it must be right, or maybe not .

Owned a 150 PCX and wife has Click 150 (and i now have ADV) - PCX better than a click 150, ADV150 much better than both on 'em ..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, piston broke said:

Big Jimmy has spoken, so it must be right, or maybe not .

Owned a 150 PCX and wife has Click 150 (and i now have ADV) - PCX better than a click 150, ADV150 much better than both on 'em ..

in what ways were the PCX better than Click 150 and ADV better still?

9 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

in what ways were the PCX better than Click 150 and ADV better still?

The click doesn't feel that substantial to me and isn't that good at speed - PCX is much better and ADV better still - Properperson's comment just about sums it up !

I went to the launch of the ADV 150 was all ready to buy one - ABS, slightly higher than a PCX, proper handlebars and a place to clamp a gps or phone, LED lights, adjustable screen, massive dealer network - what's not to like.  On the launch stage with a young lady in tight black leathers it looked good too.

But now I've seen a few on the road, it looks a lot like a Click 150, and I have to look closely to tell it apart.

Now thinking a Wave 125i may be better - as it has bigger wheels, motorbike design, brakes in the right place and they are super robust and reliable, plus almost half the price.   Just no ABS. ????

And on rough tracks or poor roads I think a Wave will be more capable?

• Like 1