BANGKOK
thequietman

ADV 150 Honda - Anybody bought one/ridden one - review please

On 1/12/2020 at 2:26 AM, guzzi850m2 said:

I had a sit on the ADV and I didn't like the sitting position at all compared to my old 1st gen Pcx150. Pcx more sofa like, or cruiser, relaxed.

Anyway I only uses my scooter for popping around Pattaya, going any further and I take my big bike.

The top box on the pcx can hold a box of beers so don't need the flat board either.

I had the pcx from new and it's been flawless so I might keep it for a while longer until I find a replacement I really like, but nothing on the market at the moment

everyone has different ideas and opinions about scooters / bikes.... That's what makes Forums like this so interesting...

The main reason for me plumping for an ADV was the suspension - it irons out bumps far better than any small scooter ...when you chuck in the rear disc and ABS, it was a surefire winner for me.....

As regards the riding position - The "dirt bike bars / riding position" was a big plus for me over the pcx "cruiser / sofa" position...

700km in - deffo no regrets .....

• Like 1

just so you know - the ADV150 list price has risen from 97,900 Baht to 102,000 Baht as from 1st January - due to gov't tax increases on bikes.....

Neighbour was quoted 105,000 baht out the door for a new one .....

I had an Aerox a few months back and had no issues with clearance. many people had pointed that I definitely would when I posted in those threads..

I am 191cm but not overweight so maybe that has something to do with it? (sliding forward with weight? idk) I might have hit my knee on the charger box once or twice but definitely not often.

I had interest in the ADV which is why I read this thread but .. maybe more interested  at the price point first listed, 105,000 baht seems quite a bit (for me)

at that price you can get a pretty good second hand 650cc big bike such as the ER6Ns or even something solid like those almost new Yamaha MT-03s

obviously it's a whole different style of bike but I can't seem to be able to make sense of paying over 100k for a scooter.. I think I paid 43k for a 2018 Aerox in proper shape at auctions last year, I sold it few months back for 57k

ex girlfriend had a PCX, it was nice bike I felt but I preferred my Aerox to it.

I personally had zero interest in NMAX or Forza or any of those bigger "boats"

to each their own I guess

• Like 2

4 hours ago, piston broke said:

just so you know - the ADV150 list price has risen from 97,900 Baht to 102,000 Baht as from 1st January - due to gov't tax increases on bikes.....

I don't think the excise tax changes should cause an over 4000thb increase. Without knowing the CO2 specs for the engine, I would say the tax increase should be 0.5% (2.5% -> 3%) so more like a 500THB increase. The other 3600 THB come from Honda. A lot of manufacturers probably think it's a good time to increase prices because people will blame the tax change.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 8:03 PM, eisfeld said:

I don't think the excise tax changes should cause an over 4000thb increase. Without knowing the CO2 specs for the engine, I would say the tax increase should be 0.5% (2.5% -> 3%) so more like a 500THB increase. The other 3600 THB come from Honda. A lot of manufacturers probably think it's a good time to increase prices because people will blame the tax change.

what you say makes sense - i had my ADV serviced at Mittyon yesterday (1,000km) and was chatting to the salesman who told me "price gone up" - now 105,000 out the door .....

not sure if the original price was a starter offer for a few weeks, or if they put the price up when the tax was icreased, but whatever - if you want one - 105,000 is now the number....

• Like 2

I was looking at this bike yesterday 98,000 on the road, the PCX is now 92,500 on the road.