What’s with the lousy air quality in Pattaya?

Guderian

On 1/7/2020 at 6:49 PM, Golden Triangle said:

I will do, I don't think Airvisual allows other monitors to connect to their network which is a bit short sighted as more monitors mean more accurate info, I think that they are being greedy. Perhaps someone can tell us differently.

If you buy from Airvisual you can connect to their network after approval, they require photographs of location and other criteria before they will publish your data.

19 minutes ago, CGW said:

If you buy from Airvisual you can connect to their network after approval, they require photographs of location and other criteria before they will publish your data.

Thanks for that info CGW, if that's the case I obviously won't bother, I'm not laying out the sort of cash they want for their model, I'll keep it for my own personal reference. ???? 

20 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Thanks for that info CGW, if that's the case I obviously won't bother, I'm not laying out the sort of cash they want for their model, I'll keep it for my own personal reference. ???? 

Airvisual charge top $ for their monitors, they are looking at selling them to business's that want to "advertise' on the site their green credentials as you can name the monitor with the company name and location! Good for the rest of us. Their "AQI satellite modelled data" is not so accurate where I am.

On 2/1/2020 at 12:58 PM, adammike said:

When do they stop burning? That's scary.

Probably when it rains, June or maybe August?

It was really bad yesterday, I had a walk down Jomtien Beach between Soi Wat Bun and Chaiyapruek and you couldn't see Bang Saray or the hills across the bay down there, just murk.

• Like 1

Just had delivery of the Samsung ax3330 air purifier paid around 8k in numchai a few weeks back and comes with one filter and one free which cost about 2.5k each and last for 6 months / 1 year. This model can do up to 40 sqm and I reckon our studio/kitchenette is around 30 sqm so it's over spec. Have to say it's brilliant with a lighting system red / amber / green and then blue when it's totally clean. The air feels fresh , mountain fresh and am waking up in the morning feeling wonderful. Also the charcoal filter quickly gets rid of cooking smells so it it double good in a studio where the missus does a fair amount of cooking .Looks great as well. Problem is it lies in strong contrast to the shiite air outside ......

3 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Normally I am very brown after a week. With the constant haze I'd say I look as if I've been here 2 days tops

Out by pool today not even sweating at all

If you stay out for a week in here you'll have a PM2.5 sand dune a feet high over you.

Just now, DrTuner said:

If you stay out for a week in here you'll have a PM2.5 sand dune a feet high over you.

Being honest I cant "smell" anything as regards the air just seems like a very constant heavy haze which we always got occasionally but not day after day as now

6 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Being honest I cant "smell" anything as regards the air just seems like a very constant heavy haze which we always got occasionally but not day after day as now

It's usually around 9-10 PM when you can smell the fresh fires. The farmers light them up in the night trying to be sneaky. The smoke and PM2.5 then lingers all day.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

It's usually around 9-10 PM when you can smell the fresh fires. The farmers light them up in the night trying to be sneaky. The smoke and PM2.5 then lingers all day.

I think we can firmly say that our Thailand honeymoon is long gone and we are into the divorce phase. How we sigh when we see the few newbies fresh in country falling for the 'old trollop' when we old geezers talk of virus, PM 2.5 and the price of 'fish'. Amazing Thailand my arris !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1