BANGKOK
Guderian

What’s with the lousy air quality in Pattaya?

12 minutes ago, URMySunshine said:

Terrible today , 160 - sore throat can't see Bang Saray from the condo for thick, clogging smoke. Numchai have oversold our purifier now got to wait till Tuesday.  I suspect stocks are running low nationwide,. This should be a national emergency. But it won't be.

same over our side of the gulf though we are reading higher than the following at my house - PM 2.5 110+

very sad, it stinks of stale smoke

Screenshot 2020-01-18 at 8.56.59 AM.png

Edited by GeorgeCross
  • Like 1

Can't see Koh Larn from Pattaya beach today. Sun not visible and pleasantly cool.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, champers said:

Can't see Koh Larn from Pattaya beach today. Sun not visible and pleasantly cool.

Yeah I've noticed the coolness - every cloud and stuff !

Its really bad this morning.  😩

Jomtien.

P_20200120_080114_HDR.thumb.jpg.338d32473883d55088dae29033c261b0.jpg

Pattaya bay

20200120_082305_921.jpg.184ca7d6ee9bdde53ab4e6e206f23189.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The reason   idiots  burning !!!!!P_20200120_080014_HDR.thumb.jpg.d3dda28e04f1eedca8ba08f9bf189eab.jpg

• Like 2

On 1/9/2020 at 2:43 PM, johng said:

Sadly ( most)  have no idea  and think its just normal !

Unfortunately it is normal.  At least it's better than most cities in China and India.

It is called the DNA (do nothing army). Nothing is being done to address the air quality issues. Less than zero. No progressive policy. Perhaps they should hire some Chinese consultants, to show them what can be done?

• Like 1

On the way to Swampy today saw quite a few fields burning  / have recently burnt. So I would guess a fair bit of the smoke is locally produced and therefore theoretically could be controlled. Off to Hat Yai to see what clean air looks like I'm starting to forget. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Unfortunately it is normal.  At least it's better than most cities in China and India.

To most of the high class Chinese and Indian tourists they will feel right at home in this world class tourist resort !

• Haha 1

The air quality's much better this afternoon, 66-74 AQI at the moment. You can see it in the blue colour of the sky, not to mention the fact that tall buildings aren't looking hazy any more.

Plus the sun is feeling REALLY hot this afternoon, since the poor air started the sun has been quite effectively shielded by the smog blanket. The good news is that the sun usually does feel really hot here in Pattaya, so decent air quality seems to be the normal situation, at least away from the busiest roads.

Now Bangkok is suffering, and after the last two weeks or so I have to say I am very sympathetic to their plight.

• Like 1

And the wind turned easterly, PM meter inside jumped to 100 and I barricaded the doors. It was a nice few days when we weren't being cold smoked by Thai and Cambodia field fires. 

Came into Swampy last night and saw at least 5 different fires burning on farmland coming in to land. If they can't control those near their international airport for all the world to see I don't see them doing anything elsewhere. They really are that useless weeks and months into the smog crisis. 

On 1/6/2020 at 10:12 PM, bkk6060 said:

Depends on why one is here.

The list just gets better.

This morning spent a great hour with a very cute 22 year old in my nice air conditioned condo.

I certainly am going no where been smiling all day.

The breakfast of champions?  We all have our priorities in life.  Some folk are just happy with breathing, to smile all day. ( I like a bit more than just breathing to keep me smiling, too.  And a bit of the other as well.)

Well the air quality last weekend was in the Green but has now moved from the Yellow - moderate, to a nasty Orange 137 AQI from Tara Pattana school which is literally just up the road from me.

My own meter arrives fairly soon so I will be able to monitor the situation more ably, not sure if I will be allowed to add it to the AirVisual app as it's not one of their $295.00 ones 🙂 

Edited by Golden Triangle
Spelling