BANGKOK
Thaivisa Web Content Team

Aliens exist and could already be on earth, first British astronaut says

The first British astronaut to go into space has claimed aliens exist and it is possible they are living among us on earth.

Speaking to the Observer Magazine, Dr Helen Sharman said "there's no two ways" that aliens exist.

"There are so many billions of stars out there in the universe that there must be all sorts of different forms of life," she added.

Dr Sharman said that although aliens may not be made up of carbon and nitrogen like humans, "it's possible they're here right now and we simply can't see them".

The 56-year-old worked as a chemist before making history as the first British astronaut to participate in a mission to the Soviet modular space station Mir in May 1991.

She also highlighted in the interview that she is often referred to as the first British woman in space, rather than simply the first Briton.

"It's telling that we would otherwise assume it was a man," she said.

"When Tim Peake went into space, some people simply forgot about me. A man going first would be the norm, so I'm thrilled that I got to upset that order."

Full article

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"It's telling that we would otherwise assume it was a man," she said

What's next....#metooastronaut?

Most probably that there are few female astronauts is due to physical ability, & wanting to do it.

But hey, let's introduce more supposed male bias.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Thaivisa Web Content Team said:

aliens exist and it is possible they are living among us on earth.

Here we call them Ladyboys.

Edited by DaRoadrunner
  • Haha 1

Trust a Brit to come up with something eccentric.

If I recall correctly, the USA refers to all non-Americans as aliens.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Thaivisa Web Content Team said:

The first British astronaut to go into space has claimed aliens exist and it is possible they are living among us on earth.

I guess he said this after a long time in the pub with plenty of beers. Many people say funny things then. 

Edited by CNXexpat

That aliens exist... it's sure

but that they already found Earth... very unlikely

(IMHO)

On 1/6/2020 at 7:49 AM, CNXexpat said:

I guess he said this after a long time in the pub with plenty of beers. Many people say funny things then. 

SHE SAID, AND THAT IS THE POINT SHE WAS MAKING .She was the first brit into space. 

she is engaging in fallacious reasoning.

1:  Stacking the argument.

2:  Asserting the truth.

Sure there are billions of stars, and evidence of many many planets, some apparently are appearing similar to earth as the latest group of space and ground based telescopes are indicating.  But that in itself is no guarantee of life.

1 hour ago, gk10002000 said:

she is engaging in fallacious reasoning.

1:  Stacking the argument.

2:  Asserting the truth.

Sure there are billions of stars, and evidence of many many planets, some apparently are appearing similar to earth as the latest group of space and ground based telescopes are indicating.  But that in itself is no guarantee of life.

I always got a chuckle out of the Drake equation.  Multiply a bunch of numbers together that nobody can quantify, and some of which may be zero, and presto...  Proof that life exists. 

Or at least proof that anyone who questions it is a dunce.  Any 8th grader in a weekend astronomy club could have come up with that equation- or better.  (I was a nerd in an 8th grade weekend astronomy club)

Full disclosure... I believe there is other life in the universe, much of which is millions of years more intelligent than man.  Maybe based on silicon instead of carbon, or liquid methane instead of water. 

And I believe that, sooner or later, someone's going to figure out that one of the basic assumptions upon which they base the age of the universe will be dispelled.  And we'll find out that it doesn't require "dark energy" as a fudge factor to make the math work out.  Like maybe some of the stuff in space is actually red, and it's not a doppler shift...

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1