Hemp Oil/CBD Salve.

Before I blow 40 dollars on this cream for my knee, does anyone know what the official word is on the laws? There is plenty of conflicting information.... Should I buy it and not worry if customs want to confiscate it, or could I get locked up abroad and serve 10 consecutive life sentences in a hard-core Thai prison?

"International patients with cannabis prescriptions from a foreign country will need a possession license from the FDA to bring cannabis medicines into Thailand for consumption" 

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2019/09/27/thai-law-pure-cannabis-oil-is-no-longer-considered-narcotic/

You probably won't go to jail but might have serious fine/problem if caught. 

My friend and i use terrific gel made out natural ingredients available only from Norway and Sweden that can't be bought anywhere else but there, and it has proved to be a pain killer hands down, it's called Daniel Eini's Muscle and joint warming gel, not cheap but works a treat if you can get it...

2 minutes ago, samuttodd said:

Hell no,  I would not under any circumstance bring anything Cannabis related into the Kingdom.    It just plain is not worth the risk.    Your freedom is worth the pain.  

There is a legal and safe way to import CBD into Thailand but I have no idea if it's easy. I went to a clinic in Bangkok and got a prescription and it was very simple and cheap. However, they did not have CBD oil, only CBD+THC tincture. 

I think in the early days it's better to be safe than sorry.  I have no doubt that things will loosen up over time but it will take awhile.  You don't want to be one of the first to go through the justice system and test the rules and current political climate.

It is quite possible to legally bring it in but you have to get FDA permit. Not as hard as it sounds but does involve some papwrwork. And quantity will be limited to 30 days 

I am dubious of this working as a topical salve though. What exactly is wrong with your knee? If osteoarthritis HA injection is often helpful.

dubious.... or doobieous?

The salves with thc in them are very effective topically.   They work almost instantly.    Feels like the affected joint is wrapped in bubble wrap.  

The stuff in them binds to the pain receptors in situ and the effect lasts for a long time (several hours) 

11 hours ago, Sheryl said:

It is quite possible to legally bring it in but you have to get FDA permit. Not as hard as it sounds but does involve some papwrwork. And quantity will be limited to 30 days 

I am dubious of this working as a topical salve though. What exactly is wrong with your knee? If osteoarthritis HA injection is often helpful.

Iv been having some bad knee pain, of course right before I come to Thailand, or I may have not come at all. What about bringing colostrum? It's basically a milk supplement. 

I assume you mean in powdered form. No issue bringing that in. Also no evidence that it is effective.

Sounds like you have not seen a doctor/don't know the cause of the pain? It would be worth finding out before you come and in particulat finding out the likely effect of a prolonged flight on it.

8 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I assume you mean in powdered form. No issue bringing that in. Also no evidence that it is effective.

Sounds like you have not seen a doctor/don't know the cause of the pain? It would be worth finding out before you come and in particulat finding out the likely effect of a prolonged flight on it.

Its just arthritis from a knee surgery and Iv heard colostrum has a lot of anti inflammatory properties that can help arthritis sufferers. Thanks for the information.

Archived