Pattaya video: Non-bill paying Russian taken to hospital after fight with bouncers

webfact

1 hour ago, soistalker said:

Once a thai decides to cheat you, that money is already theirs in their mind. This is where the violence comes from. If you go to a bar, order a beer, pay for that beer. Otherwise, if you have multiple beers, the Thais will pad your bill 100% of the time.

What an idiotic comment. 100%? Really? You obviously go to the wrong places. In my 25 years here I have had a padded bill just once. I know, because I pay attention. I regularly check my bill and make sure the staff know I'm doing it. Not too difficult.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jane Dough said:

Is a place called Crazy Horse Russian Cabaret still open in Pattaya?

Rooster

Isn't "hot" the Thai pronunciation for "horse"? On Facebook, there is a Crazy Horse Bar in Pattaya offered for sale at the moment, if it has not already been sold.

Crazy Horse.png

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

What an idiotic comment. 100%? Really? You obviously go to the wrong places. In my 25 years here I have had a padded bill just once. I know, because I pay attention. I regularly check my bill and make sure the staff know I'm doing it. Not too difficult.

For sure. Any members here got a flogging from bouncers,police etc for a bill,never heard of one,been here in Patong and Pataya for many years and not even a hint of it . On the other hand witness plenty of idiotic behaviour from tourists.

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The idiotic comment is written above.

Let me ask you: is it just the occasional extra beer they charge you, completely by mistake or are they trying it on, as it were, with most punters at the bar? 

That's what I thought.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, hotchilli said:

2,000 baht doesn't add up to much, even with a few drinks and a bit of padding I wouldn't have took a good hiding and end up in police cells for that much!

Who said it was 2k? The bouncers ?better hear the Russian their side of the story!

Edited by Destiny1990

18 hours ago, JMSIII said:

So many Thai bouncers are looking for something like this every night, then they get to fight a drunk guy with multiple bouncers...  

I understand they gotta pay their bill, possibly/probably padded.....but it's not an excuse for the typical beat downs that always seem to happen.

It doesn't look like much of a beat down, although the jeans look like they've had a tough time.

the thai owner or door man don,t care where u come  from. you went thru the entrance and now u pay what ever the bill is.some bars in cnx have had a story here too similar tales attached.he learn,t a expensive lesson in thailand now.

In cnx I know myself I check the menu or drink prices of bars or places I don,t know.it happens every year from someone who don,t know  the score .he will pay the bar bill and the hospital be very sore for awhile  on holiday then home.fond memories of his trip to thailand

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, KenKadz said:

when they take the situation into their own hands instead of calling the Police first.

This is Thailand, nobody trusts the police, they are unworthy of any trust, and likely calling them will not achieve very much except expenses. Here they are used to dealing with issues themselves. 

12 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Aw that old golden-droplet of ThaiVisa brilliance... ‘it happens elsewhere’...  usually followed by, that’s the way it is, 'if they don’t like it don’t come here’... and then followed by the ‘stockholmsydromesque’ they must have done something to deserve the beating..... 

That makes someone getting the shy!t kicked out of them ok then does it ?

No, dont be dumb.

Read the post before it and then the reply before you gob off.

Its very odd that according to the wisdom of TV, the Russian visitors are a bunch drunken louts UNTIL....

two of them take a shoeing by Thai bouncers over a bar bill that I'd happily run up myself and then they're martyrs.

22 hours ago, Aspaltso said:

Seems to be the Russian visitors have been victim to a lot of harrassment(ie. thefts of jewellery, assaults, etc.) this last few months. You'd think there'd be some kind of backlash from that community, but I've seen nothing. Perhaps Ivan and the rest just drink away there sorrows, and grievances.

Oh yes.

They should all have a protest walk from Jomtien to city hall and express their grievance.

Geez..

• Haha 1

On 1/7/2020 at 11:07 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

You've probably only been out twice in 25 years.  So, scammed only 50% of the time.   Well done.  ????

On 1/8/2020 at 12:22 AM, Olmate said:

For sure. Any members here got a flogging from bouncers,police etc for a bill,never heard of one,been here in Patong and Pataya for many years and not even a hint of it . On the other hand witness plenty of idiotic behaviour from tourists.

Never heard of a problem between security and customers in Patong.  Really?

Here's random one from Google.  It's a good one. Plenty of kicks to the head.  I notice it had over 75,000 hits.  Not a great advertisement for a pleasant holiday in Thailand. 

https://www.smh.com.au/world/victims-of-brutal-phuket-nightclub-attack-are-australians-say-police-20151008-gk4cex.html

On 1/8/2020 at 12:22 AM, Olmate said:

I remember this one, due to the famous actor involved.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-jeremyrenner/jeremy-renner-unscathed-in-bloody-thai-bar-brawl-idUSTRE8041PE20120106

"The Phuket Gazette said on Thursday that six staff at the pub were arrested and charged with attempted murder of the general manager of a local resort hotel."

On 1/7/2020 at 4:19 AM, ezzra said:

Could have been a padded bil, something that the locals do often when they see someone who drank quite a few and figures he wouldn't notice...

Hear, hear! I accompanied an old colleague. She had 3 glasses of wine and was charged for 4. I made a fuss and it was touch and go to get che bill adjusted.

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

Never heard of a problem between security and customers in Patong.  Really?

Here's random one from Google.  It's a good one. Plenty of kicks to the head.  I notice it had over 75,000 hits.  Not a great advertisement for a pleasant holiday in Thailand. 

https://www.smh.com.au/world/victims-of-brutal-phuket-nightclub-attack-are-australians-say-police-20151008-gk4cex.html

Another one you choose not to read the Q. Anyone here means personal experience, but keep on by all means!

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

I remember this one, due to the famous actor involved.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-jeremyrenner/jeremy-renner-unscathed-in-bloody-thai-bar-brawl-idUSTRE8041PE20120106

"The Phuket Gazette said on Thursday that six staff at the pub were arrested and charged with attempted murder of the general manager of a local resort hotel."

Tell us  what the actor was famous for?

On 1/8/2020 at 2:15 PM, bkk6060 said:

Oh yes.

They should all have a protest walk from Jomtien to city hall and express their grievance.

Geez..

And no stopping..... particularly at the beach for a quick bonk, or 7-11 for a beer!