Pattaya video: Non-bill paying Russian taken to hospital after fight with bouncers

webfact

16 hours ago, Olmate said:

Another one you choose not to read the Q. Anyone here means personal experience, but keep on by all means!

Surely you remember this one, Olmate, since you have been in Phuket such a long time, but nope, never a problem with security and customers in Phuket.  ????

Would you like me to post some links about all the tuktuk beatings of passengers in Phuket, or they don't count, either?  ????

• Like 1

On 1/8/2020 at 6:12 PM, bkk6060 said:

Seems the bouncers did their job.

Maybe the word will get out to pay your bills.

It's not the bouncer's job to beat up customers who dispute a bill. 

Maybe the word will get out don't come to Thailand.

• Like 1

Connected and mafioso bar owners advocate these beat-downs and give green light to their bouncers to beat up to bloody pulp if customers don't pay up. By the way, all these go on with total impunity. This enables  the word to go around and it sets in peoples mind to always remember what could happen to them if they dare not to pay...Swell!

Humankind did come a long way!!!, well done civilized apes!!!

Edited by pattayadude

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

Yes, it does.

Would you say the guy in this clip was your typical red light tourists?  A 63 year old guy with his wife. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2888282/british-couple-battered-thai-bar-staff-bill/

No, and no one deserves to get beaten up period.

On a separate note I dont quite understand the comparison between a bar and 7-11. maybe he should have just spent his holiday outside a convenience store if he is worried about drink prices.

10 hours ago, Leaver said:

It's not the bouncer's job to beat up customers who dispute a bill. 

Maybe the word will get out don't come to Thailand.

It's never someone's job to beat up a customer, it doesn't solve anything.

m

the word has come out, years ago, maybe this is why the place is empty? 

7 hours ago, sungod said:

On a separate note I dont quite understand the comparison between a bar and 7-11.

Yes, it is dumb... like comparing cans bought in Asda with drinks bought in a UK pub. Refusing to pay after consuming several drinks is incendiary. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sungod said:

On a separate note I dont quite understand the comparison between a bar and 7-11.

Why do you believe her that he said this? 

She has most likely invented this story as some type of insult to her to justify her attack on him. 

There would have been a good reason why he refused to pay, and it's not because the drinks are more expensive than a 7/11. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

It's never someone's job to beat up a customer, it doesn't solve anything.

m

the word has come out, years ago, maybe this is why the place is empty? 

The place is empty for several reasons, but I am sure theft, violence, and scams against tourists has played a part. 

• Like 2

On 1/7/2020 at 1:06 PM, Baerboxer said:

Bouncers here have a hard job. Dealing with large amounts of non Thai speaking foreigners who frequent the girlie bars, often get drunk, don't always understand the rules and prices, and then become aggressive with a drink fueled superior attitude when they can't get their own way. This isn't the West where bouncers are mostly strictly regulated and policed. Here bouncers often are off duty police.

The victims weren't from the west either.

I doubt bouncers in Russia are 'strictly regulated' either.

On 1/7/2020 at 7:07 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

What an idiotic comment. 100%? Really? You obviously go to the wrong places. In my 25 years here I have had a padded bill just once. I know, because I pay attention. I regularly check my bill and make sure the staff know I'm doing it. Not too difficult.

Paying for each drink as it comes usually solves any problems before they happen.

That and not paying with 1,000bht notes (no sir, you only gave me 500bht).

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

Just now, BritManToo said:

Paying for each drink as it comes usually solves any problems later.

That is far too much aggravation, and be darned if I tip every time. I think if one shows you are paying attention to the billing the scams are deterred. Notwithstanding, anyone who says they have never been subjected to bill padding, short changing or change not being forthcoming (the presumed 100 baht+ tip!) must be living somewhere else or staying home!

• Like 1

Just now, jacko45k said:

That is far too much aggravation, and be darned if I tip every time. I think if one shows you are paying attention to the billing the scams are deterred. Notwithstanding, anyone who says they have never been subjected to bill padding, short changing or change not being forthcoming (the presumed 100 baht+ tip!) must be living somewhere else or staying home!

I don't have that problem as I never tip.

(Well OK, sometimes a tip to a bar girl for services above and beyond serving the drinks)

I did have to ask for the change once in 'Foxy Lady'.

5 hours ago, Leaver said:

Why do you believe her that he said this? 

She has most likely invented this story as some type of insult to her to justify her attack on him. 

There would have been a good reason why he refused to pay, and it's not because the drinks are more expensive than a 7/11. 

You need to read the article you posted before you carry on, she never said that in the article I read, the big give away for me was;

'David said: “We were overcharged for the drinks. They were ripping us off.  They're much cheaper at the local supermarket.'

Contradicting your own post, love it.......

Now jog on and find someone else to argue with and annoy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sungod said:

You need to read the article you posted before you carry on, she never said that in the article I read, the big give away for me was;

'David said: “We were overcharged for the drinks. They were ripping us off.  They're much cheaper at the local supermarket.'

Contradicting your own post, love it.......

Now jog on and find someone else to argue with and annoy.

And you believe everything you read in Thailand?  Give me  break.  I suppose you believe those articles where the police walk around and then declare there is no prostitution in Pattaya.  Love it.  Grab a tissue and wipe the egg off your face.

What about if he said, "They are much cheaper at Billabong Bar or Triangle Bar."  ????

Tie up those laces and start jogging.

The next thing you will be saying is the busiest high season you have ever seen.  ????

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Leaver said:

And you believe everything you read in Thailand?  Give me  break.  I suppose you believe those articles where the police walk around and then declare there is no prostitution in Pattaya.  Love it.  Grab a tissue and wipe the egg off your face.

What about if he said, "They are much cheaper at Billabong Bar or Triangle Bar."  ????

Tie up those laces and start jogging.

The next thing you will be saying is the busiest high season you have ever seen.  ????

Wrong again mate (not doing very well are you) The article was not from a Thai publication, rather UK press. Cant stop contradicting your own posts, you really are a joke.????????????????????????????????

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sungod said:

Wrong again mate (not doing very well are you) The article was not from a Thai publication, rather UK press. Cant stop contradicting your own posts, you really are a joke.????????????????????????????????

No. The joke is on you.  The Sun picks it up from the Thai Press.  You don't know much about journalism, do you.

The bar whore makes up a story about an alleged insult, and you lap it up.  I suppose you think you are young and handsome, and the buffalo is sick. 

Get over what she said, and what was printed as to what HE said, as per her version.  It's all her BS to justify assaulting him.  The same as scratch on jet ski. 

Are you really that naive? 

Look at her, and her actions against a 63 year old tourist with his wife. 

She's a nasty piece of work, but no doubt some farang's wife now.  ????

Edited by Leaver

2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

No. The joke is on you.  The Sun picks it up from the Thai Press.  You don't know much about journalism, do you.

The bar whore makes up a story about an alleged insult, and you lap it up.  I suppose you think you are young and handsome, and the buffalo is sick. 

Get over what she said, and what was printed as to what HE said, as per her version.  It's all her BS to justify assaulting him.  The same as scratch on jet ski. 

Are you really that naive? 

What a sad individual you are getting your kicks from arguing with anyone who takes the bait, you need to get out more mate.

????????????  Off to bed, you are boring me ........

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, sungod said:

What a sad individual you are getting your kicks from arguing with anyone who takes the bait, you need to get out more mate.

????????????  Off to bed, you are boring me ........

Who's arguing?  Just refuting your Thai apologetic posts.

Good night to you, Sir. 

Sleep well. 

I can assure you, I am out a lot.  A lot more than you. 

Until the next post.  ????

Edited by Leaver
  • Sad 1