Drunk monk involved in hit-and-run which kills two teenagers

webfact

Drunk monk involved in hit-and-run which kills two teenagers

By Chutharat Plerin

1578370019_1.jpg

Police lead away Mr Noppadon Naononthong after he was involved in a fatal hit-and-run incident on Sunday (Jan 5) which left two teenagers dead. Photo: Khao Khon Phu Wiang Facebook page

KHON KAEN: A former monk has been involved in a drink driving road accident which left two teenagers dead.

Capt Adul Deenonpho of the Phu Wiang police confirmed to the Phuket News yesterday (Jan 6) that they have arrested Mr Noppadon Naononthong after he was involved in a fatal hit-and-run incident the previous day.

Noppadon, 52, had previously been a monk for 17 years. He was charged with drunk and reckless driving which caused a hit and run collision with a motorbike, killing the two passengers.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/drunk-monk-involved-in-hit-and-run-which-kills-two-teenagers-74282.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-01-07

I cant talk for the entire country but where i am there is 4 temples all within about 2km of each other and the monks themselves all have houses and cars and yep, all drunks and yabba dabba dos.. Local monks are so bad that ive been warned from my neighbours because of a despute that one in particular carrys a gun and for me to watch out. The fat <deleted> monk drives past my house real slow to be intimidating. Idiot! Makes this country look pretty bad for religous people to act this way when religion is held with such hi regard.

13 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

I cant talk for the entire country but where i am there is 4 temples all within about 2km of each other and the monks themselves all have houses and cars and yep, all drunks and yabba dabba dos.. Local monks are so bad that ive been warned from my neighbours because of a despute that one in particular carrys a gun and for me to watch out. The fat <deleted> monk drives past my house real slow to be intimidating. Idiot! Makes this country look pretty bad for religous people to act this way when religion is held with such hi regard.

just because they are monks means nothing, be interesting to know why they are hiding out in a temple enjoying the good life - perhaps a shady past 

The standard of driving is now the worst I have ever seen in the 10 I have been here even in my inner moo ban soi I have come very close to being run down yesterday the country is in the grip of an epidemic mowing down anything in the way if they even see it at all ????

28 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

Monks in this country are a joke. Drink, drive, have sex, often with young boys, and everything else a "monk" is not supposed to do. 

Yeah, when I come here over 20 years ago, I thought it was bad when I saw a monk smoking. Guess I´ve been uppgraded a couple of times after that, duh.

5 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Surprise the low life dog one day by opening the window and pointing out a fifty calibre machine gun and watch his robe turn from orange to brown !...........  ( Ps, weapons available from border police and soldiers)........  at very reasonable prices......

5 hours ago, stevenl said:

I had to google where this happened, apparently somewhere in Khon Kaen.

I live in Phu Wiang and it is 65 kilometers west of Khon Kaen on route 2038, which leaves route 12 near Nong Rua and heads north for Nong Bua Lamphu. 

A monk or a former monk? Big difference. But I guess "a monk" sounds more spectacular in the headline than "a carpenter" or whatever the former monk is working now. Click baiting is another word for it.

7 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Buddhism in Thailand isn't a religious movement. It's a vast business enterprise that rakes in billions of baht a year while giving refuge to criminals of all kinds. Want to stage a funeral? Pay. Want to bless your new car or house? Pay. Every service is for sale. Where I come, the UK, churches never charge for anything as far as I know.

8 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Yeah, when I come here over 20 years ago, I thought it was bad when I saw a monk smoking. Guess I´ve been uppgraded a couple of times after that, duh.

Wow. Smoking.  bad monk, bad monk.  ????‍♂️

5 minutes ago, khaowong1 said:

Wow. Smoking.  bad monk, bad monk.  ????‍♂️

Yes, if you know what I really should mean to be a monk, you would know that. On the other hand it was 20 years ago, and it was only meant as a reflection over how much worse it is today compared to that long time ago.

However, I can see that you don´t have a clue. You even put an emoticon were you try to hide your face.

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Where I come, the UK, churches never charge for anything as far as I know.

Weddings? Funerals? Christenings? All rediculously overpriced. Collection plate every Sunday?

The Church of England is the biggest and wealthiest landowner in the UK.

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Buddhism in Thailand isn't a religious movement. It's a vast business enterprise that rakes in billions of baht a year while giving refuge to criminals of all kinds. Want to stage a funeral? Pay. Want to bless your new car or house? Pay. Every service is for sale. Where I come, the UK, churches never charge for anything as far as I know.

They do. They take your soul. 

Archived