Inbound Coronal Mass Ejection

samuttodd

On 1/8/2020 at 5:21 PM, swissie said:

Recent earthquakes and volcanic action were forecast by absolutely nobody.

Outside of the 11 year (known)  "solar activity cycle", nothing exceptional can be expected from the sun.

A very stable atomic reactor, bubbling along within it's predictable laws of physics.

In about 4 billon years it will become "unstable". That will be the time when we will have to start worrying about our sun.

Stable she is, but earth will have serious issues way before she starts burping in 4B years. Venus-style, greenhouse runaway aside (yes climate skeptics!), it'll get progressively hotter, something like 10% within a billion years as fusion goes off on a tangent with lowering stores of hydrogen. Though of course if we're still around at that point, we'll be a Class IV civilisation and thus have the ability to shift the earth, nip over to the next solar system, or pinch off into another universe. It won't come to that, however, as we have short-sighted, narcissist twits like Trump, Putin et al, bent on power, money and the ultimate destruction of man (sorry Justin) peoplekind.

But yes, coronal mass ejections are unlikely to have serious consequences aside from knocking out a few satellites. We have a pretty robust magnetic field thanks to our nicking of additional iron from Theia. Sorry, I'll get my coat...

4 hours ago, daveAustin said:

But yes, coronal mass ejections are unlikely to have serious consequences

I agree with your wishful thinking, it's better to be optimistic, on the other hand, we don't know much about the sun, do we ?

On 1/7/2020 at 2:17 PM, thequietman said:

For whom??? Nerds, Geeks, sad and lonely people ??? ???? Who ???  ????

For people who use statistics like a drunk uses a lamppost.

For support rather than illumination.

• Haha 2

In my Pirate voice with liquor thick in my breath, eye patched and parrot startled:

"Arrgh, you'll rue the day of the crazy cat lady, the Mountains are fixing to come alive and spew the fires of hell awash across the earth"
kaden is online nowReport post   Edit/Delete Message

:clap2:

On 1/9/2020 at 11:49 PM, daveAustin said:

Stable she is, but earth will have serious issues way before she starts burping in 4B years. Venus-style, greenhouse runaway aside (yes climate skeptics!), it'll get progressively hotter, something like 10% within a billion years as fusion goes off on a tangent with lowering stores of hydrogen. Though of course if we're still around at that point, we'll be a Class IV civilisation and thus have the ability to shift the earth, nip over to the next solar system, or pinch off into another universe. It won't come to that, however, as we have short-sighted, narcissist twits like Trump, Putin et al, bent on power, money and the ultimate destruction of man (sorry Justin) peoplekind.

But yes, coronal mass ejections are unlikely to have serious consequences aside from knocking out a few satellites. We have a pretty robust magnetic field thanks to our nicking of additional iron from Theia. Sorry, I'll get my coat...

Related to my post #54.

Solar activity in form of "Protuberances" are normal. Occasionally so called major "flashes" occur. When 2 of them "meet" in mid-air (so to speak), they can indeed produce an array of negative effects on mother Earth. But only if those outbursts are directly pointing at us. (Looking at a barrel of a gun, directly pointing at us). All other "outbursts", not directly pointing at us, will have little or no effect on life on earth.

Overall, not a very exciting thread, compared to threads like " Is the closure of your favorite Bar or Retaurant imminent"? (Pattaya Forum).:clap2::cheesy:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, swissie said:

:clap2:

Related to my post #54.

Solar activity in form of "Protuberances" are normal. Occasionally so called major "flashes" occur. When 2 of them "meet" in mid-air (so to speak), they can indeed produce an array of negative effects on mother Earth. But only if those outbursts are directly pointing at us. (Looking at a barrel of a gun, directly pointing at us). All other "outbursts", not directly pointing at us, will have little or no effect on life on earth.

Overall, not a very exciting thread, compared to threads like " Is the closure of your favorite Bar or Retaurant imminent"? (Pattaya Forum).:clap2::cheesy:

But this is coming  right at us and the models show that. 

Edited by samuttodd

And another !!!!

BOOM

M6.0 Earthquake - Puerto Rico region

Preliminary Report
Magnitude 6.0
Date-Time
  • 11 Jan 2020 12:54:45 UTC
  • 11 Jan 2020 08:54:45 near epicenter
  • 11 Jan 2020 18:54:45 standard time in your timezone
Location 17.869N 66.809W
Depth 10 km
Distances
  • 13.8 km (8.6 mi) S of Indios, Puerto Rico
  • 15.4 km (9.6 mi) SE of Gu�nica, Puerto Rico
  • 18.8 km (11.7 mi) SSE of Yauco, Puerto Rico
  • 25.0 km (15.5 mi) SW of Ponce, Puerto Rico
  • 34.3 km (21.3 mi) SE of San Germ�n, Puerto Rico
Location Uncertainty Horizontal: 3.5 km; Vertical 1.8 km
Parameters Nph = 96; Dmin = 13.8 km; Rmss = 1.07 seconds; Gp = 63°
Version =
Event ID us 70006ydb ***This event supersedes event PT20011058.

8 hours ago, samuttodd said:

But this is coming right at us and the models show that. 

No, it's not and no, they don't. You said this CME would hit Earth by January 11. It didn't. Even if we allow for your estimate being off by a day or two, there's still no sign of it.

Product: 3-Day Forecast :Issued: 2020 Jan 12 0030 UTC  Prepared by the U.S. Dept. of Commerce, NOAA, Space Weather Prediction Center

[...]

No significant transient or recurrent solar wind features are forecast.

[...]

No S1 (Minor) or greater solar radiation storms are expected. No significant active region activity favorable for radiation storm production is forecast.

[...]

No significant active region flare activity is forecast.

• Thanks 1

Man,  you must be delirious,   the lasco models show it,  and the solar windstream behind it... What kind of signs do you expect near the equator?    You arent going to get Auroras down this far.   We may have some electrical gps/communications interruptions.

Edited by samuttodd
  • Haha 1

On 1/8/2020 at 5:21 PM, swissie said:

In about 4 billon years it will become "unstable". That will be the time when we will have to start worrying about our sun.

I'll make a note of that in my diary, in the meantime does anyone want to buy any AA - AAA & C cell batteries, I also have a lot of spare water (big bottles) and stacks of tinned & dried food, I think the Mrs went beserk in Big C when I told her to stock up for a nuclear winter. :stoner:

• Like 2

The explosion in getting bigger by the minute.

This thing is capable of any size of eruption, really any size. Last eruption in 1977. It often explodes by clusters, meaning that there are several eruptions in a row after a first eruption. So you could have another eruption next year too. It does a lot of small ones, but VEI4 are not rare. Its eruptions since recorded were all VEI 1 to 4.

At that distance VEI5 can be hazardous, and it has done VEI 5~6 in the records, before the records we have. Judging by size of caldera it can explode with VEI7 or even 8. (Supervolcano)
I wouldn't stand next to it filming it on Facebook while it is exploding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5MZWH8fCAo

Of course,   half a dozen quakes and a couple of volcanoes blowing proves my point.   Ice cream and Amish People cause earthquakes..   The solar CME  that kicked off a few days ago has nothing to do with techtonics or volcanoes.

Edited by samuttodd
  • Haha 1

Just stop and think rationally.

If you're saying all these seismic and volcanic events are connected to some solar event that didn't rate a mention on any news outlet (and probably didn't happen), then on that scale should a newsworthy major solar CME event actually occur, the planet would explode!

As I've tried explaining, there is zero correlation between the historical solar and seismic data; solar activity has no discernible affect on tectonics. 

Edited by Stocky

15 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Could it be why i was depressed on saturday?

Absolutely,    EMF affects the nervous system,   and solar activity is emf.   

On the chart below,  there are 2 areas of primary exposure... When our kp INDEX IS VERY LOW  (0-1) we are at risk of Cosmic Ray EMF (Not from our sun,  but from other suns) 

When the KP  index is high  (7,8,9)  then we are at risk to exposure from energetics from our sun.

Keep in mind that the higher the KP index,  the better our magnetopause shileding deflects these energies.    The strength of the shielding is proportionate to the energetic releases of the sun.   

You can actually see the shielding in near real time at the Solarham website.    http://websites.milonic.com/solarham.net/

https://ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/display/RT_t.cgi?page=mpause

image(2).png.19a97b230848dc8c9af4848409b97476.png

Edited by samuttodd

1 hour ago, samuttodd said:

Have you been asleep.    WE HAVE 4 VOLCANOES going off and have had 4 6plus earthquakes.  

There are actually about 26 volcanoes currently erupting and a further 10 considered active. Most are in remote places so they don't make the news. You're still away with the faeries.