Golden Globes, lame year for movies

canuckamuck

14 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

1917 best picture? 

Wat a turkey.

The Hollywood bozos spent all night lamenting about war...then give a film about it

the top gong....messed up.

Its the only war they have won since Korea thats why they made a fuss. Been  a loser ever since.

2 hours ago, legend49 said:

Its the only war they have won since Korea thats why they made a fuss. Been  a loser ever since.

Korea was a draw.

Anyway, they don't want to win wars (what does it mean anyway?), they want them to last forever, as in Afghanistan and the Middle East...this is how the parasites of the military industrial complex make their money...

Hollywood has been reduced to Disney peddling superheroes "movies" and remakes.

This is why most of the actors, at least those who are not pumped up with steroids, are coming to work for television.

In the past, it used to be the other way round, great actors were moving from TV to the big screen.

Looks like we have gone full circle...

I’ve got all of Tarantino’s movies, he’s the man IMHO.  But “Once Upon a time in

H” was downloaded, watched and instantly deleted. Apart from the final

10 minutes .... boring as bat droppings.

“The Irishman”? ...also deleted. Never want to waste my time on either of those 2 (far too lengthy) movies again.

“Joker”? A little better. But deleted also. 

“Marriage Story”? (starring my future wife Scarlet O’H) . Rubbish! Same fate as the others (Sorry Scar-Lo). 

Yep. Weak line up this year, as mentioned by others. 

My database has however retained “Knives Out” (Daniel Craig, C Plummer, JL Curtis, Toni Collette). Unlike all of aforementioned, this murder- who done it movie kept me interested throughout. Can’t wait to watch it again. 

The Ford vs Ferrari flick was a proper movie. Joker was cringy, a show about mental illness mostly. I Couldn't get into it.

Irishman was just another, Hollywood loves the mafia, because Hollywood is the mafia, movie. Idolizing the worst refuse of society. Maybe if they cut about 40 minutes it would have been OK.

6 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Lame?  'Once Upon A Time...In Hollywood' is superb, as is 'The Irishman'.  I  haven't seen '1917' yet, but it looks great.

"The Irishman" was excellent

I haven't slept so well in years as I did watching that.

The hardest part was opening a packet of crisps without waking the wife.

JoJo Rabbit was interesting. A dedicated but comically bumbling Hitler youth, who imagines that Adolf is his personal mentor, has his beliefs tested (including that Jews hang from ceilings like bats) as his world is blown apart.

14 hours ago, Mac98 said:

JoJo Rabbit was interesting. A dedicated but comically bumbling Hitler youth, who imagines that Adolf is his personal mentor, has his beliefs tested (including that Jews hang from ceilings like bats) as his world is blown apart.

I wasn't going to see that based on the trailer, but changed my mind and didn't regret it. Only complaint is that it had a Hollywood ending. In real life she would have ended up like Anne Frank, and I didn't like the rip off Alice in Wonderland dance.

Archived