Big Joke shooting: Alleged corruption in biometrics and smart car projects take center stage

webfact

1 hour ago, legend49 said:

If what Big Joke says is true he has my support I wouldnt have bought the 2 projects both are a waste of money and no real results

Apart from all those false passports they found........and securing the borders of course....and bringing their border security up to date with the biometric passports issued around the world now.

But apart from that.....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

What nonsense, saying maybe an attempt on his life, when he was in a knocking shop at the time of the shooting.

It was a warning to him, keep your mouth shut.

Knock! Knock! Who dere?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ChipButty said:

These guys have got no shame, in the next breath telling people to shower less only 1 s-hit a day and dont plant any rice

Will the truth ever come out?

Of course not.  We're in Thailand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, outsider said:

NO!!! No, no, no. You guys got it all wrong. The new, shining light government will NEVER EVER let this happen. There is no corruption, no illegal activities. This is false news.

It's called fake news. 

39 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

I am a Big Joke fan boy.

I hope they don't kill him.

I'm not, but perhaps he wasn't all that bad and a real worry to some. 

Edited by Artisi

6 hours ago, ChipButty said:

These guys have got no shame, in the next breath telling people to shower less only 1 s-hit a day and dont plant any rice

Will the truth ever come out?

The truth - what's that - does it even it exist in the political vocabulary ...??... ????

Edited by ttrd

Those shots are in quite a tight grouping looks to be right  behind the front seat. If shot from waist level they went through the floorboards with no real  damage. The message is clear but no real damage to the car? Why wouldn't they inflict max damage?  I hope he lives to reveal the truth

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Surachet was getting a rub at a massage parlour in Bangkok’s Silom area when someone on a motorcycle fired eight rounds into his unoccupied car parked outside.

Any chance it was a message being sent to the massage parlour? Big Joke's car just happened to be the unfortunate recipient of said message. It could all be brushed under the carpet with a tearful apology and a few wais.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

What nonsense, saying maybe an attempt on his life, when he was in a knocking shop at the time of the shooting.

It was a warning to him, keep your mouth shut.

Actually I disagree. For what point to warn him. Better to shut him up permanently than still risk it. Thailand has porous enough borders for him to travel a short distance and spill the beans.

26 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

There is virtually no corruption in Thailand nowadays.

As proof, there were only 3 prosecutions for corruption in the whole of 2019!

So many, what a corrupt nation  this is....... 

Well what he says about smart cars is already defined as malware by the GNU project (authors of the software present in much of these projects) https://www.gnu.org/proprietary/malware-cars.en.html

"In China, it is mandatory for electric cars to be equipped with a terminal that transfers technical data, including car location, to a government-run platform. In practice, manufacturers collect this data as part of their own spying, then forward it to the government-run platform."

And all of a sudden, the reason for the man's spectacular fall from grace takes on a certain rationality. I would suggest that Mad Uncle Too was 'prevailed upon' by someone who was getting a bit wobbly and who had a few too many markers on the table.

Of one kind or another. A favour's a favour right?

Edited by ParkerN
  • Like 2