Big Joke shooting: Alleged corruption in biometrics and smart car projects take center stage

webfact

3 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Anybody who goes to Thailand should already be aware of its rollicking embrace of violence, thievery and noise.  As all on this forum know, there are drawbacks living in and visiting "paradise".

My biggest drawback is I just can't get enough!Hopefully that will change soon.

28 minutes ago, ParkerN said:

And all of a sudden, the reason for the man's spectacular fall from grace takes on a certain rationality. I would suggest that Mad Uncle Too was 'prevailed upon' by someone who was getting a bit wobbly and who had a few too many markers on the table.

Of one kind or another. A favour's a favour right?

Yes just wondering about the timing myself and I've got a feeling it might be the beginning of upsetting year in Thailand.

21 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Yes just wondering about the timing myself and I've got a feeling it might be the beginning of upsetting year in Thailand.

I think you're right, friend.

Of course it's likely to be more upsetting for some than for others. Personally, I don't expect to be upset in the slightest, but then I believe that people generally are who they have chosen to be, and if you choose to be a SH, then you really don't have anyone to blame but yourself when you are one.

The Universe is a funny old place, it has a way of balancing the scales.

Suspect the reason for aiming so low was to prevent collateral damage. If they had shot out the windows some innocent passer by or someone in the buildings on the other side of the car might have been hit. Indeed given the window tint Big Joke could have been sitting in the car and you wouldn't know it.

For me definitely a warning.  

10 hours ago, colinneil said:

What nonsense, saying maybe an attempt on his life, when he was in a knocking shop at the time of the shooting

And how did the shooter know he is not in the car?

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

I am so glad he is close friends with such a honest person as Prawit.

What I find interesting is that if he's such good friends with such an honest and powerful person who wears watches that cost as much as his car, why was he removed? ????

• Like 1

Am I the only one here who wonders why BigJoke is not in the slightest embarrased being "caught" in a massage parlor? Do state-officials and politicians really park their cars openly in the street, next to the  entrance-door? Can all the ministers, gouvernors etc. be found in Patpong, Ratchadapisek or New Petchaburi road? Or could it be that one of them even sits next to you (as a customer!) in Nana-entertainment area? Questions over questions

16 hours ago, webfact said:

says the bullets fired at his car on Monday evening (January 6) were not part of a “setup” – just a calling card from one of his many enemies.

Believe that about as much as the theory it was a shoe company angry about a cancelled order shooting at his feet due to height of the bullets in the door

17 hours ago, RedPill said:

A high level ranked officer and a simple Lexus, a pimped up version of the Toyota. Why is that so special? Why is that TIT? That's actually a quite modest and low profile kind of car.

Get the bigger picture ... the hints towards those two, billion baht projects, are the first more tangible bits of news ... that's TIT.

100,000 quid is pretty expensive !!

Nothing cheap about lexus 

Over 15 years net salary for most Thais.....at least!! 

https://www.lexus.co.th/en.html

Edited by Sticky Wicket
  • Like 1

100,000 quid is pretty expensive !!

Nothing cheap about lexus 

Over 15 years net salary for most Thais.....at least!! 

Most Thais make as little as 150 to 300 Baht a day.

But even here in Chiang Rai, I see Mercedes and BMWs almost every day.  Doubt they are part of the Big 5 Richest Families in Thailand.

So, there is a huge gap in income inequality here, one of the highest in the world.

Second only to Russia, where Putin and his Oligarch cronies are robbing the Russian people blind.

Literally.  Most Russians believe only Putin can fix the corruption.

????????????????????????????

• Like 1

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Surachet noted that Monday’s shooting took place right off a major road lined with CCTV cameras, and yet two days later, the police still have no idea where the gunman and his driver went.

17 hours ago, webfact said:

“I just want the truth about who was behind this shooting.”

A bit like the guy who got a good hiding in the street in broad daylight, just because he was in opposition to the government and spoke out, lots of CCTV of the event and as yet no culprits... join the queue!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Elkski said:

Those shots are in quite a tight grouping looks to be right  behind the front seat. If shot from waist level they went through the floorboards with no real  damage. The message is clear but no real damage to the car? Why wouldn't they inflict max damage?  I hope he lives to reveal the truth

It could be concluded that the shooter has some very good firearms training, just saying.

• Like 1