Video: Soi dogs attack! Thai woman's car trashed in Sattahip

webfact

Video: Soi dogs attack! Thai woman's car trashed in Sattahip

2pm.jpg

Thai caption: Pack of hoodlum dogs

Picture: 77kaoded

A Thai woman awoke in Sattahip on Tuesday after she was called by neighbors who had seen the state of her car. 

It was trashed. 

Nichapha, 29, wondered who would do such a thing. She was soon to find out when she asked to view CCTV footage from the Saeng Thong shop at the market in the eastern seaboard town. 

A large pack of soi dogs had been chasing a cat that took refuge in the hood of her Honda City car. 

Damage was extensive - the electrical system was ruined as the dogs had bitten through cables, the fender had become detached and the radiator was leaking. 

Locals told Sanook that strays were responsible - and there was no one to take responsibility. 

Thaivisa notes that people in Thailand are becoming increasingly fed up with the problem of stray dogs. 

People who want the animals euthanized are hamstrung by legislation that some claim protects the dogs more than the rights and property of people. 

While do-gooder foundations and animal lovers continue to take the side of the animals.

Some who feed the strays are praised for making merit and both Thais and foreigners are questioning deeply rooted ideas about compassion for animals that stem from the Buddhist religion. 

There are also many reports of attacks by dogs on people - dogs that have no owners. 

On Monday a Thai maid was even attacked by dogs that DID have an owner - two Rottweilers savaged her in a real estate agent and left her needing hospital treatment.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-08

There was no one to take responsibility.

This is news? I though this was a given...

But yes, I'm bored with the dogs... they're often abused when they're not being fed. I'm not surprised that there's legislation to protect them - they have as much intelligence as most lawmakers around here.

3 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

waiting for the first there are no bad dogs only bad owners post- er but these vermin don't have owners so it must be the fault of the poor little doggies. soi dogs are no better than rats. There is a reason Thais take no real action against the soi dog menace, but it's something we cannot mention.

...and what's wrong with rats? They are living beings also... ????

1 hour ago, Chazar said:

Anyone who feeds  soi/stray dogs is responsible...............dont worry  theyll make every excuse under the sun now for their actions

Anyone who feeds stray dogs is compassionate. Anyone who takes in stray dogs and gives them a home is a Buddha. ????

6 minutes ago, billsmart said:

Anyone who feeds stray dogs is compassionate

and is  causing more grief and suffering and is  an imbecile,  now if they take them in neuter  them and walk them daily  on a lead thats  another  matter

7 minutes ago, billsmart said:
1 hour ago, Chazar said:

Anyone who feeds  soi/stray dogs is responsible...............dont worry  theyll make every excuse under the sun now for their actions

Anyone who feeds stray dogs is compassionate. Anyone who takes in stray dogs and gives them a home is a Buddha. ????

I rest my case

4 minutes ago, Chazar said:

and is  causing more grief and suffering and is  an imbecile,  now if they take them in neuter  them and walk them daily  on a lead thats  another  matter

I could say the very same thing about humans who cause much more grief and suffering than any stray dog or other animal.

14 minutes ago, billsmart said:

...and what's wrong with rats? They are living beings also... ????

The sort of thing said by people that eat living being on a regular basis, rats are the cause of many diseases and spread others.

3 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

The sort of thing said by people that eat living being on a regular basis, rats are the cause of many diseases and spread others.

Humans are the cause of more human diseases than rats or any other animals. Also, humans are the cause of more human deaths than any other animal. 

23 minutes ago, TommyDee said:

spoof

its impossible to access the radiator or the wiring from outsaide the car.  total bs.. but the dogs obviously did paint damage.

Looks like BS to me too. I can't see these dogs running off with bundles of cables in the mouths. She's probably hoping for extra insurance and should have parked straight in the first place. 

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

Looks like BS to me too. I can't see these dogs running off with bundles of cables in the mouths. She's probably hoping for extra insurance and should have parked straight in the first place. 

Hilarious,  I  guess  you are an animal  lover too.

2 minutes ago, Chazar said:

Hilarious,  I  guess  you are an animal  lover too.

Hilarious. Nothing to do with my reply. But, as it happens, I do typically love animals far more than most TV posters. 

And like most Thais no comprehensive insurance for repairs.

I know of a fairly large comany with 18 vehicles & no insurance except road tax & compulsory.

Accident with 5 employees in the back, major injuries cost 13 million Bht without the vehicke replacement. They just will not understand

Archived