How much 4K content on Netflix?

giddyup

1 minute ago, mtls2005 said:

I used the Search function, for "UHD", yielded 42 titles. No clue if that is the sum total.

The 420 THB plan also gives you four (4) logins, so many get this plan just to share it.

Share it with who, neighbours?

3 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Anyone you want. Friends, relatives, neighbors, whatever.

I share a 350 THB plan with one friend. The 350 plan gets two logins.

Wasn't aware of that. So as long as they have an internet connection you could share the 420 baht with 4 people anywhere in Thailand and they can all be using Netflix at the same time?

5 minutes ago, giddyup said:

So as long as they have an internet connection you could share the 420 baht with 4 people anywhere in Thailand and they can all be using Netflix at the same time?

One would have to have reliable friends for this, otherwise the login will be all over Thailand in no time one presumes?

12 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Wasn't aware of that. So as long as they have an internet connection you could share the 420 baht with 4 people anywhere in Thailand and they can all be using Netflix at the same time?

Yes.

7 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

One would have to have reliable friends for this, otherwise the login will be all over Thailand in no time one presumes?

Correct.

One presumes one could change the login credentials were one to have unreliable friends?

Know quite a few poeple sharing here and in the U.S. Quite common. Seems to work for most.

28 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

How would that work if only 4 logins are allowed?

51 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Anywhere in the world, our son uses mine in Australia for the last 3 years.????????????????

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

I used the Search function, for "UHD", yielded 42 titles. No clue if that is the sum total.

The 420 THB plan also gives you four (4) logins, so many get this plan just to share it.

Yeah Ive got friends back home (Aus) with a nextflix plan and I use one of their logins here.... tis good.

Edited by Don Mega

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

One presumes one could change the login credentials were one to have unreliable friends?

Of course, when you give out your account's user ID and password to other folks, THEY too have the ability to go into account settings and change passwords, etc..... AFAIK....

46 minutes ago, giddyup said:

How would that work if only 4 logins are allowed?

Keep in mind, the 4 logins doesn't refer to number of people, but numbers of simultaneous logins...  So in your home, if you and the wife were each watching separately at the same time, you'd be using two of the 4 log-ins. Then if a kid was also watching separately, that would be a 3rd login of the four.  And the same for anyone else who is sharing the same account.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Keep in mind, the 4 logins doesn't refer to number of people, but numbers of simultaneous logins...  So in your home, if you and the wife were each watching separately at the same time, you'd be using two of the 4 log-ins. Then if a kid was also watching separately, that would be a 3rd login of the four.  And the same for anyone else who is sharing the same account.

And Netflix provides a screen where you can knock out logins for some measure of control. However, if the password is "in the wild", you will need to change it to prevent constant excessive usage.

1 minute ago, Henryford said:

I started my Netflix trial with the 4k option at 420 baht. I must admit i never noticed any real difference with the 4k content (on my 4k TV). So i downgraded back to HD at 350 baht.

I have only had the 350 baht free trial, and wondered if it was worth the extra to get 4K or UHD content.

• 2 weeks later...