Sa Kaeo: Brit, 71, living in Thailand killed while making U-Turn on motorcycle

webfact

1 minute ago, VYCM said:

OMG, you elderly have too much time

Annoying comments.........I'm not blaming accidents on AGE, its about not being competent, a special skill set is required to ride on roads in Thailand.

So, Let's just continue to encourage the Reckless, Elderly, incompetent to keep riding.

Its very traumatic for the 3rd party involved in an accident when a death occurs.

I am not old nor incompetent, and in my experience youngsters are much more dangerous on the roads.

So, are you assuming that the victim was reckless and incompetent ? Why is that ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rech said:

Why old men cannot accept that they might not like it but they are old and it is dangerous to ride a bike ?!

For the same reason young people cannot accept that sometimes (often) they are wrong :whistling:

The last close shaves i had on Thai roads were young foreigners riding too fast, like they had some reason to end their lives.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, rech said:

Why old men cannot accept that they might not like it but they are old and it is dangerous to ride a bike ?!

Nobody deserves to die but some are looking into it more than others...

RIP.

You should have told that to Bert Munro when he set the world record on a motorbike under 1000cc.....and it still stands. He was 68 years old.

I have seen more incompetent younger imbeciles on motorbikes here than older farangs.

Burt Munro. Herbert James "Burt" Munro (Bert in his youth; 25 March 1899 – 6 January 1978) was a New Zealand motorcycle racer, famous for setting an under-1,000 cc world record, at Bonneville, 26 August 1967. This record still stands; Munro was 68 and was riding a 47-year-old machine when he set his last record.

• Haha 1

Both of you perfectly confirm what I am telling, you are so funny.

Maybe you will accept that you where wrong when you will be there... (but of course I don't wish you, I just hope that you realize how wrong you are before it's too late)

image.jpeg.ef5946d74b1286cfe8e77700d7f246b7.jpeg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, rech said:

Both of you perfectly confirm what I am telling, you are so funny.

Maybe you will accept that you where wrong when you will be there... (but of course I don't wish you, I just hope that you realize how wrong you are before it's too late)

image.jpeg.ef5946d74b1286cfe8e77700d7f246b7.jpeg

Everybody is guaranteed to end there, but a few of us manage to get old before that.

With some effort and a bit of luck you'll get old too ????

• Haha 1

On 1/14/2020 at 10:10 AM, mauGR1 said:
On 1/14/2020 at 9:15 AM, VYCM said:

What have you to say about that Sherlock?

You really don't get it, do you ?

The majority of accidents is caused by young, reckless drivers.

Elder drivers tend to be very cautious, your blaming accidents on age is total nonsense.

You really dont get it.

This article is titled   

No one is debating who is causing the majority of accidents.

Try another Forum for that issue, Im sure there are plenty. 

Lets keep on the same page here, dont wonder, keep focused.

2 minutes ago, VYCM said:

You really dont get it.

This article is titled   

No one is debating who is causing the majority of accidents.

Try another Forum for that issue, Im sure there are plenty. 

I made my point, if you don't understand, i can live with it ????

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

You should have told that to Bert Munro when he set the world record on a motorbike under 1000cc.....and it still stands. He was 68 years old.

I have seen more incompetent younger imbeciles on motorbikes here than older farangs.

Burt Munro. Herbert James "Burt" Munro (Bert in his youth; 25 March 1899 – 6 January 1978) was a New Zealand motorcycle racer, famous for setting an under-1,000 cc world record, at Bonneville, 26 August 1967. This record still stands; Munro was 68 and was riding a 47-year-old machine when he set his last record.

At what speed did he do a U-turn into oncoming traffic ?

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

Yep the world has only very few of these special talented people.,

Please dont you try this or we surly will be reading about another elderly death.

31 minutes ago, VYCM said:

I don't "wonder" about anything, although other people seem to want to "wander" as regards the topic, which is what you have done, because on your first post you were indicating that age was to blame, however now you seem to have changed your tune slightly so perhaps you are capable of "wandering" thereby altering your position on the subject..........

27 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

At what speed did he do a U-turn into oncoming traffic ?

If you read the article again you will see that it states, "Thai media has reported that a 71 year old British man on a motorcycle died after a collision with a car at a U-turn in Sa Kaeo province on Monday"

So by all accounts this poor fellow did not do a U-turn into oncoming traffic, he was waiting in the U-turn Lane and so as far as the current information goes, he was perfectly in his rights to be there and was hit by a car, so your attempt at humour is poor to say the least.

30 minutes ago, VYCM said:

Yep the world has only very few of these special talented people.,

Every day here I see farang guys of my age driving perfectly well, so perhaps there are more of these "special talented people" around than you care to think, and maybe it's the not so old and not so "special talented people" who are involved in and causing the majority of accidents, which gets back to your original point about age – – not wandering eh!!

33 minutes ago, VYCM said:

Please dont you try this or we surly will be reading about another elderly death.

I try not to be "surly", but have to say that the responses by some folk would surely result in a surly disposition on my part and from other diligent and careful drivers of my age.

My final post on this matter, because my opinion is well known and supported by many, and also supported by the many motorbike clubs around the world who cater for "seniors"..........

It is common sense in my opinion, that if your eyesight is failing, your balance is suspect or that you are suffering from some form of illness which affects your general well-being, then you shouldn't be on a motorbike – – but as I said that is common sense and folks who encounter those sort of things generally give up riding a motorbike.

If everything is good with you at your age, then there is nothing to stop you riding a motorbike, and in addition many years of experience of riding here can prepare you for the unexpected, which here, can be quite alarming, and just today I had to take some action to avoid hitting a Thai motorbike rider who came straight out of a side road without stopping or even looking, but I had seen him approaching and slowed down accordingly.

There is nothing that can be done if a car decides to plough into you from behind, or even from the side, and age does not become a factor in something like that, which appears to be the case with this poor fellow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, xylophone said:
23 hours ago, VYCM said:

I don't "wonder" about anything, although other people seem to want to "wander" as regards the topic, which is what you have done, because on your first post you were indicating that age was to blame, however now you seem to have changed your tune slightly so perhaps you are capable of "wandering" thereby altering your position on the subject..........

Why did you reply to my comment to mauGR1, post #159
Mind your own business or is this you, an alias? Who else are you

Iamannoyingperson
Plagiarist
Trombone
Setofdrums
geriatric
Guitar
Isitinmyroomalldaywanking
Imoldandhavenothingelsetodo
Imtoooldmysavingshavegone
Ihavenofriends

because these members have irritated me recently

21 hours ago, xylophone said:
22 hours ago, VYCM said:

I try not to be "surly", but have to say that the responses by some folk would surely result in a surly disposition on my part and from other diligent and careful drivers of my age.

I don’t sit in my room all day with my 17 inch screen instantly replying to comments.

I have a life and reply to comments on the fly from my Smart phone with its 5.8 inch screen and big fingers, also no spell check.

It’s petty of you to pick me up on a Typo, Mr Plagiarist.

Edited by VYCM

On 1/15/2020 at 3:23 PM, mauGR1 said:

Everybody is guaranteed to end there, but a few of us manage to get old before that.

With some effort and a bit of luck you'll get old too ????

Trust me, in my German WW2 tanks, I am very far to die...

• Haha 1

On 1/15/2020 at 3:58 PM, xylophone said:

You have got to be a troll or someone from a country where English is not your native language, because you just don't seem to get it, and because of this, it is you who are so funny.

The statistics I posted and those available elsewhere do not backup your assertion......... but then again carrying on with that, you may eventually be proven right that "farang dies at age 85 when driving a motorbike" because he would be well past his use by date anyway.

As I have said before, there are plenty of older farangs driving motorbikes here, quite competently and much more so than the average Thai.

I will try to forgive you because you are seemingly a newbie from another country and probably don't understand much.......

You can try to convince you about anything you want, you will end up there faster than me anyway.