High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)

SoSoCNX

1 hour ago, BlackJack said:

the meds are expensive as they are imported however i read there is generic brands but no pharmacy I have been to sells the generics?   Anyone know where to buy the cheaper ones - currently my friend is on Blopress 16md per day

Wife takes Blopress 8mg per day which from large private hospital costs 27 baht so expect from pharmacy would be much less and 16mg also available so likely savings there also.  (but I am a bit jaded having had cancer drugs costing over 3,000 baht per pill this year).  The below are the listed brands available in Thailand.

image.png.73c8fff66196c9f4a9c8076a48382129.png

Todesaar is available at 645 baht for 30 (21.5

baht each) from

http://drugstorebangkok.com/product/todesaar-16-mg-candesartan-30s/

Edited by lopburi3

1 hour ago, BlackJack said:

the meds are expensive as they are imported however i read there is generic brands but no pharmacy I have been to sells the generics?   Anyone know where to buy the cheaper ones - currently my friend is on Blopress 16md per day

Where in Thailand?

31 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Wife takes Blopress 8mg per day which from large private hospital costs 27 baht so expect from pharmacy would be much less and 16mg also available so likely savings there also.  (but I am a bit jaded having had cancer drugs costing over 3,000 baht per pill this year). 

What drugs are those may I ask please?

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Lenvima 

The generic name for that drug is lenvatinib, yes THB 3000 per tablet is very expensive and would only be obtainable from a hospital. Are you being supplied by a private hospital or a government hospital? If private you may want to find out how much a government hospital would charge, it could be cheaper.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chris.B said:

The generic name for that drug is lenvatinib, yes THB 3000 per tablet is very expensive and would only be obtainable from a hospital. Are you being supplied by a private hospital or a government hospital? If private you may want to find out how much a government hospital would charge, it could be cheaper.

It was a private hospital and stopped use after about 25 days due to serious side effects (my insurance paid 85% but can not justify use to myself with or without side effects).  These are the kind of prices that make people justifiably upset at the current drug supply system.  In USA it costs about $19,000 for 60 day supply at full dosage.

21 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

It was a private hospital and stopped use after about 25 days due to serious side effects (my insurance paid 85% but can not justify use to myself with or without side effects).  These are the kind of prices that make people justifiably upset at the current drug supply system.  In USA it costs about $19,000 for 60 day supply at full dosage.

I agree with you. The drug companies crow about the wonder drugs they have, then set the price so high the average person can't afford the treatment. Disgusting behaviour denying people treatment to serious illnesses.

You say you have stopped taking the drug, does that mean you are not being treated?

13 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

I agree with you. The drug companies crow about the wonder drugs they have, then set the price so high the average person can't afford the treatment. Disgusting behaviour denying people treatment to serious illnesses.

You say you have stopped taking the drug, does that mean you are not being treated?

Still treating with observation (MRI) every 3 months and when able will continue to remove with RFA (which has worked twice now).  Drug was to reduce chance of new tumors rather than end stage treatment for a few extra days as is often the case.  Have no desire to try other drug options but understand some people feel they must.

12 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Still treating with observation (MRI) every 3 months and when able will continue to remove with RFA (which has worked twice now).  Drug was to reduce chance of new tumors rather than end stage treatment for a few extra days as is often the case.  Have no desire to try other drug options but understand some people feel they must.

move to cancer page

On 10/4/2020 at 3:45 PM, BlackJack said:

Try at Fascinos but if they don"t carry any of the generic brands then may need to either buy online from a Bkk pharmacy or come to Bkk to purchase.

Be sure to ask by local brand name. See Lopburi's post.