Phuket: Ladyboy death - farang claims she jumped, mum says it was murder

webfact

Phuket: Ladyboy death - farang claims she jumped, mum says it was murder

1pm.jpg.ad3bf1e83ba90611f32b3fbc5a85ea61.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Phuket police are investigating the death of a 28 year old ladyboy yesterday. The farang who took her for sex claims she jumped from the balcony of his hotel after going through his possessions. 

But family and friends say there is no way she would have killed herself. She didn't need money and was not stressed out. 

They are demanding a transparent police investigation claiming that it was murder. 

Lt-Col Jessada Saengsuree deputy chief of police went to find 28 year old Apinyo Kaewkhao dead after falling from the seventh floor. She had a broken neck and facial injuries, reported Daily News. 

The body was taken to Patong Hospital for autopsy. 

Ramasan A. from Turkey said that he had been out with a compatriot friend to the bars in Soi Bangla, Patong. He took a ladyboy to his room and the friend took a woman. They had separate rooms. 

He told police that while he was taking a shower he heard the sound of the victim rifling through his possessions and getting his key card. He confronted her and she tried to get away via the balcony, he claimed. 

After stopping her he said that Apinyo then went to the friend's room and knocked and spoke to the woman there. 

After walking to and fro in the friend's room she headed to the balcony, he said. Her final act was to take the hand of the woman and say: "I'm going now". (In Thai: พี่ไปก่อน Phee pai gorn)

Then she allegedly jumped. 

Apinyo's mother Amphan, 62, and father Thawee, 64, dismissed this as nonsense saying they believe their son was murdered. 

She had called earlier at 9.30 pm and there was no sign of any problem. She had transferred 3,000 baht to her mother. They described her as the main bread-winner of the family who had no money problems and was loved by all. 

They called for a full investigation. 

Daily News also spoke to a 28 year old ladyboy friend of the victim who they called Mr A. 

She echoed the parents' assessment of the case saying that Apinyo loved herself and was scared of heights. She had no need to steal from a tourist. 

And if she did she wouldn't have jumped from the seventh floor. 

Mr A said that the victim did not know the woman in the other room and there is no way she would have taken her hand then said that she was going to end it all. 

Mr A called for a transparent investigation from the police. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-09

37 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Am I wrong in stating, if roles were reversed, and it was the farang that took the header, this case would be wrapped up with the BIB issuing a statement that indeed it was a suicide? I think not... In fact it has happened at least two times,  that I recall. And due to my issues with premature senility,  likely means there were more.  ????

The perp isn't a farang (despite the thread header).

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Its very sad that most farangs do not know the rules of engagement 

vis a vis hos.

The first thing you do upon entering your room is make a very obvious show of removing your valuables...

wallet, ring, chain etc...and putting it in your room safe. This clearly says....all I have is now secured.

They won't steal anything after that...except perhaps your heart.

If a ladyboy is discovered, apologise profusely, go over to the safe and remove100-200 bit and say 'for taxi'.

If the boy doesnt budge, secure all sharp objects, toss them under the bed...then call reception and say

lady make problem in loom.

How hard is that?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Its very sad that most farangs do not know the rules of engagement 

vis a vis hos.

The first thing you do upon entering your room is make a very obvious show of removing your valuables...

wallet, ring, chain etc...and putting it in your room safe. This clearly says....all I have is now secured.

They won't steal anything after that...except perhaps your heart.

If a ladyboy is discovered, apologise profusely, go over to the safe and remove100-200 bit and say 'for taxi'.

If the boy doesnt budge, secure all sharp objects, toss them under the bed...then call reception and say

lady make problem in loom.

How hard is that?

you put all your valuables in the rooms safe before you go out for the evening, only taking your phone, key and enough money for the evening, thats the most you can lose then. (roof safe not impregnable but at least items covered by travel insurance if in it and can use a spy cam clock pointed at it). As for jewellery - its stupid to take any on holiday anyway 

Edited by Lionrock2312
typo

Of course upset the family mother lose the wage earner.no more money from farangs now.she was caught and only way out the balcony.wonder how many times she got away with this.blame the farangs and hope they get something from him also if u take someone to the room I agree put everything in the safe leave nothing to steal and do what u do then.take her id unless downstairs have it allready.turn her phone off continue 

• Confused 1