Phuket: Ladyboy death - farang claims she jumped, mum says it was murder

webfact

8 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Guess one muslim could not handle the alcohol and got blinded to reality 

What makes you so sure he was a practising Muslim?

Major Religions in Turkey

Sunni Islam - 65%. The word Sunni comes from Arabic word sunnah,...

Other Islam - 13%. Those who are classified as "other Islam" do not identify with any...

Irreligion - 7%. Agnostic or atheist Turks compose around 7% of the population.

Spiritual but Not Religious - 6%. Similar to the aforementioned religious category,...

Ramasan is the Turkish pronunciation of Ramadan,the fasting month in the lunar calendar if Islam.Moslems have the habit of giving their male children the name of the lunar month they are born in,particularly Ramadan,being the holiest of those months.The spelling differs from one Moslem country to another,depending on the mother tongue(Arabic,Turkish,Malay,Indonesian...etc).The first name of Ardogan,the Turkish president,is Receb(Ragab) which is another holy Moslem month.

• Like 2

The family  indicated that their son(daughter)was in no need for money and that they were living well????????????????.So,was he(she)used to going with Farangs to their hotel rooms just for the fun of it????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IAMHERE said:

The penalty for 'trying' to steal from a farang is a couple wai's and maybe 1000 baht for the BIB's time. Why would you jump from 7 floors up when the penalty for getting caught is so little?  I hope the cops checked the guys knuckles to see if he'd smacked someone in the face lately. Why would you go next door to see a girl and then come back into the room to jump from the balcony? I'd think once outside the room you'd run. You try hearing something outside the restroom while taking a shower. I hope the BIB take this death seriously, seems an easy one to solve. 

Fat brown envelope say death by misadventure, everyone happy......NEXT!!!

very sad story. through thai friends i knew of a lb that jumped from the roof of a apartment building. was gainfully employed also.

there is an exceptionally high suicide rate among the transgender population. i cant say what actually happened buta suicide jump would not be out of the question.

ps; also seemed to be doing fine and happy

Edited by atyclb
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, loll said:

The family  indicated that their son(daughter)was in no need for money and that they were living well????????????????.So,was he(she)used to going with Farangs to their hotel rooms just for the fun of it????

Bread winner of the family, perhapd earned a living entertain other consenting adults, or otherwise.

8 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Bread winner of the family, perhapd earned a living entertain other consenting adults, or otherwise.

its pretty much the only job they can do that gives them enough money to afford all the surgeries needed to get out of their boy's body.  It's usually that or live as an ugly looking weird thing, unless they are born out of a wealthy family.

Very sad, its very different than for girls. 

• Like 1

Apinyo's mother Amphan, 62, and father Thawee, 64, dismissed this as nonsense saying they believe their son was murdered. 

She had called earlier at 9.30 pm and there was no sign of any problem. 

Daily News also spoke to a 28 year old ladyboy friend of the victim who they called Mr A. 

Confused?   Is a son a he or a she? Is a ladyboy a he or a she?

3 minutes ago, sambum said:

Apinyo's mother Amphan, 62, and father Thawee, 64, dismissed this as nonsense saying they believe their son was murdered. 

She had called earlier at 9.30 pm and there was no sign of any problem. 

Daily News also spoke to a 28 year old ladyboy friend of the victim who they called Mr A. 

Confused?   Is a son a he or a she? Is a ladyboy a he or a she?

Perhaps  read post #65

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, RawboneFunksta said:

I am not politically correct or someone who thinks free speech should be banned. I am also not someone who thinks governments should legislate to force folks to use certain pronouns, however, if somebody asked me to or if I was very aware that using a pronoun, for example, 'he' when the individuals choice was 'she' made her uncomfortable, I would use their pronoun of choice. Politeness and respect costs nothing instead making the user a better person and the bearer of the pronoun happier. It's a win/win choice. 

Flying in the face of such English and Thai conventions of politeness is an active, pedantic choice and although biologically correct (and no ladyboy in Thailand ever tries to convince anyone they are biological females or marches in the streets to insist or calls even the meanest of misgender-ers terms like 'transphobic' or 'Nazi' as trans people often do in the west) it reveals an awful lot about the person doing the misgendering, none of it good. 

A rag like Thai visa referring to ladyboys as 'he' is irresponsible and crass. Posters like those of you at pains to point out that 'ladyboys are not she' need to cultivate a little largesse and tolerance in your nasty little soul. We all know that ladyboys are not biologically female and so do they no matter how much their heart yearns so there is no need to keep reminding us or them. The poor girl is f****** dead and still you must persist in cowardly meanness. Don't be alarmed that if you don't make similar remarks every time the subject is raised somebody else may think that you are gay. Nobody cares

"A rag like Thai visa referring to ladyboys as 'he' is irresponsible and crass."

The ladyboy called "Mr A" didn't seem to be complaining!

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

You know this as a fact?

Well, he/she seemed to be giving information to the Press willingly!

"Daily News also spoke to a 28 year old ladyboy friend of the victim who they called Mr A. 

She echoed the parents' assessment of the case saying that Apinyo loved herself and was scared of heights."

Why not "Miss A"?

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1

I think things went sour when the Turkish guy discovered that 'she' is actually a he after she got naked.

She demanded money from the Turkish guy but he refused to pay her. 

As far as I know in Islam, it is illegal for a man to dress up like a woman and homosexuals are seen as abomination in their religion. Most probably, the Turkish guy doesn't even know what  a ladyboy is before this incident.

Yes, I agree with her family...

16 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I think things went sour when the Turkish guy discovered that 'she' is actually a he after she got naked.

She demanded money from the Turkish guy but he refused to pay her. 

As far as I know in Islam, it is illegal for a man to dress up like a woman and homosexuals are seen as abomination in their religion. Most probably, the Turkish guy doesn't even know what  a ladyboy is before this incident.

Yes, I agree with her family...

yes but Phuket isn't under Sharia Law!

- it isn't is it? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, tifino said:

yes but Phuket isn't under Sharia Law!

Phuket isn't under Sharia Law but most devout Muslims are homophobic.

Even in Christian countries in ancient times, homosexuals were oppressed. Even now, there are still Christians who view homosexuals as 'sinners' and 'deserve to be burn in hell'. It's 'god's words'... both Islam and Christianity state.

Read story below.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/feb/09/christian-preacher-gay-men-burn-hell

PS. I am just quoting their mentality but I don't condone it.

Edited by EricTh

35 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

You are not comparing like with like. Falang is a term used to describe foreigners, whether male or female. A ladyboy is term used to describe a biological man pretending to be a woman.

I don't have a problem - big or small - in recognising this reality. So the problem appears to be yours, and one of delusion.

Farang is a term to describe white Westerner, which this guy isn't. Ladyboys prefer to be known as "she", which is something you have difficulty accepting. Your problem, no one else's.

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Farang is a term to describe white Westerner, which this guy isn't. Ladyboys prefer to be known as "she", which is something you have difficulty accepting. Your problem, no one else's.

It would be worthwhile for you to investigate the origins and colloquial use of the word falang before seeking to define it for the benefit of Forum members such as myself. You will find it has a broader application than you ascribe.

As for ladyboys, I will bow to your obviously greater first-hand knowledge of the genre and what they prefer to be called. But whatever a ladyboy's personal preference, nothing can change the biological reality that they are men presenting as women.

If ever I were to meet a ladyboy, I would have no objection to using female pronouns, as a matter of courtesy, if this was their wish. However, by doing so I would simply be endorsing a delusion. 

No big deal. Wasn't it Voltaire who described illusion as the first of all pleasures?

Edited by Krataiboy
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

OP says that he was from Turkey.

Parts of Turkey lie in continental Europe.

And "Farang" does not refer to country of citizenship.

Edited by tgw