Phuket: Ladyboy death - farang claims she jumped, mum says it was murder

webfact

4 hours ago, sambum said:

Apinyo's mother Amphan, 62, and father Thawee, 64, dismissed this as nonsense saying they believe their son was murdered. 

She had called earlier at 9.30 pm and there was no sign of any problem. 

Daily News also spoke to a 28 year old ladyboy friend of the victim who they called Mr A. 

Confused?   Is a son a he or a she? Is a ladyboy a he or a she?

Just as likely to be the translator swapping pronouns, or the reporter, or the editor.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WinnieTheKhwai said:

No need, the experts on Thaivisa will have this solved in no time at all. ❤️

yeah just like the case a few years ago where I think there were four ladyboys that claimed a farang jumped out of the window to his death after they struggled to stop him.  There will not be any followup posted

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Farang is a term to describe white Westerner, which this guy isn't. Ladyboys prefer to be known as "she", which is something you have difficulty accepting. Your problem, no one else's.

Agree. Farang doesn't refer to all foreigners, it only refers to white westerners. 

The original word came from Farang-set which is the Thai word for Francaise pronounced as 'Fron Say' i.e. French. 

Edited by EricTh

6 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

It would be worthwhile for you to investigate the origins and colloquial use of the word falang before seeking to define it for the benefit of Forum members such as myself. You will find it has a broader application than you ascribe.

5 hours ago, tgw said:

Parts of Turkey lie in continental Europe.

And "Farang" does not refer to country of citizenship.

The guy's Turkish. Turks aren't farangs.

Edited by DannyCarlton

Some of them ladyboys play a dangerous game I do know some who are good looking and need to spend a lot of money, it's all part of their game to be able to get a guy who doesn't know it's a He not a She, a few year back I knew one in Patong who got a boyfriend and for 3 months she didnt tell him and he didnt know, when he found out he topped himself,

I have even asked them do you tell the guy and they have said no, upto you!

On 1/9/2020 at 9:19 AM, RandolphGB said:

I’m sure police will get to the bottom of it. 

maybe the police cant be arsed ! one thing that the story he told to police does not match up , he says he was in the shower and heard ladyboy going through his items , why would you take a ladyboy back to your room and shower alone ?????, think they must have had a fight and ladyboy fell over balcony 

14 hours ago, tgw said:

And "Farang" does not refer to country of citizenship.

Actually,
Farang refers to the first wave of French "travellers" several centuries ago. "Khun Farancia"
Around 1965 I believe, the meaning changed to Caucasian.

18 hours ago, sambum said:

Apinyo's mother Amphan, 62, and father Thawee, 64, dismissed this as nonsense saying they believe their son was murdered. 

She had called earlier at 9.30 pm and there was no sign of any problem. 

Daily News also spoke to a 28 year old ladyboy friend of the victim who they called Mr A. 

Confused?   Is a son a he or a she? Is a ladyboy a he or a she?

Get over it already

18 minutes ago, KKr said:

Actually,
Farang refers to the first wave of French "travellers" several centuries ago. "Khun Farancia"
Around 1965 I believe, the meaning changed to Caucasian.

A new one on me. Try watching the video in the link in post #95 for a more generally accepted explanation.

Edited by DannyCarlton

It is notorious that it's always suicide when a foreigner falls from a balcony without any investigation but when a Thai citizen had a fall it's probably a murder. There are too many foreign people falling to their death in Thailand to be suicides in my opinion. It's a convenient method for getting rid of a person. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

A new one on me. Try watching the video in the link in post #95 for a more generally accepted explanation.

could not find that link, but believe me, did not make this theory about origin of the word "farang" up myself.
It is a logical development of language, including an usual bastardisation of the mother word in line with pronunciation differences between French and Thai language: introduction of a vowel (similar to Kanor instead of Knorr ???? ) and replacing the consonant "R" with a "L"
A proper Academically trained Assistent Professor of Thai language teaches this.

Edited by KKr

On 1/9/2020 at 8:46 AM, webfact said:

Phuket police are investigating the death of a 28 year old ladyboy yesterday. The farang who took her for sex claims she jumped from the balcony of his hotel after going through his possessions. 

She? Who? Call me old-fashioned, but a ladyboy is a 'boy', so not a 'she', otherwise the word would be 'boylady'... Or is, say, a 'ladykiller' always female?

On 1/10/2020 at 3:18 PM, yawg said:

It is notorious that it's always suicide when a foreigner falls from a balcony without any investigation but when a Thai citizen had a fall it's probably a murder (...)

The cops here are notoriously lazy, so ruling a foreigner's death a "suicide" or an "accident" saves them a lot of work and 'face' if they're incompetent. Unfortunate for them, if the victim is Thai, there is more direct pressure to actually investigate.

Edited by StayinThailand2much

On 1/10/2020 at 3:18 PM, yawg said:

(...) There are too many foreign people falling to their death in Thailand to be suicides in my opinion. It's a convenient method for getting rid of a person. 

Or the foreigner, who, years ago, was found hanging from a Bangkok bridge, head almost severed, and a plastic bag over his head... Also ruled "suicide"!

On 1/9/2020 at 3:39 PM, webfact said:

PHUKET: A Turkish man remains under investigation as a possible suspect involved in the death of a 28-year-old Thai ladyboy who fell from a seventh-floor balcony at a hotel in Patong on Tuesday night (Jan 7).

Nothing about 'murder'. Being under 'investigation' in this situation is normal.