BANGKOK
webfact

Phuket: Ladyboy death - farang claims she jumped, mum says it was murder

On 1/9/2020 at 9:00 AM, harriott456 said:

haha yes, as always, i'm surprised at the amount of super sleuths that have joined this site, maybe there should be a name change to TVCSI !

No, just bored sadistic old men. 

On 1/9/2020 at 1:54 AM, ianezy0 said:

I would not want to be Mr Ramasan at this point in time.

They want money. Especially as they are claiming that he was the main breadwinner.

20 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

A new one on me. Try watching the video in the link in post #95 for a more generally accepted explanation.

could not find that link, but believe me, did not make this theory about origin of the word "farang" up myself.
It is a logical development of language, including an usual bastardisation of the mother word in line with pronunciation differences between French and Thai language: introduction of a vowel (similar to Kanor instead of Knorr 😉 ) and replacing the consonant "R" with a "L"
A proper Academically trained Assistent Professor of Thai language teaches this.

Edited by KKr

So heart breaking...yet another jumper AGAIN!  I wish this jumping would stop.  RIP.

On 1/9/2020 at 8:46 AM, webfact said:

Phuket police are investigating the death of a 28 year old ladyboy yesterday. The farang who took her for sex claims she jumped from the balcony of his hotel after going through his possessions. 

She? Who? Call me old-fashioned, but a ladyboy is a 'boy', so not a 'she', otherwise the word would be 'boylady'... Or is, say, a 'ladykiller' always female?

On 1/10/2020 at 3:18 PM, yawg said:

It is notorious that it's always suicide when a foreigner falls from a balcony without any investigation but when a Thai citizen had a fall it's probably a murder (...)

The cops here are notoriously lazy, so ruling a foreigner's death a "suicide" or an "accident" saves them a lot of work and 'face' if they're incompetent. Unfortunate for them, if the victim is Thai, there is more direct pressure to actually investigate.

Edited by StayinThailand2much

On 1/10/2020 at 3:18 PM, yawg said:

(...) There are too many foreign people falling to their death in Thailand to be suicides in my opinion. It's a convenient method for getting rid of a person. 

Or the foreigner, who, years ago, was found hanging from a Bangkok bridge, head almost severed, and a plastic bag over his head... Also ruled "suicide"!

On 1/9/2020 at 3:39 PM, webfact said:

PHUKET: A Turkish man remains under investigation as a possible suspect involved in the death of a 28-year-old Thai ladyboy who fell from a seventh-floor balcony at a hotel in Patong on Tuesday night (Jan 7).

Nothing about 'murder'. Being under 'investigation' in this situation is normal.