Recommendations for a Urologist in CM please.

JimmyJ

Search the recent threads as there have been several. Unfortunately nobody has an answer for you. The better urologists are all in Bangkok. A couple of members have recently recommended a younger guy who does not have his own clinic but who practices out of Bangkok C.M. Hospital. I can't recall his name but he is mentioned in the recent threads. Good luck.

• Like 1

I haven't needed the services of a Urologist but my son's school sent a list of doctors and dentists recommended by other parents yesterday. Here are the recommended Urologists:

Urology

Dr. Supon Sriplakij Urosurgeon

Chiangmai Ram I Hospital Surgical & Orthopedic Clinic, 1st floor

Tue, Fri 5 pm-8 pm Sun. 9-11 am

Dr. Phitsanu Mahawong Urologist & Pediatric Urologist (highly recommended)

Chiangmai Ram I Hospital Surgical & Orthopedic Clinic, 1st floor

Mon 4:30-6:30 pm/Sat 1 pm-3 pm  

Hope this helps !

• Like 1

Unfortunately the above are part of a clique of CMU faculty that are set in their old ways of doing things, not interested in new technology (even though they author papers about it). Usually the answer to everything is "not available in C.M." One in particular doesn't even like to answer any questions or offer any feedback/suggestions.....

Another thing about this clique is that they are very quick to recommend invasive procedures before trying other treatments first.

Go to Bangkok...

Edited by elektrified
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

To resurrect this thread...

I too was in need of a Urologist in Chiang Mai at the end of 2019 for a diagnosed benign kidney tumor (angiomyolipoma 7cmx4cm)

My internet searches brought up Ajan Bannakit who no longer practices but I managed to track him down at his evening clinic. After examining my ultrasound results he confirmed the tumor had to be removed and recommended Ajan Supon at Chiang Mai Ram.

There do not appear to be any posted experiences on Thai Visa with Ajan Supon  other than him being listed as one of the Urologists at Chiang Mai Ram (he also practices at Sriphat Hospital but only once a week).

I met him at Ram Hospital and he appeared to be confident and clear about what my options were and the best surgery to deal with my case. I obtained two more opinions one from a top hospital in Bangkok and the third from a private NHS surgeon in UK.

Of the three opinions I had the most confidence in Ajan Supon’s recommendation of robotic keyhole surgery at Sriphat Hospital where they have the DaVinci robot machine.

I had the surgery done on 11th January and was back home two days later with very little discomfort and only antibiotic medication. Dr Supon managed to save my kidney and remove all of the tumor.   The aftercare from Dr Supon was excellent as was the nursing care at Sriphat Hospital.

I have now had a follow up scan one month later, wounds all healing nicely both internally and externally and no on-going medication or life restrictions required.

A great result and I highly recommend Ajan Supon.

I hope this post is helpful for those following in my footsteps.

E

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

For my kidney stone, I used a young male at bkk hospital CM...would have to check records for name

I was pleased in how he proceeded with treatment...Put surgery as a lower step priority which eventually I did not need...

would recommend

Wittiwat?

6 hours ago, eloigorri said:

To resurrect this thread...

I too was in need of a Urologist in Chiang Mai at the end of 2019 for a diagnosed benign kidney tumor (angiomyolipoma 7cmx4cm)

My internet searches brought up Ajan Bannakit who no longer practices but I managed to track him down at his evening clinic. After examining my ultrasound results he confirmed the tumor had to be removed and recommended Ajan Supon at Chiang Mai Ram.

There do not appear to be any posted experiences on Thai Visa with Ajan Supon  other than him being listed as one of the Urologists at Chiang Mai Ram (he also practices at Sriphat Hospital but only once a week).

I met him at Ram Hospital and he appeared to be confident and clear about what my options were and the best surgery to deal with my case. I obtained two more opinions one from a top hospital in Bangkok and the third from a private NHS surgeon in UK.

Of the three opinions I had the most confidence in Ajan Supon’s recommendation of robotic keyhole surgery at Sriphat Hospital where they have the DaVinci robot machine.

I had the surgery done on 11th January and was back home two days later with very little discomfort and only antibiotic medication. Dr Supon managed to save my kidney and remove all of the tumor.   The aftercare from Dr Supon was excellent as was the nursing care at Sriphat Hospital.

I have now had a follow up scan one month later, wounds all healing nicely both internally and externally and no on-going medication or life restrictions required.

A great result and I highly recommend Ajan Supon.

I hope this post is helpful for those following in my footsteps.

E

There are many posted experiences with Dr. Supon as he has been in practice for many, many years. He is a close colleague of Ajarn Bannakit, who is my urologist. Dr. Supon practices at several locations.

Having said that, I don't recommend him for routine visits or clinical procedures (prostate, UTI, biopsies, etc.) as he does not have the best bedside manner and does not like to answer questions, give prognosis or feedback. For specialized surgery like the robot - I would think he is competent and certainly experienced.

Edited by elektrified

12 hours ago, elektrified said:

There are many posted experiences with Dr. Supon as he has been in practice for many, many years. He is a close colleague of Ajarn Bannakit, who is my urologist. Dr. Supon practices at several locations.

Having said that, I don't recommend him for routine visits or clinical procedures (prostate, UTI, biopsies, etc.) as he does not have the best bedside manner and does not like to answer questions, give prognosis or feedback. For specialized surgery like the robot - I would think he is competent and certainly experienced.

I can only judge from my own experience, which l am highly satisfied with.

i have yet to meet a surgeon with a decent bedside manner, of any nationality.

For me competency trumps anything else and l did not find Ajan's bedside manner objectionable in anyway.

As to answering questions, l bombarded him with many over several consultations and post surgery which were answered to my satisfaction.

His prognosis was also very clear and accurate as it turns out.

Cheers. E

• Like 1