New Bore Development Scheme

Just been to a meeting where an army assistance program was explained, unfortunately in Thai. If anyone can supply more information or clarification I would be grateful.

This is what I understand the scheme to be about. Groups of seven (or more) farmers form a co-op (totaling over 15 rai of land) to develop a 6" bore. Solar panels, pump and 20,000 litre water tower are supplied with piping to allow all seven to use the water (must be close together meaning limited piping?). If you pay 30K baht/per group you get on the short list. Others will be in a "sometime" queue. 

Anybody else looked into this?

2 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

That sounds terrific! If you go to the solar guy in Wang Si Pun your pocket would be lightened 100.000+ baht for the same thing.  Can you get a web page link in Thai?

No link available that I can get. Personally I would pay for the whole thing but I can't get 6 others to sign on. Plus experience tells me that if some of those neighbours did use the system it would not last long then the contest would be who pays for repairs. Thinking at the moment of paying for them to sign without using. It is a great deal technically.

How can it be a good deal ??? What size pump and panels are they giving you ? 20000 litres will take a lot of solar to produce each day, then if you could pump that much from a six inch bore in a day of solar availability (doubt it) split between 7 users is what ? 2800 litres per person per day, not much. Then how do you keep one somchai from burning thru the whole 20k for himself ? Waste of time and effort getting involved with this project (pipe dream). I would rather have my own well and pump/tank than deal with the thai gov.

2 hours ago, IsaanAussie said:

Thinking at the moment of paying for them to sign without using. It is a great deal technically.

Because of our location and involvement the army pays us visit all the time. A couple years back there was talk of them doing a pond dig such as the one we complete, cost was to be free. Nothing ever came of that as to the bore scheme zero motion of that. I am aware of 500 artesian wells to be bored with the armies enrollment.

5 hours ago, ireckonso said:

How can it be a good deal ??? What size pump and panels are they giving you ? 20000 litres will take a lot of solar to produce each day, then if you could pump that much from a six inch bore in a day of solar availability (doubt it) split between 7 users is what ? 2800 litres per person per day, not much. Then how do you keep one somchai from burning thru the whole 20k for himself ? Waste of time and effort getting involved with this project (pipe dream). I would rather have my own well and pump/tank than deal with the thai gov.

For 30k baht that is a pretty sweet deal......sharing it with 6 others not so.  IssanAussie got the right idea!  Maybe pump 4 GPM (16L/m) which would give 240 GPH and if it ran 8 hours that's 1920 GPD (7680L).  7 families would knock a hole in that number!  

Archived