Billion baht Indians are the answer! TAT go to New Delhi all guns blazing for more Indian tourists

webfact

2 hours ago, Mavideol said:

I guess their trip to China wooing Chinese didn't went as expected, let's try India and next month they will try billion baht Bangladesh 555

TAT have been targeting India for some time.  Obvious really as after China they have the fastest growing economy in the world.  But they are not alone with this strategy.  Many countries are doing the same including the UK.  It is just sound business sense. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

A large delegation of enthusiastic officials from the Tourism Authority of Thailand are once again trying to woo  Indians into visiting Thailand. 

A large group o TAT dreamers ...
I am sure that if you don't dream big, you have no chance to work for TAT!
You already have so many problems with your Chinese cousins, expect immense problems with the Indians!
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, keith101 said:

don't know why mega rich Indians would even consider Thailand as a go to place when there are so many more beautiful (not in drought conditions) places they can go to and probably safer as well .

What status is there for a mega rich Indian or for that matter a mega rich anyoone coming to Bangkok or Pattaya-  horrid pollution;  traffic jams;  very poor high end shopping and  restaurants that cannot even  find a bottle of wine that is on the menu.

Throw in a surly attitude toward Indians at Immigration and just about everywhere and they go elsewhere.  Mostly shopping at Rodeo Driver in Los Angeles; high end stores in London; the French Riviera and Monaco.

Just because you build it- doesnt mean anyone will come.  You got to have good players.

TAT would be much better off sitting down with  a group of long stayers and asking  for comments on why people don't come to Thailand anymore and how to fix it. They won't do it - because they can't handle the truth!!

• Like 2

They refused to allow the Chinese tourists to use their own (Chinese speaking) tourist guides.  The police slapped a Chines tourist in the face at the airport. Many Chinese have been scammed and report it back home on social media.  Etc.  And TAT wonders why they stopped coming.

The latest move sounds like pure desperation.

As a "foreigner" that pays taxes, has made major investments and has lived here for over 12 years, I no longer feel welcome.

Oh well, "Thailand is for Thais" and that is how it will end up.  Good luck with it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

I don't think you need a huge campaign to attract tourists from India.

Bangkok is the closest (and therefore cheapest) international fun city for them. They would

come even if mistreated.

Which they will be, as soon as they step into a taxi at the airport, eat the first meal in a restaurant, buy a drink in a bar, step onto a beach.... I could go on !

31 minutes ago, mal2018 said:

Great comment Peter. It's always puzzled me why a lot of people cannot spell the name of the main currency of the country they live in. I bet you a pined that it's not a local.

I think most of the 'bath' spellings are down to the auto correct on mobile phones and tablets

• Like 2

4 hours ago, keith101 said:

I don't know why mega rich Indians would even consider Thailand as a go to place when there are so many more beautiful (not in drought conditions) places they can go to and probably safer as well .

Where it say about “mega rich” Indians?

2 hours ago, FinChin67 said:

I suggest you look into mirror TAT and see the real reasons why people are not visiting Thailand.

39 million last year.

Things what I hear every day in Malaysia and China starting from the obvious high bath, visa issues and less than friendly immigration + all scams on top of that. All this has been discussed here many times over.

Discussed here, maybe the 39 million not read TVF.

If you need to go out and try to lure visitors then alarm bells should be ringing. Vietnam does not need to do the same. 

They are in New Delhi also. https://www.satte.in/Exhibitors-List

Vietnam not get 39 million. But good luck for them. And many other country. Tourism is a business. Thailand successful this business. 

We all know too well also that Indians and Chinese are really not that high spenders and the wealthy ones go elsewhere.

“We all know”.

hmmmmm

They really are so out of touch of the problems but I guess they will have it slapped on their faces once the people are starting to run out of money and food which is coming soon as Thais have very little or no savings at all.

Run out of food in Thailand? 

Pfffft

After i'd stopped laughing my backside off at the unfortunate name of the Chief, i'm beginning to realise that someone really high up on the pile really has a hard on so much about westerners that they're willing to destroy their country and inflict all kinds of nastiness on the little charmers from Isaan, but then again they probably despise them as much as the FARANGS !.......... I always knew stupidity was high on the list here, but this is getting scary..........  How stupid can you get ?

• Like 2