Billion baht Indians are the answer! TAT go to New Delhi all guns blazing for more Indian tourists

webfact

1 hour ago, sambum said:

"1.95 Indian tourist last year." 

Wonder what .95 of an Indian tourist looks like?

Lost the hand. Motorbike accident!

sorry, 1.95 million.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, White Christmas13 said:

Yinn I guess you have never been to Australia, yes it is a local wine but we have many good

wines here and yes you can buy imported wine as well. I live near a vineyard. I also used to

make my own wine years ago but now it is cheaper for me to buy wine at a bottle shop and more convenient.

Yes, but you say “thailand have no wine”

we do. Import. In the shop.

Even the supermarket sell import wine.

Not so long ago it was the Chinese, before that tne Jaoanese, Russians, Westerners and now Idians. 555

Thai are so fickle. So predictable. It just goes to show how desperate Thai are and how easily they change their mind plus loyalty,

WW2 riing any bells ???

Paradise ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Which they will be, as soon as they step into a taxi at the airport, eat the first meal in a restaurant, buy a drink in a bar, step onto a beach.... I could go on !

That’s just a pointless and ill informed /ignorant whinge 

A taxi from the airport to central BKK incl tolls is about a tenner, way way cheaper than any European capital, do you work for free ?  thousands of amazing restaurants to suit every taste, a beer in a decent bar is about the same as the U.K. (but most on here will be buying it far cheaper from 7-11) and there are hundreds of amazing beaches if you can be arsed to look for them.

Anyone getting ripped off here is someone who will get ripped off anywhere. 

• Confused 1

Why should Indian people travel to Thailand on holiday.
They have everything at home.
Dirty beaches.
Red light areas
Same dirty weather 2 hot in summer and Pollution in winter time.
Thailand here nothing to offer tourists overpriced goods made in China or in India.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

The really wealthy ones go to Europe for once a year or more. Why would they even consider Thailand? 

A lot closer, more reliable weather, more welcoming hosts? They do come already and TAT want more to.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

Most Indian are vegetarian or muslims, from what i know i don't think Thailand can cater theses requirement sufficiently enough, other then than, bring them in if you can... 

Most Indians are Hindus and NOT Muslims. Muslims are a minority there like less than 10%.

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

This thread have some foreigner not like Indian people. 

I like Indian people. I not like racist people.

many Thai also not like India people

call them khaek, not allow in bar, gogo...charge extra money...up to they

Thai people pray same god from India. But not like people India. (Except u)

very funnee this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JHolmesJr said:

very funnee this.

Indians may not be allowed in some gogo because indians are not stupid to spend 20000 in an hour over drinks. Gogos like stupid tourists. Indians have been known to be clever. 

2 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

very funnee this.

Many people are confused. Buddha is from Nepal and NOT India. He's not a god from India.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EricTh said:

Many people are confused. Buddha is from Nepal and NOT India. He's not a god from India.

Buddha recieved wisdom in India. And started preaching there. It was King Ashoka's son and daughter who spread the teachings of buddha to SE asia. 

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

This thread have some foreigner not like Indian people. 

I like Indian people. I not like racist people.

If you look at the comments from some foreigners, you know they don't like Indian, don't like Chinese and don't like Muslims. They only welcome Europeans and Americans to Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

Buddha recieved wisdom in India. And started preaching there. It was King Ashoka's son and daughter who spread the teachings of buddha to SE asia. 

While it is true that the Indians spread his teachings but Buddha isn't Indian.

Buddha didn't 'receive wisdom' in India (LOL), he got his wisdom when meditating under a Bodhi tree. You should go and read more Buddhist texts.

Wisdom can't be obtained in only one life, the key concepts of Buddhism is reincarnation.

Edited by EricTh

2 minutes ago, EricTh said:

If you look at the comments from some foreigners, you know they don't like Indian, don't like Chinese and don't like Muslims. They only welcome Europeans and Americans to Thailand.

yes i feel so. They are still living in the 1900s or before. 

I wonder people who pass such racist comments and have racist opinions ever bother to go back to their own fantasy land countries and see the real problems around there. 

4 minutes ago, EricTh said:

While it is true that the Indians spread his teachings but Buddha isn't Indian.

Buddha didn't 'receive wisdom' in India (LOL), he got his wisdom when meditating under a Bodhi tree. You should go and read more Buddhist texts.

Wisdom can't be obtained in only one life, the key concepts of Buddhism is reincarnation.

I dont want to argue but where was that tree located?? India.

And when the term India is used in these contexts, it doesn't always mean the current geographical boundaries of the Republic of India. India has always been a civilization full of immense knowledge and great wealth. India may also mean the lands where Indic/Indian culture was prevalent and that has always covered the current geographical area of the country of nepal. So it is not 100% factually wrong in saying Gautam Buddha was Indian. The current geographical boundaries didnt exist then and it was different back then

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

Most Indian are vegetarian or muslims, from what i know i don't think Thailand can cater theses requirement sufficiently enough, other then than, bring them in if you can... 

only 2 States in India is Muslim, I believe Kolkata and Kerala, I was in both

7 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

If numbers of Indian tourists do increase expect some fun and games!

They don't accept bad service and will tell em....and they will bargain longer than any thai can stand. They will cook in the watercookers of the hotel, sleep 6 people in a 2 bedroom and so on....

Yes i expect some fun in the news..

2 hours ago, Torrens54 said:

I never cease to be amazed by how low, the Naysayers and Negative Nellies are on this site.

You are too generous Sir.

Why not just call them what they are? Rabid, bigoted racists.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

And mostly, not Americans, either.  Nor Eastern Europeans.  With the East/West border being the English Channel.

Edit:  They're not especially fond of the Irish, either.

Edited by impulse

43 minutes ago, fruitman said:

They don't accept bad service and will tell em....and they will bargain longer than any thai can stand. They will cook in the watercookers of the hotel, sleep 6 people in a 2 bedroom and so on....

Yes i expect some fun in the news..

about 6 people in 2 bedroom, do u rally think tha hotel staff will let it happen. The max they allow is 3 adults in a double bedroom. and they charge extra for it. 

1 hour ago, Ireland32 said:

only 2 States in India is Muslim, I believe Kolkata and Kerala, I was in both

Kolkata is a city not a state. Its in West Bengal and mainly Hindu. Like 74% Hindu.

Kerala is a state but it's 55% Hindu and 26% Muslim.

You don't post much truth do you?

• Haha 1