BANGKOK
webfact

French nationals busted at Bangkok call centre

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Wondered why there were no Frenchmen playing bowls tonight near our pool

They worked in the afternoon and night, guess your frenchmen had do replace the arrested ones.

15 hours ago, webfact said:

Nine of them had tourist visas and were charged with working without a permit.

Have they copied from the Chinese ???

Hhmmm...some very petty bickering on this topic, but it seems clear to me - working without a work permit, or working in an occupation not covered by the work permit...DEPORTATION...with no option to return. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

They also have no say in this, i would expect 80% of this forum at least knows more about thai law than the average Thai cop - quite sure  the ga or judge will tell them to <deleted> off on that one.

'court-authorised search warrant'

When i click on the link ( The Nation ) I get this ..:wacko:

I would have liked to know some names and first names of these French ...

1854621508_Screenshot(59).png.bd967e5ab55198504eedcb61d96ca1f9.png

Edited by Assurancetourix

I never see the famous TM30 mentioned in these articles.  Is it the secret weapon that results in tracking down these infamous scum?  I suspect so, otherwise what point would there be to it? 🤔🙄

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, thequietman said:

So now, it seems clear that the previous announcement that you could work in other fields when you have a WP are nonsense. This is clearly not a job reserved for Thais due to the language needed to do it, so why couldn't this guy do the work.

We are told one thing and then find it is not the case! 

The truth of any situation relating to Immigration is always an unknown quantity

• Like 1

It doesn't take long for the locals to sus these places out whole bunch of farang arriving everyday and leaving, there was a villa near where I used to live once, something dodgy was definitely going on all arriving in red plated cars and trucks early morning nobody was ever there at night, they moved on eventually 

14 hours ago, EricTh said:

There are many forumers here who have argued with me in the past that it is completely legal to do online business (i.e. digital nomads) as long as:

1. You don't take jobs away from Thai people. 

2. Their online business is legal

3. The company is registered in a foreign country.

This case proves that it is ILLEGAL to do online business.

1. No jobs was taken away from Thai people as their clients were in France and Belgium.

2. Legal money transfer and taxation

3. Company is registered in Singapore (not in Thailand)

It was always a grey area. This puts more risk on coworking spaces. No one will know if you are working in your loom... provided you don’t need a ton of equipment.

18 hours ago, Momofarang said:

Hmmmhhh, are we going the hear more stories like that one in the coming months? Exit the digital nomads?

And anyone that checks a work email at the airport, right?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

That's also why i wouldn't care much about interpretion of laws by immigration police etc; that guy won't get into trouble, the other 9 will be deported imo.

I suspect that would be true if they caught him working by himself, or in a legal business.  But I think he'll be deported because he was working with a bunch of illegals.

Still a little disturbing because they were all banged up for working without work permits, and nowhere did they mention that it was because the business itself was illegal.  If I was a digital nomad working in a known shared workspace somewhere, I'd be a little concerned.  They may be fine.  Or they may not.

23 minutes ago, banagan said:

And anyone that checks a work email at the airport, right?

You do understand the difference between working full time in a dedicated and equipped space vs dashing off an e-mail poolside or in the airport, right?  Because I'm pretty sure the BIB do.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Incroyable ... mais vrai « unbelievable but true » for those ignorant in Molière’s language..😊

Frenchies must be desperate (and literraly stupid) to engage in illegal work. I’d be interested to know how much they were getting paid ? Thai wage ..? 

The Gilets Jaunes crisis in France must be biting hard .. 

But IF Thai cared to learn languages it would give them opportunities.. Non ?

Au revoir,