lost marriage certificate

GARY EDE

Hi i married my Philippina wife in Don Mueang on Oct 13 2017. i have lost my marriage certificate and need a thai and british translation copy urgently. i understand i need to give someone power of attorney. I could do with help from somebody who lives or works near the amphur. i tried to find the amphora telephone number on google but struggling a bit.

what about a quick trip back over to filoland?  ... assuming you completed that end of the paperwork (for her) during the past 2 years?

the replacement document will then already be in English, at least for the UK needs... 

one thing to consider is that mrs may have 'lost' her copy (before registering it back in filoland) so that there is no trace of her being married (in the eyes of her home country)  

36 minutes ago, GARY EDE said:

Hi i married my Philippina wife.....need a thai and british translation copy urgently.

A bit wary of this post.   

Worked with Filipinos and Filipinas for many years.   Phillipinas don't exist.  

British translations don't exist as British is not a language.  You would need an English translation.  Why would you need a "thai" translation, The marriage cert. if from Thailand so would already be in the Thai language I believe

Good luck sir.  Curious as why a Brit and Filipina would marry in Thailand where you dont know the language, Was the ceremony in English?

14 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

A bit wary of this post.   

Worked with Filipinos and Filipinas for many years.   Phillipinas don't exist.  

British translations don't exist as British is not a language.  You would need an English translation.  Why would you need a "thai" translation, The marriage cert. if from Thailand so would already be in the Thai language I believe

Good luck sir.  Curious as why a Brit and Filipina would marry in Thailand where you dont know the language, Was the ceremony in English?

you don't need to be wary of my post. I'm legit! i am British so i got English translation together with thai original. Our relationship is rocky so considering divorce but my wife is canny and hidden her copy and mine has conveniently disappeared!! We married in Thailand because she comes from southern Philippines where milim extremists operate. the british embassy advises not to travel there. We could have got married in another area of Philippines but the process seemed unnecessarily complicated. Thailands system was fairly straightforward.

41 minutes ago, ThaidDown said:

As far as I know replacement  marriage certificates (KR 3) are not issued.

You can however get a copy of the registry entry (KR 2) from any Amphur at a cost of  (I think) of 20 Baht.

i think i might have the KR2. so is this enough

7 minutes ago, steve187 said:
48 minutes ago, GARY EDE said:

i think i might have the KR2. so is this enough

is it enough for what purpose?

well... as per his OP:  asking if it is enough to have a filled out KR2, but without all the asked for Documentation?  

can see the confusion as; there is no existing ceretificate, for copying and translating

Archived