Hurt British royals try to find exit route for Harry and Meghan

webfact

The howls of outrage from the British tabloids are quite hypocritical in their assumption of the high moral ground. These are the same newspapers that were bugging people's phones in pursuit of salacious stories.

I don't have any problem with the couple wanting step back from a role where every thing they do is exhaustively scrutinized with an invariably negative slant, just because bad news sells. As an Australian, the sooner we become a republic and cast off an irrelevant institution, the better. Unfortunately, we still have a large rump of mentally immature people who think a royal family of prolific breeders 15,000 km away is worthwhile.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

That's a start!

When will the others follow suit?

????

Royal referendum.

Let the British people decide democratically,  if they wish to support the royals, or not ...

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tagged said:

but the rumors is still very much alive. 

Given the rumours I can't help but suspect that this could well be a well orchestrated event to maintain the "bloodline", between the two of them they would really screw up something that has been kept "pure" for many hundreds of years! 

Or maybe not! awful strange though, given how many hangers on/advisers they have that this just happened. :whistling:

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Queen Elizabeth, who has devoted her life to public duty

BS... The Queen is devoted to serving herself at taxpayers expense.

17 hours ago, webfact said:

WHO PAYS?

Opponents of the monarchy were scathing.

"Taxpayers will rightly ask who will be funding their overseas lifestyle, their extra security and trips back and forth between here and North America," said Graham Smith, head of the campaign group Republic, which wants to abolish the monarchy.

As for Harry, what is he going to do, sign on for Benefits? Good to see him wanting to stand on his own feet, though is he going to give up his country estate and titles? Hard life being a royal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

The Queen would win by a landslide.

At the death of each monarch the monarch to be puts it to the electorate to be or not to be. That is the question. It would also ensure that they had to be popular to ascend the throne. A democratic monarch - I like the sound of it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Markle.jpg.c1292e1e3e453abc4fa76bf1e04d2b82.jpg

1406899250_2020-01-1021_56_20.jpg.321845cdf75b2c3bcc4dea4ff1ac8379.jpg

Personally, I find it difficult to get too upset with her... as long as she refrains from gouging the British taxpayers.

PS - photos from her "Suits" U.S. TV series days.

Personally, I think Harvey Specter's secretary Donna is hotter, but each to his own.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Lacessit said:

The howls of outrage from the British tabloids are quite hypocritical in their assumption of the high moral ground. These are the same newspapers that were bugging people's phones in pursuit of salacious stories.

I don't have any problem with the couple wanting step back from a role where every thing they do is exhaustively scrutinized with an invariably negative slant, just because bad news sells. As an Australian, the sooner we become a republic and cast off an irrelevant institution, the better. Unfortunately, we still have a large rump of mentally immature people who think a royal family of prolific breeders 15,000 km away is worthwhile.

its something when a person can not get every other resident of his country to agree with him, so he brands them mentally immature

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lacessit said:

"If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech." (Ricky Gervais)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steve187 said:

its something when a person can not get every other resident of his country to agree with him, so he brands them mentally immature

Demonstrate your own maturity to me by explaining rationally how the British monarchy has any relevance whatsoever to Australians. BTW, every time one of the expanding brood comes to Australia, the taxpayers fork out millions for their cosseted journey.

On 1/10/2020 at 6:20 AM, canuckamuck said:

I really hope they can find a good apartment and some steady work. 

I trust Harry won't get his benefit money in America.

Joe Bloggs wouldn't so neither should a member of the Royal Family. They receive far more in welfare handouts than any UK citizens.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Prairieboy said:

I believe that Meghan is exposed each and every day to subtle, and not so subtle, forms of racism and as a couple they have had enough! 

Can you come up with any main stream media coverage that is 'racist' against her?, you might believe it but I don't think that is reality. There was a radio presenter who called her uppity if you have to clutch at straws. I think she has proven to be self centered and manipulative, public adoration of her has evaporated, and that is not the fault of the media

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I notice they want to use the Sussex name as part of their new "brand". Their new website name shows that.

They want to be a royal version of the Beckhams. 

There is a simple solution to this. The Royal family should disown them and cut them off entirely. Let them make money as civilian celebrities by slagging off the British on Oprah.

That would serve 2 purposes. Preserve the integrity of the Royal Family and highlight the awesomeness of William and Kate.

So pathetic how Harry has been pussy whipped by this manipulative actress.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Nothing says, "I couldn't care less about the losers who have to stay in the country that gave me my millions, I'm leaving suckers!!!"

I think Queen Eliz should get a few mansions in Cali and rock it out like a gangsta...

while sending selfies to the suckers in the rain and mess of Brexit

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Orton Rd said:

Should be a warning to all, this bloke was HAPPY until he got hitched to the princess of woke, now he looks as miserable as sin ????

He was warned by his mum when he was a kid, his brother and his many mates. He'll pretty soon learn living in the Markle bubble is a nightmare and come back to the family in time. 

• Like 1