BANGKOK
webfact

Hurt British royals try to find exit route for Harry and Meghan

6 minutes ago, Tagged said:

I was just taking a <deleted> of that Charles is not his real father, but the rumors is still very much alive. 

Had to google Rupert and Donkey Walloper! 

...it's pronounced 'Woopert' in the Guards & Household division 😊

• Haha 1

The howls of outrage from the British tabloids are quite hypocritical in their assumption of the high moral ground. These are the same newspapers that were bugging people's phones in pursuit of salacious stories.

I don't have any problem with the couple wanting step back from a role where every thing they do is exhaustively scrutinized with an invariably negative slant, just because bad news sells. As an Australian, the sooner we become a republic and cast off an irrelevant institution, the better. Unfortunately, we still have a large rump of mentally immature people who think a royal family of prolific breeders 15,000 km away is worthwhile.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

That's a start!

When will the others follow suit?

😋

Royal referendum.

Let the British people decide democratically,  if they wish to support the royals, or not ...

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tagged said:

but the rumors is still very much alive. 

Given the rumours I can't help but suspect that this could well be a well orchestrated event to maintain the "bloodline", between the two of them they would really screw up something that has been kept "pure" for many hundreds of years! 

Or maybe not! awful strange though, given how many hangers on/advisers they have that this just happened. :whistling:

Markle.jpg.c1292e1e3e453abc4fa76bf1e04d2b82.jpg

1406899250_2020-01-1021_56_20.jpg.321845cdf75b2c3bcc4dea4ff1ac8379.jpg

Personally, I find it difficult to get too upset with her... as long as she refrains from gouging the British taxpayers.

PS - photos from her "Suits" U.S. TV series days.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Queen Elizabeth, who has devoted her life to public duty

BS... The Queen is devoted to serving herself at taxpayers expense.

17 hours ago, webfact said:

WHO PAYS?

Opponents of the monarchy were scathing.

"Taxpayers will rightly ask who will be funding their overseas lifestyle, their extra security and trips back and forth between here and North America," said Graham Smith, head of the campaign group Republic, which wants to abolish the monarchy.

As for Harry, what is he going to do, sign on for Benefits? Good to see him wanting to stand on his own feet, though is he going to give up his country estate and titles? Hard life being a royal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

The Queen would win by a landslide.

At the death of each monarch the monarch to be puts it to the electorate to be or not to be. That is the question. It would also ensure that they had to be popular to ascend the throne. A democratic monarch - I like the sound of it. 

• Like 1

Off-topic post with meme removed.