Why do Foreigners marry a Thai Nationals?

SoSoCNX

My friend's cousin was visiting in the States. He was busy at work and it was my day off. He asked if I could take her, and her cousin, to Disneyland. 

We hit it off. And, 4 years later, we married.

I believe that's how it's done.

• Like 1

@SoSoCNX said: 'I, for one, do not see any real benefit to a foreigner'.

Well, if you don't see any benefit, don't do it.

Those of us who have married a 'foreigner' (as you demeaningly put it) have a variety of reasons for doing so, none of which are anything to do with you O/P.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Momofarang said:

You need only 400000 in the bank, or 40000 as monthly incomes. I also anticipate a sharp rise in the numbers due to the health insurance requirement.

Financially speaking you'd be ahead of the game putting 800K in Thai bank and not having a wife or steady g/f for that matter.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Financially speaking you'd be ahead of the game putting 800K in Thai bank and not having a wife or steady g/f for that matter.

Let me try to work out: 10 years by 100 boombooms a year by 2000 Bahts that 2000000  Bahts  plus 400000 equal 2400000... Fraaaakkkkk you are right by a factor 10 !!!..  At least.

Edited by Momofarang
  • Thanks 1

I don't care if the married couple never discusses philosophy, current events, or anything deeper than, "Are you hungry?"; HOWEVER, I would want a wife that could produce an intellect to varying degrees.  Why?  Then I can trust them in all situations, and know they are smart enough to make good decisions.  Since none of us are really fluent, we have no idea if their IQ is 60 or 160.  In our home country, we know if the person is smart and if our kids will be smart/clever or not.  

Am I asking for too much?