Why do Foreigners marry a Thai Nationals?

SoSoCNX

On 1/10/2020 at 11:56 AM, fishtank said:

Have you seen Western Women?

You beat me to it. After my ill fated partnership with a western woman ( my excuse is that I hadn't discovered Thailand at that time ) I swore never to get involved with any western woman ever again. Thai women, on the other hand, held the promise of an actual sex life.

On 1/15/2020 at 11:18 PM, Lacessit said:

I'd marry mine in a heartbeat, if it were not for Centrelink ( Australia ) rules which would automatically cut my pension by about 10,000 baht/month.

You can have a village wedding, which they will never know about unless you tell them. I wish I'd done that as I lost a lot of money from my pension.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Hope you got a vasectomy.  Children can change attitudes and certainly take time, finances, and freedoms from your life.  Of course if you are young and want offspring, thats how its done.

I think I should have had a castration when I was young. I'd be way more wealthy and happy now for not wanting women and all that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You can have a village wedding, which they will never know about unless you tell them. I wish I'd done that as I lost a lot of money from my pension.

Australia, greatest country in the world.

You lose money when you get married, and you lose money when you get divorced.

Every other country, you just lose money in the divorce.

On 1/11/2020 at 9:04 AM, CG1 Blue said:

Actually it was by Labi Siffre (1971), but Madness did an excellent cover 

LOL. I thought he was saying love is madness, and for most of us it is, as it makes us do stupid things like marrying a woman that will take us for everything they can. Having given up on western women, I thought Thai women were different, but sadly they ain't. A woman of any nationality can be a greedy, using <deleted> from hell.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 10:53 AM, samsensam said:

different people have different needs and expectations from relationships. personally, whether back home, here, or anywhere, i date educated, middle class, professional women who have jobs, cars and homes and with whom i can communicate effectively and have meaningful interaction.

others prefer women with lower education and lower, or no, employment expectations, this i would argue gives the man some feeling of well being through control and of being the patriarchal provider and of not being alone/lonely, and if that suits them, and the woman, then fine.

Interesting post.

My personal opinion, women don't have anything to say, that I'm interested in hearing, it's just blah, blah, blah, so it doesn't matter what language they are speaking in, because I'm not listening.

As for women with lower educations than me (or men for that matter), it's unlikely I'd ever find anyone to speak with if I applied that criteria to all my conversations, and that would probably include you.

My current Thai gf speaks perfect English (but dropped out of uni after 2 years).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I, for one, do not see any benefit for the man.

There you go, fixed the OP for you, applies to every man in every country of the world.

But I guess we all do it in the hopes of getting unlimited access to that product we all want.

Fat chance!

What i find unbelievable, it's that most of us understand this basic truth only when it's too late.

• Haha 1

On 1/10/2020 at 10:34 AM, Tayaout said:

My Thai wife is fluent in English and educated. Contrary to TV belief not all Thai have low IQ and low English proficiency. When I met her she was already watching western movies and listening to western music so she kind of understand western culture. I know what you mean because the first Thai women I met had much lower education and English skills but I did not marry any of them. By the way if we don't speak nor read Thai then most Thai also see us as low IQ and uneducated. 

My wife is the same ,actually the only Thai tv she watches is the news ,we lived in the UK for many years she and our son speak ,read and write English ,

Personally i do not think i could marry someone who only speaks "pidgeon " English ,as i like having a conversation ,but then ,much as i have nothing at all against bar girls ,i prefer someone who is educated and has been in business ,as i have more in common with them(sorry if that sounds a bit  stuck up) i am not at all . but i get on with my wife as she is funny and articulate , 

5 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

My wife is the same ,actually the only Thai tv she watches is the news ,we lived in the UK for many years she and our son speak ,read and write English ,

Personally i do not think i could marry someone who only speaks "pidgeon " English ,as i like having a conversation ,but then ,much as i have nothing at all against bar girls ,i prefer someone who is educated and has been in business ,as i have more in common with them(sorry if that sounds a bit  stuck up) i am not at all . but i get on with my wife as she is funny and articulate , 

It is not stuck up at all, I too cannot imagine marrying someone who is on an intellectual par with me.

I really dont understand why anyone who does is suprised when it all goes to hell.

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You beat me to it. After my ill fated partnership with a western woman ( my excuse is that I hadn't discovered Thailand at that time ) I swore never to get involved with any western woman ever again. Thai women, on the other hand, held the promise of an actual sex life.

How did that work out for you, I seem to remeber you moaning about wife number 2 at grest length. 

Unless you're pretty rich what kind of woman would an average smoo in his 60's have a chance at in the west, exactly.....

Unless you plan on having kids here in Thailand I don't understand the need for marriage.....whyfe. ahahaa

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

So you are talking about monogamy?

That has to be one of the most unnatural fantasies ever created.

No, I'm talking about getting unlimited access to that product we all want in the west.

I tried marriage, but that didn't work (and cost me a fortune).

I tried becoming a millionaire (unfortunately I had tried marriage first)

The only sensible answer I've found, is to move to a country that doesn't pay welfare to single moms.

Edited by BritManToo

I married her because I like being daddy warbucks to a hot little hottie half my age who looks good in the morning and good at night. She spends my money well. She takes care of me like no other woman ever has, and she sees me as her personal ATM, and I keep her wallet full. She is funny and makes me laugh. She trims my nose and ear hairs, and massages my feet. Cooks me breakfast everyday. Shops. Cooks me lunch. Orders online. Shops. Cleans the house meticulously. Cooks me dinner. Shops some more. Only understands half of what I say, and could care less about the other half. I get to be king of my castle. As long as I treat her like a queen. It's cool.

• Haha 2

On 1/10/2020 at 7:38 AM, Tayaout said:

Because my Thai wife act like a woman. She take care of our son and the house without complaining. I take care of finance and the garden. All my previous western girlfriends gave me headache and it felt like a constant fight. 

I feel like that with my Thai one too so not sure that is always the case hehe.

Seems you got a good one.

Only reason I married was due to parents here and visa purpose. Would never marry anyone otherwise, nonsense / waste of money.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

3 hours ago, metempsychotic said:

It is not stuck up at all, I too cannot imagine marrying someone who is on an intellectual par with me.

I really dont understand why anyone who does is suprised when it all goes to hell.

I wanted to marry my intellectual equal but that group wasn't exactly overflowing with comely wenches.

On 1/10/2020 at 6:43 AM, Mitkof Island said:

Ever tried dating a creature from back home? The attitude alone ain,t worth it.

Maybe you could post a full frame picture of yourself so we could understand what sort of "creature" you are. Your attitude is clear from your post so we don't need to consider that.

On 1/10/2020 at 6:24 AM, ThailandRyan said:

The clear answer is that a person marries their partner for life regardless of race, color, creed or nationality...….all else is ridiculous to assume

Big fat nope on that one.  You know how ignorant the average person is?  Well almost half of all people are even more stupid, ignorant and unenlightened.

I wish everyone was as "awoken" as you claim....

The sad truth is that people are attracted to attractive people because their brains subconsciously tell them an attractive person is healthier, i.e. more fit for reproduction. 

They have no control over their unconscious shallow, superficial "intuition" any more than you have control over your heart beating or desire to breathe after holding your breath for three minutes.

Most Asians have attractive bodies, but their faces tend to be unattractive. 

Guys looking for short term relationships prefer women with hot bodies. 

Guys like attractive faces for long term relationships.

In the West, most women have unattractive bodies, but more attractive faces than the average Asian. 

This is why attractive Western women with hot bodies tend to be more attractive than even the most beautiful Asian women. 

And it also explains why attractive Asian women get surgery to "westernize" their faces to increase their attractiveness levels.

Hope this helps.

Evolutionary Psychology, I've read a book or two. ????

Edited by SiSePuede419
  • Haha 1

On 1/10/2020 at 6:43 AM, Mitkof Island said:

Ever tried dating a creature from back home? The attitude alone ain,t worth it.

After my divorce in 2016 I started looking for someone to travel with. I spoke with many women from 3 different dating sites (in North America) and once the truths started coming out, there was so much baggage I said to myself I'm traveling alone and whatever happens I will see where it goes. I met Nuch in Chiang Rai. And she checked off the most important boxes I had in mind. Close to my age so I wouldn't have to worry about her wanting babies. Kids old enough to be on there own. She had a 26 year old with a life of her own. And she was free to tour Asia. I can't believe how well she treats me. Good chance we'll be married this year. Are all Thai ladies free from baggage? No but it's up to you what you'll put up with. 

I get a kick out of people saying Thai women only want you for your money/resources. I haven't dated a woman from Canada that within the first hour didn't want to know what I did for a living. Valid question of course but also code for is his earning potential good or great. Every woman wants security. I don't care but I look at there spending habits and how they talk about money. That speaks volumes of you know what to listen for. ????????????????

• Like 1