BANGKOK
SoSoCNX

Why do Foreigners marry a Thai Nationals?

On 1/10/2020 at 11:56 AM, fishtank said:

Have you seen Western Women?

You beat me to it. After my ill fated partnership with a western woman ( my excuse is that I hadn't discovered Thailand at that time ) I swore never to get involved with any western woman ever again. Thai women, on the other hand, held the promise of an actual sex life.

On 1/15/2020 at 11:18 PM, Lacessit said:

I'd marry mine in a heartbeat, if it were not for Centrelink ( Australia ) rules which would automatically cut my pension by about 10,000 baht/month.

You can have a village wedding, which they will never know about unless you tell them. I wish I'd done that as I lost a lot of money from my pension.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Hope you got a vasectomy.  Children can change attitudes and certainly take time, finances, and freedoms from your life.  Of course if you are young and want offspring, thats how its done.

I think I should have had a castration when I was young. I'd be way more wealthy and happy now for not wanting women and all that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You can have a village wedding, which they will never know about unless you tell them. I wish I'd done that as I lost a lot of money from my pension.

Australia, greatest country in the world.

You lose money when you get married, and you lose money when you get divorced.

Every other country, you just lose money in the divorce.

On 1/11/2020 at 9:04 AM, CG1 Blue said:

Actually it was by Labi Siffre (1971), but Madness did an excellent cover 

LOL. I thought he was saying love is madness, and for most of us it is, as it makes us do stupid things like marrying a woman that will take us for everything they can. Having given up on western women, I thought Thai women were different, but sadly they ain't. A woman of any nationality can be a greedy, using <deleted> from hell.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Australia, greatest country in the world.

You lose money when you get married, and you lose money when you get divorced.

Every other country, you just lose money in the divorce.

Never been to NZ?

On 1/10/2020 at 10:53 AM, samsensam said:

different people have different needs and expectations from relationships. personally, whether back home, here, or anywhere, i date educated, middle class, professional women who have jobs, cars and homes and with whom i can communicate effectively and have meaningful interaction.

others prefer women with lower education and lower, or no, employment expectations, this i would argue gives the man some feeling of well being through control and of being the patriarchal provider and of not being alone/lonely, and if that suits them, and the woman, then fine.

Interesting post.

My personal opinion, women don't have anything to say, that I'm interested in hearing, it's just blah, blah, blah, so it doesn't matter what language they are speaking in, because I'm not listening.

As for women with lower educations than me (or men for that matter), it's unlikely I'd ever find anyone to speak with if I applied that criteria to all my conversations, and that would probably include you.

My current Thai gf speaks perfect English (but dropped out of uni after 2 years).

• Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 10:47 AM, spinner2020 said:

OP is most likely confusing (deliberately, perhaps?) Thai women with Thai prostitutes. They are not the same thing,

You're right!

Some Thai prostitutes are Thai men pretending to be Thai women.

• Haha 1

12 years now, She's my get out of jail card 

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I, for one, do not see any benefit for the man.

There you go, fixed the OP for you, applies to every man in every country of the world.

But I guess we all do it in the hopes of getting unlimited access to that product we all want.

Fat chance!

What i find unbelievable, it's that most of us understand this basic truth only when it's too late.

• Haha 1

On 1/10/2020 at 10:34 AM, Tayaout said:

My Thai wife is fluent in English and educated. Contrary to TV belief not all Thai have low IQ and low English proficiency. When I met her she was already watching western movies and listening to western music so she kind of understand western culture. I know what you mean because the first Thai women I met had much lower education and English skills but I did not marry any of them. By the way if we don't speak nor read Thai then most Thai also see us as low IQ and uneducated. 

My wife is the same ,actually the only Thai tv she watches is the news ,we lived in the UK for many years she and our son speak ,read and write English ,

Personally i do not think i could marry someone who only speaks "pidgeon " English ,as i like having a conversation ,but then ,much as i have nothing at all against bar girls ,i prefer someone who is educated and has been in business ,as i have more in common with them(sorry if that sounds a bit  stuck up) i am not at all . but i get on with my wife as she is funny and articulate , 

On 1/10/2020 at 5:56 AM, fishtank said:

Have you seen Western Women?

Many, up close even, most were pretty hot.

Easy to talk to too.

5 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

My wife is the same ,actually the only Thai tv she watches is the news ,we lived in the UK for many years she and our son speak ,read and write English ,

Personally i do not think i could marry someone who only speaks "pidgeon " English ,as i like having a conversation ,but then ,much as i have nothing at all against bar girls ,i prefer someone who is educated and has been in business ,as i have more in common with them(sorry if that sounds a bit  stuck up) i am not at all . but i get on with my wife as she is funny and articulate , 

It is not stuck up at all, I too cannot imagine marrying someone who is on an intellectual par with me.

I really dont understand why anyone who does is suprised when it all goes to hell.